Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Piotr's not a pedophile. but his relationship with Kitty Pryde is gross. she's one of the reasons that he's not more popular as a marvel strong guy. well that and him being really slow in the 90s X-Men arcade game.
    Marvel has had many opportunities over the years to really push Colossus, in animation, and in film and really dropped the ball. I swear part of it has to be with trying to relate a young man who is at heart a Siberian farmer with the American public. I'm not a HUGE fan but lets face it, he's at this point an iconic member of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Marvel has had many opportunities over the years to really push Colossus, in animation, and in film and really dropped the ball. I swear part of it has to be with trying to relate a young man who is at heart a Siberian farmer with the American public. I'm not a HUGE fan but lets face it, he's at this point an iconic member of the team.
    that's what I'm saying. he's an iconic x-man. but he's meaningless outside of that bubble. this was a guy who went toe-to-toe with Juggernaut. I just thought he'd have more of a rep by now.

The problem with Colossus getting a rep is two-fold: (1)Marvel has already picked its iconic strongman, and his name is Hulk. That regulates any other contender to Not-Hulk status, and basically gives Piotr the Martian Manhunter problem. (2) Wolverine is the most popular X-Man, so even within the X-Men bubble, Colossus will often be the guy whose defeat proves that this is a job for Wolverine. Those are two colossal problems to overcome, overcoming both just aint happening.

Sam Alexander from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, most of the characthers in that series were either bland or annoying, he managed to be both (admitedly, i only wacthed the first season).

It kind of surprises me that Colossus has never gotten much love in the cartoons, at least as far as actually joining the X-Men.

I mean, he was in Pryde of the X-Men and Amazing Friends (I think), but he was a guest star in the 90's cartoon, an unwilling bad guy in Evolution, and a cameo at best in Wolverine and the X-Men (although he would've finally rejoined the team in season 2).

The movies weren't much better until Deadpool, but even then he's a pretty goofy character (albeit in an endearing way).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Sam Alexander from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, most of the characthers in that series were either bland or annoying, he managed to be both (admitedly, i only wacthed the first season).
    Man, that version of Sam really turned me off from the character until I got to read him in the comics. That show just got him so wrong.

I was glad the Guardians cartoon was able to finally do him some justice as a character.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Not sure if I'd say I hate him, but Punisher is the one character I try to avoid at all costs because he really irks me. I think the whole concept of this character is deeply flawed and it keeps me from taking him seriously or caring about his journey. The way that I see it, he's become what he hates the most. He's always hellbent on chasing criminals in the most dangerous ways, and that is the kind of thing that endanger innocent people by putting them in the middle of the crossfire, which is what happened to his family and motivated him to begin his journey in the first place. Basically, his entire shtick is contradictory and it doesn't seem like the character will ever evolve from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that's what I'm saying. he's an iconic x-man. but he's meaningless outside of that bubble. this was a guy who went toe-to-toe with Juggernaut. I just thought he'd have more of a rep by now.
    I like Piotr, I really do but he doesnt have much personality and can come across rather boring. He's fine as a supporting player within the team but anytime they try and do a Colossus centric story, it doesnt work for me. Had he not been part of the ANAD team, I dont think he would have taken off

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Cyclops: He is a sanctimonious asshole and a hypocrite who thinks he knows best all the time. basically how everyone else in this thread feels about cap.
    Is Cyclops a hypocrite? Oh really?
    Did you ever read:
    - Avengers/Thunderbolts
    - Civil War
    - Avengers: The Children's Crusade
    - AvX
    - Secret Empire

Man, Captain America is the Mister Hypocrisy.

All Marvel characters are constantly thrown under the bus so that the Saint Captain America play the Marvel's Jesus Christ.

Tony Stark
    Moonstone, Songbird, Clint Barton and the Thunderbolts
    Cyclops

These are just some victims of the Captain Fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Did you ever read:
    - Avengers/Thunderbolts
    - Civil War
    - AvX
    - Secret Empire

All Marvel characters are constantly thrown under the bus so that the Saint Captain America play the Marvel's Jesus Christ.

Tony Stark
    Cyclops

Cyclops and Captain America have the same issue.The fans and the writers (especially the writers) see them not as unique characters in their own right but as a stand in for every authority figure that ever did anything that made them angry. Superman has the same problem over at DC.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I just wanted to o know about the characters you hate and why. For me it is the inhumans. I just really hated reading the fantastic four issues with them. The stories just seemed to drag on and I got so sick of that love story with her and the torch. And mad Max trying to take over every two minutes. It just got really old really fast.

So who do you hate?
    I'm not really into comics enough to "hate" many characters (as opposed to finding many of them uninteresting), but...

Wolverine. I was 15 once and loved Wolverine like everyone other 15 year old boy. The older I got, the less I liked him. Now I see him as a hypocritical little pseudo-rebel manlet who never did anything truly controversial in his entire life.

Or that could be, just, y'know, my opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC
    Steve Rogers. Absolutely loathe this character because the writers clearly love him so much. Whenever he shows up, almost all of the characters fawn on him like just being in his presence is the most wonderful experience ever. And if someone dares to disagree with him, the rest of the story will be about how that person is evil, an idiot, or an evil idiot. It's gotten to the point that I literally dread any comic I hear will have him in it.
    I know we're in the Marvel forum but for me, Kal-El the foreign God sucks up all the oxygen in the room you're describing. One of the things I like a lot about Cap is the humanistic aspect. Sure he's an umbermensch like all superheroes, but he's at the far left end of that bell curve.

But yeah, Marvel overdoes the Cap mystique.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Did you ever read:
    - Avengers/Thunderbolts
    - Civil War
    - AvX
    - Secret Empire

Tony Stark
    Cyclops

I loved the part where Captain America is a fascist, and not, say, a total progtard, like every other mainstream corporate comics superhero.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I don't hate any character, but I do find some uninteresting. Like Beast and Mockingbird for instance.
    Beast is has been suffering from miscasting since his creation. He doesn't belong on a super-team, he belongs in his own lone wolf anti-hero title. Really I'm talking about a re-imagining of the Beast design as a totally different character (Hank McCoy's personality isn't the first I'd choose, though "geneticist turned into a superhuman beast by his own experiments" is a pretty good hook), fighting crime, on the run from the law, persecuted by society, trying to find a cure and not Hulk out, etc.

Astonishing Member

Longshot.
    Daken.
    Doctor Druid.
    Gilgamesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not sure if I'd say I hate him, but Punisher is the one character I try to avoid at all costs because he really irks me. I think the whole concept of this character is deeply flawed and it keeps me from taking him seriously or caring about his journey. The way that I see it, he's become what he hates the most. He's always hellbent on chasing criminals in the most dangerous ways, and that is the kind of thing that endanger innocent people by putting them in the middle of the crossfire, which is what happened to his family and motivated him to begin his journey in the first place. Basically, his entire shtick is contradictory and it doesn't seem like the character will ever evolve from it.
    I agree. He just never really clicked with me. Giving him three titles in the 90's didn't really helped much as they had him fighting the same kinds of criminals and the whole thing in which he believed that Nick Fury killed his family was ridiculous. You hit the nail right in the head that he became what he hates. It's pretty much more of the same with him.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Seriously? The guy who had a 13-14 year old pining away for him in a group home, when he was 18, specifically DIDN'T sleep with her, and then broke up with her? And got chastised by Kurt and Logan for not doing right by her? Seriously?
    I honestly don't know what books these "Piotr is a paedophile" pushers read.