Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. Bendis may have gotten the ball rolling but she could have been redeemed. Stuff like Children's Crusade, AvX and Uncanny Avengers failed to do that. Thats not all on Bendis. The ship has sailed on any sort of redemption arc for her now so yeah she's forever ruined. I really dont know what it would take for me to look at her the way I used to prior to M-Day
    They should had made her destroy one of the terrigen clouds and admite she screwed up during M day

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    The are bad husbands material. One is a beater while the other is a deadbeat.
    This is fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. Bendis may have gotten the ball rolling but she could have been redeemed. Stuff like Children's Crusade, AvX and Uncanny Avengers failed to do that. Thats not all on Bendis. The ship has sailed on any sort of redemption arc for her now so yeah she's forever ruined. I really dont know what it would take for me to look at her the way I used to prior to M-Day
    Bendis didn't just get the ball rolling. He was the wrecking ball and the building was Wanda's rep. Two of the stories tried to redeem Wanda (pin everything on Doom + help reverse M-Day) but the fanbase didn't accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    They should had made her destroy one of the terrigen clouds and admite she screwed up during M day
    Nah. They'd still hate her.

that defintiely would have gone a long way, especially since she's no longer a mutant, but would be sticking her neck out to help them when it didnt affect her either way if the cloud saturated the atmosphere or not

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Bendis didn't just get the ball rolling. He was the wrecking ball and the building was Wanda's rep. Two of the stories tried to redeem Wanda (pin everything on Doom + help reverse M-Day) but the fanbase didn't accept it.
    CC didnt set out to redeem Wanda. It tried to remove all culpability from her. Thats not redemption. AvX also didnt reverse M-Day. Wanda didnt pay or suffer a loss for what she did. Marvel had her in limbo for a while and then poorly executed her return.
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-14-2018 at 12:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Did Scott beat up a woman he knew wouldn't fight back?

Disclaimer: I didn't bring this up.
    Well, that's why I don't let M-Day, AvX, EXM, DoX and IvX go.

Most people don't let go of something that happened about 30 years ago with Scott and Hank Pym.

Carol Danvers: My very first look at her was Beating up Julia Carpenter in front of her daughter. And everything since then has only increased my Ire for her.

The Sentry: Oh look "Evil/Dickish Superman" knockoff #5987

Deadpool (when written badly): Because nothing is worse than humor that falls flat.

Wolverine: Overexposure can do that.

Reed Richards: Civil War ruined the Character for me. I'd go into more detail here but I wrote a Reason you suck speech to him on another forum so I'll just copy it here
    Reed Richards.

For a Scientist you're not really all that smart are you? Between Sending the Hulk to another planet, Leading Annihilus to our dimension, and releasing Abraxas, I'm surprised your PHD's haven't been revoked by whatever School gave you them. Before you say something along the lines of "I didn't know that would happen" It doesn't matter if you didn't know it would happen, IT HAPPENED!

The problem with you Reed is that you're so self assured in your own genius you forget that even someone as intelligent as you can't take EVERY factor into account. The prime example of this would be your reason for supporting the SHRA. Your Predictive model, I could go into detail of all the problems anybody with a functioning brain can see. How, as the Thinker pointed out, it doesn't take the actions of individuals into account. How changes in social structure and public opinion can be and frequently are sudden and unexpected. How predicting the future is pointless when time travel is possible and you could just pop into the future, check Wikipedia and see how events unfold. How arguably Even Math as a concept has no meaning in a universe where the very laws of physics can be altered by the whim of any number of god-like entities in it.

However instead I'll just point this out. If your calculations where as trustworthy as you believe them to be, You wouldn't be a living Stretch Armstrong, Sue wouldn't wouldn't have nearly died due to cosmic radiation induced Pregnancy complications, Johnny wouldn't be a human matchstick, and your best friend wouldn't be stuck as a rock monster.
    Norman Osborn: Overused. Overdone. And after everything he's done I'm surprised that he hasn't been given the death penalty yet.

Medusa: "The cloud isn't worth one Mutant life" LADY YOU WERE IN A CAMP WERE VICTIMS OF M-POX WERE DYING ALL AROUND YOU!

Black Panther
    Carol Danvers
    Ms Marvel
    Hulk
    Iceman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The mind control rape thing was part of it since the beginning, wtf are you on?...
    But in terms of the the story was only revealed after, I think.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I think at time hank pym wasn't the best image of mental sanity and he admitted he screwed up and sent himself to jail
    no. no he didn't! he did not send himself to jail for beating up his ex-wife. Egghead tricked him into breaking into a government building. he was caught and sent to prison. afterwards, Clint Barton gave him a spot on the West Coast Avengers as if nothing had happened. if he was insane, he shouldn't have been allowed to continue on as a superhero. it would make him a danger to the public; especially because he refuses treatment for his "illness" (see: Avengers A.I.).

