Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Compared to say, Axis, sure, but overall? Not really...

Attachment 65928
    And here's a chart that includes Secret Empire...

Marvel-Big-Events.001-1.jpg

My point remains: numbers have never managed to reach the levels of the first Civil War. And by the time Secret Empire rolled around people were so sick of it, that, well, the numbers reflect that fatigue.

Mighty Member

On an unrelated note, I'm surprised Infinity is so low on that list. I may be biased because I liked it but it was certainly better than the majority of the titles that beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    On an unrelated note, I'm surprised Infinity is so low on that list. I may be biased because I liked it but it was certainly better than the majority of the titles that beat it.
    Agreed. I'd hazard to say I liked Infinity better than any of the others on the list.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    It probably has more to do with people just finally getting sick and tired of event books that don't lead anywhere. After they give you event after event after event that have no lasting effect it just make people not care about whatever is coming next that will not matter 3 months latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Either you're making things up, or we read every different comics.

You're not talking about the Ultimate stuff are you?
    Reread the run. His verbal harassment of Jan is hard to miss. He even violently destroyed one of her outfits.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Maria Hill. I've just never taken to the character whatsoever and wouldn't be remotely sad if she was killed off and Marvel had to legally not use her ever again. Just me though LOL.

Incredible Member

The Sentry, one of the few characters who seems truly irredeemable.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It probably has more to do with people just finally getting sick and tired of event books that don't lead anywhere. After they give you event after event after event that have no lasting effect it just make people not care about whatever is coming next that will not matter 3 months latter.
    there seems to be a trend to support that argument based on the graph. That being said, based on said graph, it would seem we're on the uptick for another big seller soon. Infinity wars maybe?

Uncle Ben.

Gert from the Runaways. Her adult hating preachy attitude and the fact that she never develops past it is just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    And here's a chart that includes Secret Empire...

Marvel-Big-Events.001-1.jpg

My point remains: numbers have never managed to reach the levels of the first Civil War. And by the time Secret Empire rolled around people were so sick of it, that, well, the numbers reflect that fatigue.
    Glad to see Secret Wars so high!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Glad to see Secret Wars so high!
    Sad to see AvX that high...
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

I just remembered. there is not a character that I hate more than Donyell Taylor. what were they thinking? here you have Dwayne Taylor. he's about as non-traditional as it got for a black character, at that time (and purposely so). and that extends to his father who was, at first, a loving self-made businessman and former soldier. so what do they do? they reveal that Dwayne's dad impregnated some rando woman in Chicago and abandoned them. and that child, of course, grows up to believe that everything that Dwayne has belongs to him. he easily seduces Silhouette. he goes around solo-ing everyone that Dwayne has fought (except for the actual dangerous opponents). and he puts Dwayne in the hospital. and we're talking about a trench coat, fingerless glove, & bandana wearing crossbow using milli vanilla poochie doing all of this. and, if it had ended with him embarrassing Dwayne and running off with Silhouette, I would just have ignored him. but they then collectively gave me the finger by having Dwayne die as part of a reality tv show. he barely had any lines, was following Speedball's lead, and was the butt of a leather fetish joke before dying. then, after teasing that Dwayne might have survived, they reintroduce Donyell as the new Night Thrasher. and, of course, he's better at it than Dwayne (after they retcon in that he received all of the same training as Dwayne). why do they have such a hard time handling black characters? if it's not revealing Eli Bradley to be a "steroid" user, it's killing Synch, or having T'challa continuously lose. rant over. but Donyell can die for all I care.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Colossus. He's a pedophile and a cheater. As someone who has family members who are CSA victims, I can't wait for the day Piotr's head gets put on a spike.
    Seriously? The guy who had a 13-14 year old pining away for him in a group home, when he was 18, specifically DIDN'T sleep with her, and then broke up with her? And got chastised by Kurt and Logan for not doing right by her? Seriously?

Piotr's not a pedophile. but his relationship with Kitty Pryde is gross. she's one of the reasons that he's not more popular as a marvel strong guy. well that and him being really slow in the 90s X-Men arcade game.