Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Cyclops- Just a massive douche

Carol Danvers- She has just changed too much and honestly is kind of a horrible person now

Miles Morralas- Just didn't care for him

Riri Williams- Just not likeable in any way.

Deadpool- I don't hate him, its just they have went over the top with him. I cringe at his memes, and knew it was over it when a 15 year old kid at halloween tried to tell me who he was and why he was cool. I was like "Kid I was reading deadpool before you where born."

Most of the dupicate charecters. Miles, Spider Gwen, the multiple versions of wolverine, deadpool, fantastic four. Most of the avengers. Most of these charecters are lame knock offs. The rest are just boring. The f.f. are important just because.

BANNED

Usually I try to like the Avengers, but the fanbase of these characters is usually the most unbearable of the Marvel Universe.
    So do fans of Jean Grey, Storm, Wolverine and Captain America.

They are often very aggressive with Cyclops, Emma and their fanbase, especially when they try to defend characters who are the murderers, fascists and genocidal in the stories.

BANNED

Anyone that calls cyclops a murderer and himself has a huge death count or is fine working with other murderers... I think hypocrites characters in general
    Quentin Quire and wolverine when written by Jason Aaron, Beast, the inhumans royals
    I actually don't hate them, it's dumb to hate on fictional characters, I just don't wanna see them again, also add post De conick Carol danvers, and Wanda Maximoff, I remembered she existed after reading the thread, I just wanna keep pretending she never existed
    Last edited by wano; 05-13-2018 at 09:04 AM.

There is someone that I do dislike and that's Odin. I think he's a piece of ****. He was one before, but after Fear Itself it was set for then for me.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-13-2018 at 09:52 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Anyone that calls cyclops a murderer and himself has a huge death count or is fine working with other murderers... I think hypocrites characters in general
    Quentin Quire and wolverine when written by Jason Aaron, Beast, the inhumans royals
    I actually don't hate them, it's dumb to hate on fictional characters, I just don't wanna see them again, also add post De conick Carol danvers, and Wanda Maximoff, I remembered she existed after reading the thread, I just wanna keep pretending she never existed
    The same here.
    I don't hate the characters. Never the characters.
    But some I just don't want to see in any book I read, because I hate their hypocrisy:

Captain America
    Scarlet Witch
    Wolverine by Jason Aaron
    Beast
    The inhumans royals
    Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Usually I try to like the Avengers, but the fanbase of these characters is usually the most unbearable of the Marvel Universe.

They are often very aggressive with Cyclops, Emma and their fanbase, especially when they try to defend characters who are the murderers, fascists and genocidal in the stories.
    No, it’s the Cyclops fans who are aggressive. In the year I’ve been visiting this board I’ve not seen one Cap fan start a thread comparing the two in order to knock the other. Cyclops fans have done this multiple times. It’s so childish. It got so bad that I have vowed to never subscribe or read an X-Man title - which is not a decision I make lightly as I fear for the future of comics and want Marvel as a whole to succeed. I go out of my way to buy printed copies from a CBS for all my subscriptions for this reason.

I don’t care that some Cyclops fans seemingly hate Cap. I love Cap. And it’s very intolerant to the fans of a character and their preferences for anyone to go out on of their way to bash that character. And the funny thing? When I see my favorite character bashed I just love them that much more fiercely, so the bashing has the opposite effect of what the basher intended. The other irony that doesn’t escape me is that originally the X-Men were created to preach tolerance, and the fans are the least tolerant people I’ve met.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    No, it’s the Cyclops fans who are aggressive. In the year I’ve been visiting this board I’ve not seen one Cap fan start a thread comparing the two in order to knock the other. Cyclops fans have done this multiple times. It’s so childish. It got so bad that I have vowed to never subscribe or read an X-Man title - which is not a decision I make lightly as I fear for the future of comics and want Marvel as a whole to succeed. I go out of my way to buy printed copies from a CBS for all my subscriptions for this reason.

I don’t care that some Cyclops fans seemingly hate Cap. I love Cap. And it’s very intolerant to the fans of a character and their preferences for anyone to go out on of their way to bash that character. And the funny thing? When I see my favorite character bashed I just love them that much more fiercely, so the bashing has the opposite effect of what the basher intended. The other irony that doesn’t escape me is that originally the X-Men were created to preach tolerance, and the fans are the least tolerant people I’ve met.
    Yay, that's exactly how I feel about cap and I vowed to never buy an avengers book so we're even ... As for tolerance, I have little tolerance for hypocrites or fascists and cap is both... Then again thats limited to comic cap, for movie cap, I love that guy

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

To the bolded part. I really had a laugh. Honestly. I've never heard anything about Avengers fans acting that way. Usually I hear about the X Boards. Not saying there aren't bad Avengers fans.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Cap is neither of the things you suggest. I adamantly disagree with you and find the fervency in which X-Man fans hold a grudge against a fictional character distasteful. AvX was YEARS ago. Just thought you should be aware that you’re behavior is driving fans away from the books you support. And by the way, diplomacy is a thing.

Astonishing Member

Not hate but characters I used to love but no longer do because of how they've been handled

Spider-Man
    Deadpool
    Carol Danvers
    Wanda
    Rogue
    Cap

Ultimate Member

Cap is neither of the things you suggest. I adamantly disagree with you and find the fervency in which X-Man fans hold a grudge against a fictional character distasteful. AvX was YEARS ago. Just thought you should be aware that you’re behavior is driving fans away from the books you support. And by the way, diplomacy is a thing.
    My love of Storm and Cyclops both has been eroded a bit by the hateful stuff coming from their fans.

But I don't blame the characters for that.

BANNED

No, Cyclops and his fans are the most frequently attacked throughout the Marvel Universe.

And Cyclops fans have a good reason to hate Captain America and other characters (Beast, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Medusa and inhumans royals).

If your favorite character had been thrown under the bus to make other characters be the heroes of the day, then you would understand.

When I see my favorite character bashed I just love him that much more fiercely, so the bashing has the opposite effect of what the basher intended.
    Exactly.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And another case is something a character's color scheme.
    Ever wonder why the Charlotte Hornets (first version) and Oakland Raiders were tops in clothing sales? It wasn't that folks cared for the team-it was the color schemes that attracted them.

For comics it's costumes. Take Storm. If someone has never read her books-they know her iconic outfit. Same with Spider-Gwen, Aquaman & Static. And especially HARLEY & women of Black Panther.
    Well, there's no denying that optics help tremendously when it comes to marketing. After all, this is a visual medium. But there has to be some substance at some point. Take the Oakland Raiders for example. Sure, most of the younger generation doesn't get their appeal, but back in the day the Oakland Raiders were one of the most successful franchises in sports in terms of wins and losses. Wearing Silver and Black didn't help them win, nor will that save you in your average street brawl. But people see those colors and instantly identify with the brand and its badass reputation. In fact, quite a few sports franchises adopted the color black into their uniforms for the same reason. Perception. The funny part is that Al Davis, the legendary owner at the time, only chose the colors silver and black, because he was literally color blind.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    There is someone that I do dislike and that's Odin. I think he's a piece of ****. He was one before, but after Fear Itself it was set for then for me.
    Can't lie, had to laugh at this. Marvel's obsession with all things Norse makes Odin an easy target. Any day now I expect them to publish a comic establishing that he is the one true god and TOAA is just his butler.