Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    No, Cyclops and his fans are the most frequently attacked throughout the Marvel Universe.
    I have seen zero evidence of that, only the opposite, as in Cyclops fans attacking other characters.

And AvX was years ago. One run does not define a character. Let it go.

No, Cyclops and his fans are the most frequently attacked throughout the Marvel Universe.
    Just because the comic is about being persecuted doesn't mean you need to look for people persecuting you too.

Lay off on the "Captain Fascism" crap, accept the story is over, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I have seen zero evidence of that, only the opposite, as in Cyclops fans attacking other characters.

Preach.

I'm not even a huge Cap fan, character Vs character I might actually prefer Cyclops but his fanbase is overall pretty awful.
    I think the funniest part about that is that I actually liked Cyke's antihero role in AvX and his struggle to cope with the increasing insanity that made him kill Charles in the end.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I also haven't seen these "attacks" against Cyclops and his fanbase.

If anything I think the character who may get it the worst is Carol Danvers since her promotion to Captain Marvel.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

I repeat, Cyclops is the most massacred character in the comics. And his fans are constantly insulted. We just react to the constant insults.

It's impossible to forget AvX, since Scott was completely destroyed in that event, and continued to bleed, for another four years, until he was killed off-panel, called a Hitler for more than two years... and all to make Captain America, Wolverine, Avengers and Inhumans "smile at the camera".
    So,
    What if this happened to your favorite character? And if his insides were completely sucked out to make other character "the hero of the day", and after six years still being treated like pariah, being brutally attacked and hated for it...
    What would you do?

And then, after being killed off-panel, called a Hitler for two years, without his fans knowing what he had done... finally, all secrets were to be revealed then: he had done nothing, and the purpose of all this was to make the Inhumans be the heroes of the day...

What would you do?
    Cheers.

BANNED

Yeah about that, all of cyclops characterization has been tainted by his actions during AvX until the day of his death, so it's pretty hard to let go. It's not like Secret empire where captain america got away with it and it'll be quickly swiped under the rug by the next avengers run, AvX tore cyclops apart and he never recovered, hell that extended to the X-men line as whole. Then tehy double on that to promote the inhumans and as of the today the inhumans are officially cancelled and Cyclops wouldn't smile from his grave because he doesn't harbor resentment for those that hurt him, just accepted his role a sacrificial lamb and died with a smile

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I also haven't seen these "attacks" against Cyclops and his fanbase.

If anything I think the character who may get it the worst is Carol Danvers since her promotion to Captain Marvel.
    It's marvel as a company attacking Cyclops left and right, calling him hitler, a nazi and a villain (yeah the editors and writer promoting that narrative in the books and interviews) and having every character saying he's the worst of the worst while killers like deadpool, namor and logan get away with every murder spree the pull, or doom can be called a good guy because he's too cool to waste as a villain
    Last edited by wano; 05-13-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I repeat, Cyclops is the most massacred character in the comics. And his fans are constantly insulted. We just react to the constant insults.

It's impossible to forget AvX, since Scott was completely destroyed in that event, and continued to bleed, for another four years, until he was killed off-panel, called a Hitler for more than two years... and all to make Captain America, Wolverine, Avengers and Inhumans "smile at the camera".
    So,
    What if this happened to your favorite character? And if his insides were completely sucked out to make other character "the hero of the day", and after six years still being treated like pariah, being brutally attacked and hated for it...
    What would you do?

And then, after being killed off-panel, called a Hitler for two years, without his fans knowing what he had done... finally, all secrets were to be revealed then: he had done nothing, and the purpose of all this was to make the Inhumans be the heroes of the day...

What would you do?
    Cheers.
    I would say I didn't like the storyline and move on, but maybe that's just me.

Do you remember when Spider-man tried to commit genocide and replace the world with clones? Remember Ironman being a traitor, murderer, and then killed and replaced by his younger self? Remember red Hulk? U.S. Agent? Dan Ketch? The Odinson? Classic Nick Fury? Eddie Brock? The New Warriors?

This thread is so sad...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Do you remember when Spider-man tried to commit genocide and replace the world with clones? Remember Ironman being a traitor, murderer, and then killed and replaced by his younger self? Remember red Hulk? U.S. Agent? Dan Ketch? The Odinson? Classic Nick Fury? Eddie Brock? The New Warriors?
    I remember by the next issue everything was fine and everyone was forgiven:
    -teen tony got erased from existence and adult tony became the good guy again and everything was forgiven
    -spiderman was retconnned as being the good guy always, and the clone saga lasted a year
    -Eddie brock is venom again, one and only
    -The new warriors and specially speedball went through a very long redemption arc and were ultimately considered heroes
    Point is that those were period on the characters and they were eventually returned to their greatness or acceptance and their "evil deeds" ret goned, Cyke was shafted unceremoniously off screen and called a villain a nazi

Thanks for reminding me cbr! I loathe Ultimate Nullifier from the Vengeance series. Talk about a Mary Sue. At least Chavez got some further development.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Thanks for reminding me cbr! I loathe Ultimate Nullifier from the Vengeance series. Talk about a Mary Sue. At least Chavez got some further development.
    at least he's never seen again

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

And they were easily redeemed, the whole mess was swept under the rug.

Even Clint Barton, who murdered a suicide man with depression... well, he was fully acquitted.

In fact, according to Marvel, Bruce Banner is guilty of having been murdered.
    All characters gets a free pass, no matter what they do. The only exception is Scott Summers, that has been thrown under the bus since 2011, which even continued after his death.

And only Scott is constantly insulted by something that happened 30 years ago.

Dude, like I said before, I don't hate any character. But Marvel's been torturing Scott's fans for too long. It's been seven years now, and counting.
    And still the fanbase are the focus of constant insults.

Well, thanks for the chat.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    at least he's never seen again
    He appeared in the last young avengers series

Incredible Member

Gwenpool. Just gwenpool.....

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Moondragon, for being allowed to be portrayed as a hero despite being a rapist.