Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I wouldn't go as far as saying i hate them, but i really have hard time understanding why Ms Marvel, Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl can have ongoings that last 50+ issues while most books i enjoy get cancelled within the first year...

Sersi
    Starbrand
    Night Mask
    Ex Nihilo and Abyss

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't say hate, but I feel really uncomfortable with the handling of Jane Foster.
    Aaron is like "Here is Jane Foster, surrender your name and title now or die in disgrace." Thor got the disgrace, Brunnhilde got the death.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-29-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Valeria Richards. Just can't seem to like her.
    The Sentry because he was shoe-horned in continuity.
    Jessica Jones because she was shoe-horned in continuity.

Spectacular Member

squirrel girl (i just don't get the point)
    i wouldn't say I hate Punisher but he feels disconnected from the rest of marvel jumping around with his bullets flying next to spider man
    Triathlon (wow he was just absolutely terrible)

Mephisto
    Captain Marvel (Thank Civil War 2)
    Jane FosThor (as I call her because of what happened to Odinson in the interim)
    The Inhumans (Thank the Inhumans Push)
    And I wouldnt say hate but I'm uncomfortable with Steve Rogers ever since Secret Empire and its a Shame because I loved Captain America until Spencer
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) all my reasons are tied to Mar-vell and Genis in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Can you provide me an example good sir?

An example of Steve or the avengers showing up and attacking the mutants? Acting hypocritical?
    Besides AvX since Cyclops was the one at fault. Risking the entire planet on a “maybe 50/50 plan” obvy Avengers will interfere because that’s what they do. Protect the planet.
    Well...

Genosha. 16 million dead, not one Avenger lifts a finger to help.
    AvX: The Avengers were 110% at fault. Wolverine blatantly lied to Cap about the Phoenix, forcing Cap to bring an army to Utopia to demand to arrest a mutant that had done nothing wrong, and taking her away from two of the four leading Phoenix experts on the planet (Scott and Emma). Then Iron Man shoots the Phoenix with a death ray, breaking it apart. Then after Scott and company bring food, energy, and water to the entire planet, the Avengers are ordered by the president to continue to attack them, despite the protests of three of the smartest people on the planet (Henry McCoy, T'Challa, Reed Richards). And only after the Avengers attack Utopia again, punch innocent children out cold, and kidnap Hope do the Phoenix Five retaliate.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I can't think of any characters I actually hate or dislike. I hate certain story types. As always, just my subjective opinions. Here they are, with a few Marvel examples thrown in:

"Hero the world magically forgot" origin - Sentry
    "Mentally unwell Superman analog" - Only when poorly written, Sentry again
    Stories that jettison decades worth of character growth - Emma lately, Magneto at times
    Deconstruction of characters that have historically been flawed but very worthy of being a fictional role model. Also, character assassination stories on said characters. - Professor X, Steve Rogers at times.
    Characters who are suddenly hypocritical - Steve Rogers at times. Rogue during the I hate Wanda phase. If anyone should understand out of control powers and not being completely in your right mind, it is Rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well...

Genosha. 16 million dead, not one Avenger lifts a finger to help.
    AvX: The Avengers were 110% at fault. Wolverine blatantly lied to Cap about the Phoenix, forcing Cap to bring an army to Utopia to demand to arrest a mutant that had done nothing wrong, and taking her away from two of the four leading Phoenix experts on the planet (Scott and Emma). Then Iron Man shoots the Phoenix with a death ray, breaking it apart. Then after Scott and company bring food, energy, and water to the entire planet, the Avengers are ordered by the president to continue to attack them, despite the protests of three of the smartest people on the planet (Henry McCoy, T'Challa, Reed Richards). And only after the Avengers attack Utopia again, punch innocent children out cold, and kidnap Hope do the Phoenix Five retaliate.
    Genosha :- From my understanding the Genosha incident was meant to be solely an X-Men storyline and bringing in the Avengers would make it a crossover event which was not the plan. But even if I played the devils advocate here; I still don’t see how it makes Steve or the Avengers hypocrites.

AvX:- I don’t think Wolverine intentionally lied to Cap, he merely warned him. I don’t think he was exaggerating either. We are talking about the Phoenix Force. The avengers/the world should treat it as a dangerous threat and take extreme measures to stop it.
    Cyclops was straight up abusing Hope and forcing her to inhabit the PF. Straight up abuse. Tf?
    I also just wanna make a disclaimer, I love Scott and Emma. I like them as characters but I do admit, lowkey- Cyclops sanity is in question.
    1. He created an underground assassins group
    2. He was straight up abusive to his granddaughter
    3. Under his rule, Wakanda was flooded
    4. He killed Professor X
    5. Emma was displaying a tiny bit of dictatorship in Utopia.

