Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Namor- the ridiculous "romance" with sue storm is so annoying every time it pops up. Him basically being creepy stalker guy who hits on a married woman makes me never want to root for the character.

The entire Ultimate FF- they ruined reed, sue, ben and even johnny to a certain extent. This was basically just a way to destroy everything that makes the FF great in an attempt to be edgy.

Ultimate Hulk- Millar at his absolute worst.

Ultimate Scarlet witch and quicksilver- marvel at their absolute worst.

Gabby- Honey badger- seems like such a forced "pet character" she absolutely derailed all new wolverine for me with the forced "cuteness" that just got more and more annoying. I loved the idea of giving laura a kid to watch out for but man gabby got annoying quick and derailed all new wolverine and x-men red for me.

Sentry- I hated the whole concept of the character, annoys me every time he appears

Fantomex- just annoys the heck out of me

Quentin Quire- ruins almost all comics he appears in.

- I kinda extremely dislike Miles Morales now- not because of anything the character has done but mostly because it seems impossible for any discussion about him to come up without his fans coming around and saying that peter is a boring old tired character who needs to be killed off and that annoys the heck out of me. Basically every time I see miles appear in anything I know there is going to be 8-10 articles on pretty much every site I go to about how "it's time for miles morales". I am absolutely good with him being in the marvel universe and existing as a young hero that peter mentors or something like that but the fact that pretty much the majority of his fans immediately ask for peter to be killed off in every medium that miles appears in so that Miles can become "the" spiderman annoys me to no end.
    Last edited by regg215; 05-13-2018 at 12:04 AM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I've moved away from that kind of thing as much as I can. I just avoid those characters and don't buy their titles and by not buying them they stay off my radar.
    Agreed.

I just can't relate to "Let me tell you about what I hate about this..." unless it is in regards to something like adaptations.

If it's a character/comic you don't like, how hard is it to just ignore it?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

There's only one character I hate in Marvel and it's Deadpool. Dude is the definition of a try-hard. I usually do not associate with meme/joke characters and just ignore them, but my god this character is the "gum on the bottom of a shoe" for me.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Gabby- Honey badger- seems like such a forced "pet character" she absolutely derailed all new wolverine for me with the forced "cuteness" that just got more and more annoying. I loved the idea of giving laura a kid to watch out for but man gabby got annoying quick and derailed all new wolverine and x-men red for me.
    You hate her too so do I especially when her overall characterisation feels like Deadpool without the wall breaking thing.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Deadpool used to be good, but he was ruined when people turned him from a cool merc with a dark sense of humor to a a wacky comedian who tells potty jokes. Similar thing with Spider-Man. Guy used to be an everyman who made snarky and cleaver quips at the expense of the villains. Now he’s a hipster millenial clown who tells bad jokes and is seen as pathetic by other superheroes.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    You hate her too so do I especially when her overall characterisation feels like Deadpool without the wall breaking thing.
    I also absolutely hate that character.

I dislike 90% of the character introduced the past twenty five years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I don't hate any character, but sometimes the fans of Storm, Jean Grey and Wolverine make me love these characters any less.

Especially those who are always attacking Scott and Emma.

And the writers and editors made me dislike the Inhumans, Beast, Steve Rogers, and Wanda. But I don't hate them.
    LOL. Thanks for reminding me. Emma Frost. Hate her.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Oh and then there's Carol Danvers. You can bet folding money her movie character won't be much like the quasi-fascist two Civil War storylines have turned her into.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Deadpool used to be good, but he was ruined when people turned him from a cool merc with a dark sense of humor to a a wacky comedian who tells potty jokes. Similar thing with Spider-Man. Guy used to be an everyman who made snarky and cleaver quips at the expense of the villains. Now he’s a hipster millenial clown who tells bad jokes and is seen as pathetic by other superheroes.
    I agree about Spider-Man. I don't hate him but modern interpretations feel horrible to me. That's why I love the 90s Spider-Man cartoon version. That version just felt perfect and wasn't mouthing off every joke that came to mind. He also took things seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Oh and then there's Carol Danvers. You can bet folding money her movie character won't be much like the quasi-fascist two Civil War storylines have turned her into.
    She’s another one of the characters that I used to like, but can’t stand what they’ve become. Both in appearance and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I agree about Spider-Man. I don't hate him but modern interpretations feel horrible to me. That's why I love the 90s Spider-Man cartoon version. That version just felt perfect and wasn't mouthing off every joke that came to mind. He also took things seriously.
    90s cartoon version was good, but if we’re talking animation, I prefer Spectacular. Much closer to Lee/Romita and Lee/Ditko than anything we see today. The live action movies never really did a good job in the quip department. Tobey didn’t quip enough and Holland quips too much with jokes that don’t work. Garfiield was the closest to the sweet spot in live action IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    She’s another one of the characters that I used to like, but can’t stand what they’ve become. Both in appearance and personality.
    I had some much love and respect for Carol. Her, Spit Fire and Domino are some of my all time favorite heroes period. , but Carol forgot who was there for her when she was off the wagon. So she went on to put the man that helped her into a coma.She was putting people with no evidence in jail. I can't frigging wait for Tony and her get in each others face. She put my boy in coma and I hope she doesn't think it's over.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-14-2018 at 12:22 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Goddamn Forge.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I had some much love and respect for Carol. Her, Spit Fire and Domino are some of my all time favorite heroes period. , but Carol forgot who was there for her when she was off the wagon. So she went on to put the man that helped her into a coma.She was putting people with no evidence in jail. I can't frigging wait for Tony and her get in each others face. She put my boy in coma and I hope she doesn't think it's over.
    r
    They’ve pulled so much crap with characters lately to change them from fun to insufferably making decisions they never would have done in the past. Like there’s also Spider-Woman. And even though she’s not technically part of the spider family, they’ve always been about responsibility. And now she has a kid as a hobby allthewhile depriving him of a father and refusing to take care of him, instead leaving him with roommates. It’s one thing to be a working single mom who fell into the situation, but she actively chose this. Just gross. But I guess it’s part of Marvel’s plan to either replace the character you like, kill them, or wish they’ve been replaced or killed when their character is bastardized in an odd attempt to be hip.