Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I didn't say he'd done anything diabolical, rather I felt he was handles that way in do much as that every time I picked up an x book, inconsistently ill admit, he came across as somewhat despotic, authoritarian and a little megalomaniac

as for emma and magneto being his ream mares, that, for me only adds to this, as much as they might have been geared otherwise these are not heros, or good guys

Both are an to heros at best, and really are just villains in sheep's clothing

I know there's an element of them doing what's needed to survive but I've always felt they were just hiding their true characters
    The great thing about the Magneto.character is that he doesnt have to hide anything. He's the most famous and feared mutant in history.

Deadpool.....you asked.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I had no idea Cyclops actually even had a fan base.

He must be a lot different than when I stopped reading X-Men at 280 of Vol 1.
    that was like almost 30 years ago. A lot has changed

Mighty Member

just a few off the top of my head...

Captain Marvel: Carl used to be alright, but marvel's repeated attempts to put her "over" like WWE does with Roman Reigns have really rubbed me the wrong way. and that's coming from someone that's actually a Roman Reigns fan. It'll be hard for me to turn around her after Civil War 2 wit her pseudo dictatorship and child army sub plots.

Miles Morales: I don't necessarily hate Miles, I just find him redundant. I loved the idea of him being the second spiderman in a world where peter died...but now that he's in the 616 whats the point? It kind of ruins the entire point of him becoming spiderman. It doesn't help that because he was bendis' little pet he was the bestest greatest thing ever whenever he wrote him. Still, im excited to see what someone other than bendis will do with him.

RiRi: Basically the same thing as miles...only worse because she didn't even start off good like miles.

Amadeus Cho Hulk: He's a douche with none of the elements of what I think make a hulk character interesting.

Teen X-Men: Used to be one of my favorite teams, but they have worn out their welcome and I feel like the are just weighing the x-men down at this point.

Cyclops: He is a sanctimonious ******* and a hypocrite who thinks he knows best all the time. basically how everyone else in this thread feels about cap.

Squirrel Girl: She's alright as a niche joke character, and Im fine with her having her own little book, but when you start introducing her as a part of the extended universe I think her "unbeatable aspect" becomes less funny and more hokey and immersion breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Cyclops: He is a sanctimonious ******* and a hypocrite who thinks he knows best all the time. basically how everyone else in this thread feels about cap.
    Not everyone. I adore Cap and always will. Not too thrilled with Cyclops' fanbase though. Their behavior is worse than the character they stan.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So that is a greenlight to attack other fanbases? Including harassment, plotting to boycott books, chase folks out of stores, verbally abuse staff and so on?

It doesn't WORK and ends up hurting the harasser more.
    What?! Why on earth would you jump to my condoning harassment?! Especially when I said, in the same post of mine you quoted, that the Marvel numbers had fallen to mid 90's bankruptcy levels and that was the wake-up call. Just to be 100% clear, no one should ever harass anyone, ever. But voting with your dollars is a thing that people do when they are upset with how things are being written. People are tired of the events that pit superheroes against each other instead of super-villains and that fatigue is reflected in sales. For example, Secret Empire was the worst selling event since Fear Itself. The AvX event that the Cyclops fans on these boards can't seem to let go of even years after its release also did really, really poorly. So did Civil War 2 for that matter, though not as badly as Secret Empire. That's a pretty clear signal that fans are fed up!

Can't really hate characters they are after all what marvel want to sell you. The ones I feel indifferent about Hyperion, Sentinel mostly because they are superman ripoffs
    Inhumans... sometimes blow hot and then cold. X-men same thing, there's always too much going against them
    Squirrel girl, well I'm a SG fan and really enjoying her series but what I'm not a fan of is why they present her as comedic value when she has more than legit powers
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    He dared to oppose wolverine and the always do good fascist avengers and marvel attempted destruction of the X franchise. . . In the end the X franchise will live because Disney bought Fox and Cyclops carried on the X men during their darkest hours as they were in the verge of extinction and marvel was actively trying to destroy them
    This is assuming that the X-Men fans haven't completely alienated the MCU fans with their deplorable behavior towards the Avenger characters which are hugely popular in the MCU.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Squirrel Girl: She's alright as a niche joke character, and Im fine with her having her own little book, but when you start introducing her as a part of the extended universe I think her "unbeatable aspect" becomes less funny and more hokey and immersion breaking.
    And I think that's where the problem lies. Bad enough that her squirrels could chew through the metal of Doctor Doom's armor and that Iron Man needed her to get rescued. Then when you have her defeating Thanos off panel it gets beyond ridiculous. I don't hate her I just think that she has her place in the children's comics or anything outside of the MU continuity.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-15-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    What?! Why on earth would you jump to my condoning harassment?! Especially when I said, in the same post of mine you quoted, that the Marvel numbers had fallen to mid 90's bankruptcy levels and that was the wake-up call. Just to be 100% clear, no one should ever harass anyone, ever. But voting with your dollars is a thing that people do when they are upset with how things are being written. People are tired of the events that pit superheroes against each other instead of super-villains and that fatigue is reflected in sales. For example, Secret Empire was the worst selling event since Fear Itself. The AvX event that the Cyclops fans on these boards can't seem to let go of even years after its release also did really, really poorly. So did Civil War 2 for that matter, though not as badly as Secret Empire. That's a pretty clear signal that fans are fed up!
    Avenger vs xmen sold very well. Check the numbers at comichron.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    The great thing about the Magneto.character is that he doesnt have to hide anything. He's the most famous and feared mutant in history.
    He is a great villain

I'd say as mutants go only apocalypse has more threat value
    Last edited by kilderkin; 05-15-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

just a few off the top of my head...

Captain Marvel: Carl used to be alright, but marvel's repeated attempts to put her "over" like WWE does with Roman Reigns have really rubbed me the wrong way. and that's coming from someone that's actually a Roman Reigns fan. It'll be hard for me to turn around her after Civil War 2 wit her pseudo dictatorship and child army sub plots.

Miles Morales: I don't necessarily hate Miles, I just find him redundant. I loved the idea of him being the second spiderman in a world where peter died...but now that he's in the 616 whats the point? It kind of ruins the entire point of him becoming spiderman. It doesn't help that because he was bendis' little pet he was the bestest greatest thing ever whenever he wrote him. Still, im excited to see what someone other than bendis will do with him.

RiRi: Basically the same thing as miles...only worse because she didn't even start off good like miles.

Amadeus Cho Hulk: He's a douche with none of the elements of what I think make a hulk character interesting.

Teen X-Men: Used to be one of my favorite teams, but they have worn out their welcome and I feel like the are just weighing the x-men down at this point.

CW2 did a lot of characters no favours

Carol came off very badly imo, so much that I avoid books where she's a focus nowadays

I'm likely dropping avengers coz she's in it and jason Aaron's doing more thor in it

The 2 is 2 much for me to work through

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Avenger vs xmen sold very well. Check the numbers at comichron.
    Compared to say, Axis, sure, but overall? Not really...

Marvel-Event-Sales-Updated.jpg

Incredible Member

Sentry. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And I think that's where the problem lies. Bad enough that her squirrels could chew through the metal of Doctor Doom's armor and that Iron Man needed her to get rescued. Then when you have her defeating Thanos off panel it gets beyond ridiculous. I don't hate her I just think that she has her place in the children's comics or anything outside of the MU continuity.
    well there is a plausible reason how should she could have beaten thanos. You 1st see him holding a powerful articfact that absorbs life force so it's not beyond reason she took it from him and used it against him
    620630-customsig_115814_fs.gif.jpg
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme