Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I had some much love and respect for Carol. Her, Spit Fire and Domino are some of my all time favorite heroes period. , but Carol forgot who was there for her when she was off the wagon. So she went on to put the man that helped her into a coma.She was putting people with no evidence in jail. I can't frigging wait for Tony and her get in each others face. She put my boy in coma and I hope she doesn't think it's over.
    r
    I was going to ask if that had been resolved. But if past Civil Wars have taught us anything it is sadly that heroes very rarely are made to pay for their shitty behavior, especially towards each other.

female rage.jpg
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I wouldn't take anything that Bendis wrote seriously, especially CW2.

Extraordinary Member

Valeria Richards.

If I didn't know Sue was the mother I'd swear to God somebody spliced together DNA from Reed and Namor.

[IMG][/IMG]
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    The entire Ultimate FF- they ruined reed, sue, ben and even johnny to a certain extent. This was basically just a way to destroy everything that makes the FF great in an attempt to be edgy.
    I'm going to have to severely disagree here.

Now, I quit the Ultimate Universe shortly after Ultimatum, and I understand that some version of Reed Richards went evil and broke the universe or something like that (didn't read it, after my time).

But for years the UFF were about as edgy as H.E.R.B.I.E.. Ellis's run, most of Millar's run (if you can stomach the Greg Land art), Mikey Carey's big Kirby homage run... those were all perfectly... Fantastic.

Cyclops during early X-Factor. Betsy Braddock at around same-ish time in Uncanny X-Men.

Captain America - He’s written as a self righteous dick I don’t see why so many like him.
    Captain Marvel - Same as above but with added hypocrisy
    Dr Doom & Thanos - The most over used, over powered villains out there, there is no limit to their plot armour.
    Jimmy Hudson - why does he still exist.
    All wolverines except Logan, Daken and Laura - we don’t need anymore.
    Fantomex - this should be obvious.

I don't hate characthers, hating on a fictional person is just a waste of time, but there are some that i dislike.

Daken, i only read Dark Woverine when the whole Dark Reign was happening, but i just find him obnoxious and trying to hard to be edgy (his stupid mohawk doesn't help either, althougth it gave me a few laugths). I heard that he has change for the better, but i can't confirm it.

Miles Morales, this has to do more with his annoying fans than the characther himself, the lack of respect toward Peter annoys me.

Post OMD Spider-Man, since that storyline, there had been changes toward Peter's characther that had made him more obnoxious in my eyes and althougth you can still find quality here and there, is not as often as i would like.

Superior Spider-Man, he has to be the most overrated piece of garbage that i had ever seen in a while and it gets on my nerves when people said that he was a better hero than Peter.

In another matter, i'm a fan of Wolverine and Deadpool, but i'm sad for the fact that now apparently i had to feel bad for liking then, because Marvel made a ton of stupid decisions regarding the characthers (mainly overexposure).
    Last edited by TheCape; 05-24-2018 at 06:54 AM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Squirrel Girl... Until they redesigned her and basically changed everything about her including her powers, origin, personality, and appearance, I thought she was a cute concept... Now, it's just like "what's your purpose?"

I don't hate Deadpool, but due to him being like everywhere, I'd just rather not read anything headlining him. Too many cooks. Said the same about Wolverine a few years ago, X23 is the only Wolverine variant I can stand. Black Panther is getting there too, but oddly that has nothing to do with the books. Friends and family are getting on my nerves. Dude has been around since before I was born. I get it, yeah "Wakanda forever...”.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I change my answer from no one to Ultimate Sue Storm. She was a bitch and a mere shell compared to the original 616 Sue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't hate characthers, hating on a fictional person is just a waste of time, but there are some that i dislike.

Daken, i only read Dark Woverine when the whole Dark Reign was happening, but i just find obnoxious and trying to hard to be edgy (his stupid mohak doesn't help either,.althougth it gave me a few laugths). I heard that he has change for the better, but i can't confirm it.

Daken is very different nowadays. I don't follow him actively but his crossover with X23 as well as his guest arc in All New Wolverine were pretty cool.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Captain America
    Captain Marvel
    Storm
    Beast
    Inhumans Royal Family

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I used to hate Wonder Man and Iron Man for their selfish actions but after I read more of each character I came to understand them better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Steve Rogers. Absolutely loathe this character because the writers clearly love him so much. Whenever he shows up, almost all of the characters fawn on him like just being in his presence is the most wonderful experience ever. And if someone dares to disagree with him, the rest of the story will be about how that person is evil, an idiot, or an evil idiot. It's gotten to the point that I literally dread any comic I hear will have him in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Superior Spider-Man, he has to be the most overrated piece of garbage that i had ever seen in a while and it gets on my nerves whwn people said that he was a better hero than Peter.
    Unfortunately, all this is true.

I can only think of one character in all of fiction that I can truly say I hate, and that is Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

-Pav, who likes comic books and doesn't spend time hating the characters found within...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Cyclops fluctuates between being dull as cardboard and a self righteous prick, sometimes managing to do both at once. On top of that, he's probably got the most oboxious fanbase of any marvel character.

Norman Osborn is also extremely overused and allowed to get away with plenty of things he should never even come close to.

Maria Hill is a total grade A-b**ch that always manages to find the absolute worse ways to screw everything up.

Thanos tends to fall into the "this guy is the absolute best at everything and nobody can ever do anything better than he does" level of obnoxiousness. At least Dr. Doom fails, gets outsmarted, and looses his temper now and again.

I like Deadpool, but I don't like everybody just accepting the guy and treating him like a hero.

I'd also put Sentry on this list, but I don't think they ever established an actual consistent personality in the guy to hate.