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Well, that's why I don't let M-Day, AvX, EXM, DoX and IvX go.

Most people don't let go of something that happened about 30 years ago with Scott and Hank Pym.
    I don't get why you're even comparing the two. Scott was a decent man despite having a literal horror story of an upbringing. he ran out on his wife and kid. that was repugnant. but he made up for it by raising Nate in the future. he couldn't have known that Madelyne was some kind of Mr.Sinister scheme to further manipulate him. Scott takes accountability for his screw-ups. and I'm not asking anyone to let of anything. please just stop making Hank Pym out to be a victim. Janet's the one who got hurt. Pym created his own problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    The are bad husbands material. One is a beater while the other is a deadbeat.
    deadbeat implies that he wasn't paying for Nate's upbringing. he and Jean raised Nate in the future. but yeah Scott was a bad husband. I'm not going to defend him on that.

Personally I don't see a point to holding grudges against fictional characters that change more hands than any other genre of fiction.

To give an example, I counted once, the Captain America solo title has had over 50 different writers in the 77 years Cap has been around as a character. This is just the solo book, not counting any time Steve has been in the Avengers or featured in events or a part of the Invaders. Didn't like him in AvX? Well, that doesn't negate the amazing work from the likes of Kirby, Englehart, Stern, Gruenwald, or Waid.

Moreover, just because a character, like Cyclops from the sound of it, has had a slew of bad writers in recent years, doesn't mean the character can't get an awesome rebirth. The Cap title went through a decade of the Mace and Burnside years, which ultimately resulted in the title being cancelled until Lee and Kirby decided to bring Steve back in the 60's and interest in the character got renewed. Starlin brought Warlock back. The Eternals went through a very long lull until Neil Gaiman revisited them a decade or so ago. So honestly just because Cyclops has had a bad run of things lately doesn't mean he's destined to stay that way forevermore. Same with Hank. You know what would help in these characters getting huge comebacks? Fans letting things go.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    You know what would help in these characters getting huge comebacks? Fans letting things go.
    I don't know, complaining seemed to work for Hal Jordan fans .

Speaking seriously, althougth i think that getting on fights with other fanbases and hating on fictional characthers is pointless, i can understand about being pissed when your fav has been written like crap for years, is never an easy or pretty thing to see. Not that i justified their actions or condone then, but when you see something happening for a long time with not sign of changing anytime soon is difficult to let things go when it come to your favorites, it doesn't help when you see missinformation about the characthers being spread around like they were facts, something that i had seen more and more over the years sadly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    no. no he didn't! he did not send himself to jail for beating up his ex-wife. Egghead tricked him into breaking into a government building. he was caught and sent to prison. afterwards, Clint Barton gave him a spot on the West Coast Avengers as if nothing had happened. if he was insane, he shouldn't have been allowed to continue on as a superhero. it would make him a danger to the public; especially because he refuses treatment for his "illness" (see: Avengers A.I.).
    Murderers, genocidal and fascists shouldn't have been allowed to continue on as superheroes, don't you think?

Murderers, genocidal and fascists shouldn't have been allowed to continue on as superheroes, don't you think?
    You realize you're arguing against your favorite character now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't know, complaining seemed to work for Hal Jordan fans .

Speaking seriously, althougth i think that getting on fights with other fanbases and hating on fictional characthers is pointless, i can understand about being pissed when your fav has been written like crap for years, is never an easy or pretty thing to see. Not that i justified their actions or condone then, but when you see something happening for a long time with not sign of changing anytime soon is difficult to let things go when it come to your favorites, it doesn't help when you see missinformation about the characthers being spread around like they were facts, something that i had seen more and more over the years sadly.
    I see hating on other characters as a defensive mechanism to another character being mistreated an exercise of shooting yourself in the foot. Because you're alienating the fans of the character you're maligning. I read AvX. I went into it as a Cap fan. I was actually pretty lukewarm about it. It didn't dawn on me, after reading it, to hold things against the characters, I just saw it as another rather lame example of Marvel's tired and incessant need to pit heroes against each other. It didn't dawn on me, after reading it, to hate anybody. Until I came here. And seeing Cyclops fans attack Steve got my hackles raised. It was only then that I became resentful.

But normally, had their arguments just been, 'please bring Cyclops back and do it in a great and flattering way', without bringing Steve into it at all, I would have been totally supportive! I like seeing people enthusiastic about comics. Though Steve is my favorite character, I support comics as a medium. It frightens me that sales and interest are starting to mirror the late 90's, when Marvel went bankrupt.

I guess what I'm trying to say is be pissed all you want, but don't hold it against fictional characters with no agency. Who you blame it on is writers/editors. There are constructive ways of doing things and there are nonconstructive ways of doing things. Constructive would be getting people on-board for your cause. Nonconstructive is alienating part of the Marvel community through misplaced anger at something they love.