Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Mostly legacy characters in Marvel comics. If I was fond of legacy characters, I would probably collect more DC comics. I don't, so the most recent insistence to slot-in legacy characters in place of classic heroes, turned me off on Marvel.

I also hate Wonder Man. There are a lot of lame-ass Marvel characters, IMO...but Wonder Man has got to be the lamest.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Cyclops. His fans have ruined the character for me by being over-the-top in anger, resentment and grudge holding.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Cyclops. His fans have ruined the character for me by being over-the-top in anger, resentment and grudge holding.
    I get that. The X-Men in general have suffered in my eyes because their fanbase is awful at times.

@Topic: I don't hate anyone.

Batman and Punisher are two characters I mostly dislike though.
    I won't go into the former because this is about Marvel.

As for Castle:
    You know, people can have their dark-ish revenge stories, that's fine. The Punisher works well enough in his own little Universe.
    But I dislike that he is part of the larger 616 Universe and how he is always "prepared" for everything just so he can look cool and keep up with the actual Superheroes.
    I mean at the end of the day he is a soldier just like every unnamed shield or Hydra agent. Treat him like that.

PS: Oh and Deadpool is of course overexposed but I liked him in enough stories to be okay with him.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I'm not a fan of Bucky. I feel like in 616, Natasha was turned into a prop/plot device to develop his character and boost his popularity and I can't stand it. Also, more on the MCU side, he has a very loud fanbase that seems to want everything to revolve around him, even at the detriment of other characters like Steve and Natasha. He's the new Loki in the MCU (the same happened in 2012 when it was popular to throw Thor under the bus for Loki's sake). These things have completely put me off the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I'm not a fan of Bucky. I feel like in 616, Natasha was turned into a prop/plot device to develop his character and boost his popularity and I can't stand it. Also, more on the MCU side, he has a very loud fanbase that seems to want everything to revolve around him, even at the detriment of other characters like Steve and Natasha. He's the new Loki in the MCU (the same happened in 2012 when it was popular to throw Thor under the bus for Loki's sake). These things have completely put me off the character.
    I hear you. Agreed.

BANNED

This might be a surprise for some people, but I don't like Namor.

"I'm a dick and woman fall in love with me".

How interistizzzzZZzzzZZZZZzzzZZZZZ.

iMan 42s

I actually forgot a bit about Pymtron.
    It's bad because every writer since hasn't touched anything that came out of Rage of Ultron. Hank's wearing his greatest sin as a face and all writers can think to do is have him attack Earth or relent to pretend things are deep with the hero versus hero conflicts? No, Secret Empire doesn't fix that. Where is the brutal honesty ROU had? Where is the overlap between Hank and Ultron? Where is the rage in Hank for being mistreated by people who claim to be his friends and the rage of Ultron being a living embodiment of everything Hank wont do?

Sure, ridiculous revenge plans and a puddle deep excuse for why he didn't attack again is worth it. I'm glad we all decided to do something new with Ultron and shoved him so many steps behind he fell down the stairs.

Edit- The Half face is dumb. The reason Ultron had a human looking face because it was Hank's made to look like Ultron's. Why not go for Pym's skull trapped in the fires of Ultron's face lasers. Why not give Ultron expression because that would creep people out even more. Giving him a half face just reminds me of lazy superhero movie posters and OC's on the internet.
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 05-12-2018 at 03:18 PM.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

I like the large majority of characters, but the one I never like to see is Medusa. She is always a giant ******* to pretty much anyone she meets. I don't really like Tony Stark, especially in the movies, but I wouldn't say I hate him.

When I was reading Stan Lee's Spider-Man I really hated Aunt May, she was so annoying and always slowed down the story. Her brutally exaggerated concern for Peter was so irritating, and she was so stubborn she refused to acknowledge any evidence that Peter might actually be able to survive without her never-ending nagging and smothering. At one point a doctor even tells her that Peter is the image of perfect health and she just laughs it off, which may have been the moment I went from disliking her to hating her.

The Hellfire Brats. They were a stupid, obnoxious concept. Their very premise was grating, even outside how they were written. Which was also grating.

Azazel. Another stupid concept, written poorly.

Nazi villains. Quite honestly, I rarely enjoy actually seeing them appear. Screw Nazis. Screw Red Skull, Crossbones, Strucker, Zola, all of them. Nazis suck.

Marc Guggenheim.

Punisher. I do not like Revenge Fantasies. They don't appeal to me, and never have.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Well I won't tell I hate him. But because of the fanbase (especially the whole Rightclops thing), this character who was my favorite during a long time isn't one anymore (but I still like him when I don't talk about him with ppl). I can blame writing too because some guys didn't got him and destroyed him to me.

While I'm with the X-Men because of New X-Men, I hated Emma Frost. While I never liked her because of what they did with her in that run (mostly because it touched my two favs characters at that time and hurt them as characters), I started not liking her and more time advanced more I hated her... But lately, since a little time I'm indifferent to her, I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Same here, I agree especially on the first point.

While I never been a fan of his character, I hate when my favs characters are used to prop others characters and between him with Natasha and Emma Frost with Cyke. I think I'm actually subscribed to that kind of **** with my favs...
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Tarantula. When Conway wrote him, he always felt like a bad pet character to me. I also think he looks dumb.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Don't really hate any characters, more like apathy.
    This I just have characters I don't care for
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Fantastic Member

I got a few

Emma Frost
    Cyclops- The older one
    Black Cat
    Angel
    Beast
    Reed Richards- Until Hickman's run
    Peter Parker- I have not liked him in a while

Extraordinary Member

Civil War made me hate Reed Richards. At least Stark got redeemed kind of when his brain was rebooted and ******* Tony no longer existed. But Reed never got called on all the dumb crap he pulled.

Oh and Namor. But I guess that's most people LOL
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike and Carnage. I especially don't like when people try to make them likeable. AXIS was okay but nah, everyone else sucks at it.

Empath cuz I saw him creeping on the New Mutant girls.

I still can't forgive Moondragon for being 200% b*tch in the old books.