Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Fantomex and Quetin Quire. Both characters are just awful, but because they were created by Grant Morrison that makes other writers think they are important characters and they keep getting used. They would both make better straight up villains then they ever have trying to cram them onto an x-team.
    And he killed Darkstar. EFF Fantomex. Darkstar should kill him back.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I've moved away from that kind of thing as much as I can. I just avoid those characters and don't buy their titles and by not buying them they stay off my radar.

Hindsight Lad

Sentry and Jessica Jones.
    Both because they were shoe horned into Marvel continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Goddamn Deadpool.
    Me too. Also...

Wolverine. For being so damn overrated as well.

Spider-Man. During Clone Saga, I just never saw him the same way again.

Squirrel Girl. Why is she becoming a thing now?

Rocket Raccoon and Groot. I can't believe they've gotten so popular now.

Jessica Jones. Never read the comics, but saw most of her show and Defenders. Just not likable to me.

Maria Hill, can't stand her except oddly enough the MCU version .
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I don't know if hate is the right word. I will say that there is a large number of ridiculously inane characters whose appeal to fans I don't think I'll ever understand.

I was never a fan of Deadpool either. Have no interest in seeing the movies. And don't care for him in the comics.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

I try not to 'hate' characters, but there are a few I can't stand, like the Beyonder, the Sentry or Quentin Quire, each of whom is a different symptom of the same ailment, demanding that I take them seriously when they haven't earned it (and demanding that characters I *like* take them seriously, when, IMO, the characters being suborned or written down to prop them up are worth ten of them). They get pushed out with new character stink, and everyone is forced to act like they are a big deal, and half the time they are forgotten before the decade is out.

And then there's characters I don't hate, so much as don't 'get.' Cable. Fantomex. Hope Summers. Kid Gladiator. Glob Herman. Friggin' Beak. Squirrel Girl. Ugh.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I am apathetic to most Marvel characters save for the Fantastic Four, X-Men and Spider-Man, maybe Iron Man and Captain America. But like many here I do not like Deadpool he's kind hard to take seriously in anyway really. Squirrel Girl not my cup of tea either.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Incredible Member

Old man Logan: don’t get me wrong I liked the character in his universe because I like exploring and learning more about that universe, but him being in the main universe has made me hate the character. It cheapened the real wolverines death and it also cheapened Laura as she had the mantle of wolverine. I am happy I’m getting old man Hawkeye to enjoy that universe... if they bring him to the main universe though we are going to have a problem.

Pymtron: the whole “is he isn’t he really pym deep down” got old real quick and I’d prefer just have broth characters back separately. Not that they’ll ever really know what to do with Hank when he’s back but it’ll be better than this. I’m sure he’ll go on a apology tour like Steve.

Original 5 X-men: have they served their purpose yet? I’m hoping decimation rids then for good. I’d rather read about their adult selves and have them developed more, speaking of which bring back cyclops!

Jean Grey.

Quentin Quire, Spiderman, Black Panther, Wiccan, Star Lord, Crystal, Ironman, Dakken, Anole, Iceman.

Deadpool.
    He’s not funny, he’s not cool, he is waaaaayyy overrated, and I’m sick of him appearing in everything!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Me too. Also...

Wolverine. For being so damn overrated as well.

Spider-Man. During Clone Saga, I just never saw him the same way again.

Squirrel Girl. Why is she becoming a thing now?

Rocket Raccoon and Groot. I can't believe they've gotten so popular now.

Jessica Jones. Never read the comics, but saw most of her show and Defenders. Just not likable to me.
    KIDS...........

All you gotta do is look down the toy isle and you will see why.

I don't know if hate is the right word. I will say that there is a large number of ridiculously inane characters whose appeal to fans I don't think I'll ever understand.
    It's called overexposure.

And in comics it's way worst because you have stores who will OVER STOCK a book because certain folks are on it. Then play DUMB when that book leaves behind a ton of unsold books in bins. Even if you manage to sell them at a higher price-they still should not have been there in the first place in such a large number.
    I don't see how Batman sales with how much he packs bad issues and clearance bins. One used book store I went to originally only had 4 rows of X-Men and 2 of Batman. Now it's 12 of X-Men and 10 of Batman. One store it's 20 rows of X-Men (mostly post 2009).
    Yet all we heard was there were unsold copies of Moon Girl and certain other books in stores.

And another case is something a character's color scheme.
    Ever wonder why the Charlotte Hornets (first version) and Oakland Raiders were tops in clothing sales? It wasn't that folks cared for the team-it was the color schemes that attracted them.

For comics it's costumes. Take Storm. If someone has never read her books-they know her iconic outfit. Same with Spider-Gwen, Aquaman & Static. And especially HARLEY & women of Black Panther.