Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
    Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I make it a point to do the following:

1. Recognize that a fictional character is just that.
    2. Place the blame for unlikable portrayals where it belongs: writers & editors.
    3. Be open to better portrayals without holding a grudge over worse portrayals.

A good example of this is Victor Creed. The evil, stupid, mindless killer version bores me. The Age of Apocalypse version or the inverted version were both interesting

On the other hand, I've yet to enjoy any story with the Sentry. The first reason is that the evil or mentally ill Superman character concept has been done to death, and it has been done far better elsewhere than in any Sentry appearance I've read. The second is that I'm not a fan of the whole trope "the world magically forgot this character" trope to be uninteresting. Same thing with Triumph over at DC.

Each character is part of the reason I read comics in the first place, hating them would mean hating comics for me.

Black Panther
    Jane Foster Thor
    Carol Danvers
    America Chavez
    Kamala Khan
    Hulk

My hatred goes for overpowered villains or those who mess with balance of things

High Evolutionary: I go by his Spider-Man Unlimited take for this one, he wants to escape war so he moves to another world where there are more wars, so he turns animals to anthropomorphs to suit his rule. They can't be mated with or eaten, all you can do is watch them as upperclass characters while humans are down in the slums. And what do they eat?

Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Sebastian Shaw.... overpowered jerks.

Lilandra's brother: Goes to a far off planet to kidnap a woman he desires... the whole Shia'ar connection to Earth is pretty dumb from start to finish, but this is worse than Lilandra falling for Professor X out of the blue.

Peter Parker: He's been portrayed unbearable a lot in the last two Disney cartoons, a useless goofball that needs to be saved constantly. While he improved during the first season of Ultimate, he's terrible from start to a big chunk of the mid of season 2. Every time he brags about easily beating Batroc in the Ultimate cartoon makes me want to punch him harder than Bartoc kick's him.

I feel the same way about him in Homecoming, almost all damage in that movie is caused by him being irresponsible, and then he brags to his friend about being an Avenger and why he doesn't need to go to school.

And while he's pretty different from the comics in the Amazing movies, he does have moments of being a selfish jerk in the first movie, and he's a complete wreck of a character in the game tie-ins for those two movies, he neglects a warning twice before causing the creatures outbreak in the first movie tie-in game.

In comics like New Avengers he's just a useless clown that is there to be beaten or make jokes, or whine.

Since I mentioned Spider-Man Unlimited, I have to admit he's great in that show, and reminder of what I love about that character.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Not a character per se, but I hate most time mind controllers, time travelers, and reality warpers are usedas plot devices to start, move, or end a story.

Most of the time it feels cheap.

Amazing Member

N.I.N.O. himself, Sam Alexander

BANNED

Finally a thread I can deal with...Okay characters I hate: Cypher of the X-men...I honestly just hate him and his language translated power.

Layla Miller and that was due to my own personal high expectations for her and being letdown with her overall character.

Jane Foster Thor...However that's more to how Marvel tried to "Promote" the Character, how they didn't use her history well enough and make Thor look like a fool regardless of what the true reasons were.

Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), but that's due to Marvel's misuse of the character at time and disregards of her history.

Iron man: Great in the movies, but not so much in the comics. That's due to how Marvel has him often skirts away from real problems that he helps creates. Great armors though.

Black Panther, but that's due to how previous current writers write his adventures as a can do it all hero and embarrass his Superhuman peers instead of seeing them as sort of equals. I was never a fan of the Christopher Priest and Reginald Hudlin versions of the character.

Cyclops....Nice powers, but his too driven ideology is often a no for me. THat and how many times he tries to walk away, but can't.

Cable for his overall character and actions...if it wasn't for his counterplay with Deadpool he would have been nothing, but annoying.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 08-15-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Iron man: Great in the movies, but not so much in the comics. That's due to how Marvel has him often skirts away from real problems that he helps creates. Great armors though.
    I remember him being a better character prior to civil war, and during the Matt Fraction/Salvador Larroca run.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I remember him being a better character prior to civil war, and during the Matt Fraction/Salvador Larroca run.
    And it was that run that I ran into problems with Iron Man and caused my hatred for the character because Fraction had him sweep away his Civil War actions due to mind wipe or some techno babble that made him regress. It also had him forget the things he learned from his actions in Civil War. I would have kept it and see where they take Tony Stark from there.

Iron man did nothing wrong! Js