Amazing Member

Default Barack Obama stuff

What did you think of his Presidency? What religion is he? Do you know his middle name is Hussein?

I like him and I am a Libertarian African American. For some strange reason he is not a major anti gun person. He is a good speaker unlike Trump. Have you noted anything about him?

2008 is asking for it's thread back.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    2008 is asking for it's thread back.
    Can I go with it?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

He didn't lie every other time he opened his mouth, wasn't racist, loved his family, didn't use the presidency to enrich himself and had a dog or two.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    He didn't lie every other time he opened his mouth, wasn't racist, loved his family, didn't use the presidency to enrich himself and had a dog or two.
    You are WRONG! Trump does not lie every other time he opens his mouth!

He lies every time he opens his mouth.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You are WRONG! Trump does not lie every other time he opens his mouth!

He lies every time he opens his mouth.
    I wanted to write that, too, but then I thought about those times where he just uses his outside voice to admit criminal acts like getting rid of Comey because of "the Russia thing" and such. Lying ALL the time takes more smarts than Trump has.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by King Grinch View Post
    What did you think of his Presidency? What religion is he? Do you know his middle name is Hussein?

I like him and I am a Libertarian African American. For some strange reason he is not a major anti gun person. He is a good speaker unlike Trump. Have you noted anything about him?
    I believe him to be an honestly positive person who wanted to do what he felt was best for our country and it's citizens as a whole. If the situation at the time hadn't forced some of his decisions, I think he could've been one of our greatest Presidents. He may be in retrospect.
    Having said that, I'll also say that I don't agree with some of his decisions and believe we'll be feeling their negative effects for a few decades to come.

I believe he's a Christian, but doesn't rely on his religion to dictate his every decision. A Christian, but not a fanatic.

How could anyone not be aware his middle name is Hussein? What's your point for asking?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

I liked Mr. Obama a lot. I personally consider him to be one of my role models. He was so different from many African & African American politicians. No grandstanding, showing off or running his mouth or even worse being desperate to be liked. He was genuinely was interested in duty and serving the citizens. Even putting aside the Trump clown show. Obama would have never have lost the 2016 election not because he had more appeal. Because he would never have allowed himself to become so complacent thinking that the election was in the bag so he could just kick back.

I just finished listening to the audio book for Game Changer and the writer noted that he was considering giving up his senate seat after his first term and running for governor because he was turned off by the jockeying and politicking that went on in senate. Nothing got done it was just a bunch of (mostly men) competing and trying to burnish their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post

I believe he's a Christian, but doesn't rely on his religion to dictate his every decision. A Christian, but not a fanatic.

How could anyone not be aware his middle name is Hussein? What's your point for asking?

Obama, from what I've seen and read is a devout Christian. Meaning he is led by his faith and has respect and reverance for God that he refuses to embarrass His name. As a believer, I think that only God knows people's hearts and minds. But there are tell tale signs of in people's behaviour. And I see very little signs from the behaviour of some so called dedicated Christian politicians (ie. Mike Pence, Ted Cruz). I just see people who are more followers of their ego than The Almighty.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

While I did vote for Obama both times I have mixed feelings on him. I can't quite articulate these thoughts right now because I'm dead tired. I'll try to put them into words later.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

He ramped up the neo-conservatism of his predecessor George W. Bush by way of the surveillance state and foreign interventionism. I percieve him as one of the lesser presidents in the history of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    He ramped up the neo-conservatism of his predecessor George W. Bush by way of the surveillance state and foreign interventionism. I percieve him as one of the lesser presidents in the history of the United States.
    While I don't think that it's quite as "All Bad" as that, the disappointments during his two terms were pretty serious ones. All the greater because a guy who knows his law doesn't really have the same sort of an out that George W. had.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 01-27-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

I have mixed feelings about Obama as well, but overall feel he was better than his predecessors Clinton and Bush Jr (the latter of whom belongs in jail as far as I'm concerned). Overall I don't regret voting for him, especially given the alternatives presented at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by King Grinch View Post

1. I think he could have done more good than almost any president in my lifetime (which goes back to Eisnhower) if the Republicans hadn't blocked him at every turn. Among other things, we would have had real actual national health care if he hadn't had to compromise.

2. Oh for the love of complete and total BS. Is anybody seriously still on that crock? There is nothing wrong if he were Muslim but his whole background supports that he's Christian.

3. Why yes I did know his middle name was Hussein. And...?

4. Yes, I've noted he was a great president.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...U8KmXed1qV7NvA

Interesting thing is this was a questionnaire to members of the American Political Science Associations' present and past presidents and Executive Politics section. These are not just run of the mill voters but people who understand politics and the economy on a very detailed and educated level. You would expect there would be extreme division based on political affiliation. But among people on this level, there is not. Democrats among the group averaged rating Obama as the 6th best president in American history. Independents rated him at Number 12. And here it comes. Republican members rated him at Number 16. Overall, he was rated the 8th best president in the history of the United States.

Democrats rated Trump as the worst president in American history. Independents rated him as the second worst. But here come Republicans to save him, right? They rated him as 5th from the bottom, only four presidents in history worse. Overall, he was rated dead last, the worst president in U.S. history- and that was before the government shutdown.
    Power with Girl is better.

He saved the country from the worst colapse since the Great Depression. A collapse brought on by his predesessor. I have problems with some of his decisions, especially letting those guilty off and some of the financial institutions going unscathed. But all in all he did good. He could have done more if America hadn't forgotten that the GOP almost destroyed the country and brought them back in 2010.

Extraordinary Member

I think you can probably say that as a persion Obama had about as good of a moral character as you could ask for in a President. First and foremost he did the most important thing he needed to do, which was lead the country out of a recession. That to me will be his primary legacy besides the historical aspect of being the first African American President. I think healthcare should probably be the other component of his legacy but I'm not quite sure how long it will last. Sadly most of his accomplishments are being torn down by a sick party with a vendetta. A wish he held them to the fire for it far more.

But regardless, the one most importannt thing he got right.