The avengers didn’t mean harm, they were trying to take Hope for protection and NOT to judge her or execute her. Didn’t Steve have a fight with Logan because of it?

Steve was acting like the hero he is. Trying his best to save the little girl from inhabiting a force that is too damn powerful and has a history of destruction.

Maybe you can criticise his plan but to call him hypocrite and facist? I think that’s some Mr Fantastic stretch because he was doing the exact opposite.

I find something I like about most characters. Not a huge fan of love interests, though.
    MJ could be way more interesting than she is, as it stands it feels as though her only selling point is being Spider-Man's wife. Like Iris West-Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I find something I like about most characters. Not a huge fan of love interests, though.
    MJ could be way more interesting than she is, as it stands it feels as though her only selling point is being Spider-Man's wife. Like Iris West-Allen.

MJ will always be SpiderMans wife! Don’t burst my bubble.

Well, there is no chance of them ever breaking up but there has to be something more out there for her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Well, there is no chance of them ever breaking up but there has to be something more out there for her.
    I am all for exploring new ideas with MJ but she should remain as Spideys wife.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Genosha :- From my understanding the Genosha incident was meant to be solely an X-Men storyline and bringing in the Avengers would make it a crossover event which was not the plan. But even if I played the devils advocate here; I still don’t see how it makes Steve or the Avengers hypocrites.

AvX:- I don’t think Wolverine intentionally lied to Cap, he merely warned him. I don’t think he was exaggerating either. We are talking about the Phoenix Force. The avengers/the world should treat it as a dangerous threat and take extreme measures to stop it.
    Cyclops was straight up abusing Hope and forcing her to inhabit the PF. Straight up abuse. Tf?
    I also just wanna make a disclaimer, I love Scott and Emma. I like them as characters but I do admit, lowkey- Cyclops sanity is in question.
    1. He created an underground assassins group
    2. He was straight up abusive to his granddaughter
    3. Under his rule, Wakanda was flooded
    4. He killed Professor X
    5. Emma was displaying a tiny bit of dictatorship in Utopia.

The avengers didn’t mean harm, they were trying to take Hope for protection and NOT to judge her or execute her. Didn’t Steve have a fight with Logan because of it?

Steve was acting like the hero he is. Trying his best to save the little girl from inhabiting a force that is too damn powerful and has a history of destruction.

Maybe you can criticise his plan but to call him hypocrite and facist? I think that’s some Mr Fantastic stretch because he was doing the exact opposite.
    Wolverine told Cap 2 things: 1) The Phoenix Force was a force of death and destruction with zero other redeeming qualities. Considering he fought alongside Jean during the original Phoenix saga, and was present during the Morrison run makes this a lie. 2) Scott only wanted to risk the Phoenix to bring Jean back to life. That's as blatant as it gets.

1) Cyclops wasn't forcing Hope to do anything. The bird was coming for her, and everyone knew it. He was training her to host it, zero wrong with that. His training was strict, but that's Scott.
    2) The creation of X-Force was to save the remaining 200 mutants, something Wolverine agreed with. The Purifiers, FOH and Reavers needed to be eliminated or every mutant was dead.
    3) Namor went off and did his own thing, something Scott completely disagreed with him on.
    4) The Phoenix killed Xavier. Scott was clearly no longer in control of his actions, unless you want to argue Jean murdered over a billion people of her own free will, and therefore the Avengers are working with someone who has killed more living sentient beings than Hitler, Stalin, Doom, and Pol Pot combined.
    5) Emma going crazy under the Phoenix isn't shocking.

It didn't matter what Steve thought he was doing. He was a US Government force attacking Utopia for the purpose of arresting an innocent mutant. Something the X-Men have dealt with literally their entire existence. He didn't come to talk or "help". He came with an army to arrest the girl and takedown anyone who disagreed. That is a complete facist move. The Avengers had literally zero experience ever dealing with the Phoenix, hence why they went to someone with a pathological hatred and grudge against it. Scott had been dealing with the Phoenix for almost a decade by that point. There is no other way to spin it. The Avengers were completely and totally wrong from the word go.