Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Well, I'm not saying anything, I read the issues and Clint did stand by Hank. He was mad that no one was lifting a finger to help Hank out while he was in jail.

And obsessing over a comic book character for 25 years until one can write them and roll them in the dirt is ... slightly disturbing, to say the least.

All his behavior prior to the slap was textbook example of someone slipping into a manic state. I have a friend who's a psychologist (and a HUGE Wasp fan) and she told me it was there, plain to see. Now I'm not an expert, but from what I read, his behavior seemed typical, and he has been written that way for decades, alternating between hyped-Pym and depressed-Pym, with longer stable episodes in between. I personally thought it was brilliant on Humphries' part to acknowledge that. Besides, Hank has often been described as having psychological issues. Humphries just put a name to it.

Wow... I can't even... I think I'll just ignore this...

And you'll have to show me (or tell me) when he said that wasn't "that bad" because from memory, I've always read him saying this was the worst thing he ever did.

Maybe it does fit my narrative, but it also fitted the narrative of the writers. WCA doesn't contradict the YJ fall, since it was a story about a broken man rising up and taking back control of his life.
    i'll agree to disagree. no one is changing my mind. It's not an accident that I wasn't the one to bring Henry Pym up in this thread. I didn't want to talk about him or start anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    I meant in universe.

Also, Cyclops is a hero, not an anti hero.

Punisher is an antihero, Magneto is an antihero. Cyclops is not in that mold.

Read AvX: Consequences for a small but great sample of who Cyclops is. Great aftermath POV.
    Whilst Cyclops has never been my favourite xman I think the way he's been written over the last decade or so has been diabolical

it's almost like they wanted a new x villain coz they turned magneto and emma good (ish)

shocking treatment imo

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Whilst Cyclops has never been my favourite xman I think the way he's been written over the last decade or so has been diabolical

it's almost like they wanted a new x villain coz they turned magneto and emma good (ish)

shocking treatment imo
    ...but Magneto and Emma were his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post

shocking treatment imo
    What did Cyclops do that was diabolical? Outside of AvX, how was he a villian? Also how was he any worse than Emma or Magneto? They've been his closest allies

Astonishing Member

I don't "hate" fictional characters, that's too strong a word. But there are some heroes who I actively avoid because I find them annoying or poorly written. Mostly a combination of both...

Deadpool- I find 4th wall breaking weird and seeing as that's his main shtick I never clicked with him. Plus I find him unfunny and way too forced, which I guess is the point. Avoid basically every comic he's in unless I absolutely have to.

Fantastic Four- Find them painfully outdated and lame, who are really pushed by Marvel only because they're "the First Family" rather than their actual modern importance. They've introduced some great concepts, many of which are the foundation of Marvel itself, but I could never get into their individual comic because of a weak aesthetic and bad character interactions like Reed being emotionally distant with Sue and Johnny never growing up. I don't avoid everything they're in, but I'm ready to cringe or roll my eyes whenever they're set to appear in something.

Fantomex and Quentin- Absolute garbage characters who have been relentlessly pushed in the X-Men and portrayed as things they're not meant to be (villains).

Honorable mention(s): Squirrel Girl, Star Lord (especially the MCU version), Sentry, Punisher

Clint Barton turned on his wife for letting a villain die. you telling me that Clint, whose abusive dad beat he and his mother, wouldn't have had a strong reaction to Hank hitting Jan?
    You make it sound like he was regularly abusing her. He hit her once while in full on super-villain mode. Then he attacked the rest of the team with a killer robot to try to prove himself.

At one point or another, most Avengers have hit one or more of their teammates. Heck, Hawkeye came to blows with his various teamates on numerous occasions. He even had a special armor made once so he could get in a fist fight with U.S. Agent because he hated the guy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What did Cyclops do that was diabolical? Outside of AvX, how was he a villian? Also how was he any worse than Emma or Magneto? They've been his closest allies
    He dared to oppose wolverine and the always do good fascist avengers and marvel attempted destruction of the X franchise. . . In the end the X franchise will live because Disney bought Fox and Cyclops carried on the X men during their darkest hours as they were in the verge of extinction and marvel was actively trying to destroy them

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You make it sound like he was regularly abusing her. He hit her once while in full on super-villain mode.
    he verbally abused her several times. the hit was when she decided to kick him to the curb. how many times is ok to hit someone you care for?

Then he attacked the rest of the team with a killer robot to try to prove himself.
    so he's a double *******. good point.

At one point or another, most Avengers have hit one or more of their teammates. Heck, Hawkeye came to blows with his various teamates on numerous occasions. He even had a special armor made once so he could get in a fist fight with U.S. Agent because he hated the guy.
    Clint and John had a fight. Clint was the aggressor and should have been thrown out on his rear. Jan was abused. there was no fight between she and Hank. he hit her because he considered her to be his property. he knew that she wouldn't fight back. Hank is a coward. if there were any justice, Firebird would have been late. you should have let the subject drop. I wrote very plainly that I would agree to disagree.

Spectacular Member

I dislike/hate:
    Deadpool (over saturated)
    Most of the X-Men created post Chris Claremont
    Blade
    Ghost Rider (all of them)
    The Superme Power Nighthawk
    Carol Danvers post Civil War II
    Baron Zemo
    The Red Skull
    Madcap

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Ultron, Dr. Doom and Thanos. I don't hate them, I just don't want to see them in any more events.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didn't say he'd done anything diabolical, rather I felt he was handles that way in do much as that every time I picked up an x book, inconsistently ill admit, he came across as somewhat despotic, authoritarian and a little megalomaniac

as for emma and magneto being his ream mares, that, for me only adds to this, as much as they might have been geared otherwise these are not heros, or good guys

Both are an to heros at best, and really are just villains in sheep's clothing

I know there's an element of them doing what's needed to survive but I've always felt they were just hiding their true characters

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    ...but Magneto and Emma were his teammates.
    I know but I try not to hold that too much against him, no sarcasm meant

Extraordinary Member

I had no idea Cyclops actually even had a fan base.

He must be a lot different than when I stopped reading X-Men at 280 of Vol 1.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Gambit.

Because he's a pretentious dick.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

he verbally abused her several times. the hit was when she decided to kick him to the curb. how many times is ok to hit someone you care for?
    Jan was abused. there was no fight between she and Hank. he hit her because he considered her to be his property. he knew that she wouldn't fight back.
    Either you're making things up, or we read every different comics.

You're not talking about the Ultimate stuff are you?