Spectacular Member

Default Should WW return to monthly issue after price rised to 3.99?

I'm afraid not many people will pay $8 a month for WW……

Extraordinary Member

I don't think anybody should have to pay $8 a month for any comic. And I always thought the books publishing twice a month was unnecessary, personally.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

It's crazy to me that people want less rather than more, but if it means getting a higher-quality book by higher-caliber talent than what we have now (at least in terms of writing -- the art has been pretty good), then go for it. But I prefer getting as much WW as I can.

At the end of the day, DC is a business with a product and a bottom line. I want more Wonder Woman projects, not more issues of the same title in a certain time period. Reality bites, but I'm happy to spend less of my disposable income. And raising prices automatically means I become more selective about what I buy, so they better make up for it with better artwork, plotting, and editing.

Also, unlike ACTION and DETECTIVE, her ongoing isn't racing to meet some upcoming milestone deadline.

I think they really need to being back sensation comcis to tell two different stories

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I think they really need to being back sensation comcis to tell two different stories
    Yeah, I'd rather have her have two monthlies than one book that comes out twice a month. A lot of creative teams can barely handle a monthly schedule with out fill-ins/delays and at least with two monthlies, readers have the option of just picking up one if they can't afford both.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

The problem is DC will never do that. She does well with non-mainstream work. I do think we can have a great mainstream

I love WONDER WOMAN and would rather use the other $4.00 bucks on a TROIA.ARTEMIS.or NUBIA title.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I thought $3.99 means monthly? Automatically.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I thought $3.99 means monthly? Automatically.
    We will get the answer in the August solicitation this week. I hope

Unless Wonder Woman gets an A-Level artist I would want her main title to remain twice-monthly, regardless of price.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I love WONDER WOMAN and would rather use the other $4.00 bucks on a TROIA.ARTEMIS.or NUBIA title.
    I would love to see a return of Sensation Comics where a Wonder Woman family dynamic can be built up. Diana fighting alongside Cassie, Artemis, Donna and any other associates. That would be a secondary book however as I would still rather have the main title be twice-a-month.