Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Am I the only one who feels threads like this are created just to see how much drama can be caused?

I don't think there are characters I truly hate-hate.

I can be annoyed at some though, moreso because of the way they have been written. A very, very few are annoying me just because of their existence (RiRi. Moon Girl... sorry), some are annoying to me because of their fanbase more than the character itself. I spent some good amount of time disliking Black Widow simply because of her rabid fans on Tumblr pooping on the Ant-Man movie and demanding a BW movie instead because "Ant-Man is lame and nobody cares"... Havok, I have to admit I can't stand, for very illogical and petty reasons Legacy characters, the ones that have been popping up the last five years or so, annoy me to the point of avoiding them as much as I can.

But hate is a too strong word for fictional characters, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    And they were easily redeemed, the whole mess was swept under the rug.

Even Clint Barton, who murdered a suicide man with depression... well, he was fully acquitted.

In fact, according to Marvel, Bruce Banner is guilty of having been murdered.
    All characters gets a free pass, no matter what they do. The only exception is Scott Summers, that has been thrown under the bus since 2011, which even continued after his death.

And only Scott is constantly insulted by something that happened 30 years ago.

Dude, like I said before, I don't hate any character. But Marvel's been torturing Scott's fans for too long. It's been seven years now, and counting.
    And still the fanbase are the focus of constant insults.

Well, thanks for the chat.
    Cheers.
    Dude...

Look at my avatar.

But I feel you, man.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I don't think there are characters I truly hate-hate.

I can be annoyed at some though, moreso because of the way they have been written. A very, very few are annoying me just because of their existence (RiRi. Moon Girl... sorry), some are annoying to me because of their fanbase more than the character itself. I spent some good amount of time disliking Black Widow simply because of her rabid fans on Tumblr pooping on the Ant-Man movie and demanding a BW movie instead because "Ant-Man is lame and nobody cares"... Havok, I have to admit I can't stand, for very illogical and petty reasons Legacy characters, the ones that have been popping up the last five years or so, annoy me to the point of avoiding them as much as I can.

But hate is a too strong word for fictional characters, IMO.

Dude...

Look at my avatar.

But I feel you, man.
    High five man, I think Pym had it as worse as Cyclops (I won't make it a competition) so I hope he can become a non robot and scientist supreme again

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Am I the only one who feels threads like this are created just to see how much drama can be caused?
    Perhaps. But it can also be cathartic and therapeutic just to unload the negative feelings in an appropriate environment. I think the forum should have one thread dedicated to that sort of thing. Anyone easily offended should avoid them. And as long as everyone stays on topic and avoids personal attacks against fellow forum goers, Marvel creators, and/or character fanbases, it's all good.

Im annoyed with Iron Fist and thats pretty much it. I don't hate but i dont really feel he adds anything to the table. He's just running in place to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-13-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Squirrel Girl HUH just writing her name i feel my Q.I. is down

Miss America Chavez arhhhhh Let's Ulik Eat her... When he **** let'S Surtur burn all that came out. Then put the ashes in ten different black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    High five man, I think Pym had it as worse as Cyclops (I won't make it a competition) so I hope he can become a non robot and scientist supreme again
    From your mouth to God's ear, my friend!
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Dude...

Look at my avatar.

But I feel you, man.
    Yes, I fully agree.
    Hank Pym is one of my favorite characters and he doesn't deserve to be treated so badly.
    Neither he nor his fanbase.

I've already said that in the X-Men thread: Scott and Hank have a lot in common. Sometimes I think they should be great friends.

Wolverine
    Punisher
    half of the X-Men
    most Inhumans
    most legacy characters
    Moondragon
    Mantis
    US Agent
    Deadpool
    The Sentry

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    No ... but I'm going to share my opinion anyway

Sentry I don't care about what kind of concept he started as ... he quickly devolved into a hot mess of a character I can't fathom how anyone enjoys him. From his "ripping heros in half" thing, to "out manipulating molecule man", to "being the guy who banged Rogue" ... He's just the ultimate mary sue blended with power fantasy "omg my life is so tortured no one can understand ... but let me set the universe straight and have the world fawn over me while I return to my emo/edgy sulking". Ugh.

Squirrel Girl She's the one-punch man of marvel: a walking punch-line. It's gotten old, yet instead of shelving it she seems to constantly reappear in more titles. Over it. Over her.

Black Panther - Marvel's equivalent of "my one black friend so you can't call me racist". He's on a constant pedestal of perfection, with Batman like abilities to stay not only relevant, but downright superior in most any situation. Doesn't matter how other characters of color get treated, leave it to BP to be Marvel's example. In team books he has a habit of being a walking MacGuffin. Shows up, fixes a problem or shares his amazing wakandan knowledge to move things along, then disappears.

Deadpool when he's in anything not deapool. I actually like Deadpool, as long as he's in his own little sphere of influence. Like an alternate universe kind of thing. He works in his own thing ... never blends well with others. So I usually get nervous/worried when I see him pop up in other comics.

Amadeus Cho. He irritates me to no end. Purely as a character that rubs me the wrong way he's the worst. The absolute worst. I actively avoid comics with him in it. Hate hate hate everything about that punk. His attitude, his smugness, just everything. I might grab an issue if it was to see him get pounded in a particularly humiliating fashion, because that Korean hipster just irks me.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 05-13-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Sam Alexander - because he was given so much hype, be it cartoons or comic book crossovers, in the hopes that people would forget the original Nova (Richard Rider). Even now Sam's origin is convoluted and has no clear cut direction.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Oh and then there's Carol Danvers. You can bet folding money her movie character won't be much like the quasi-fascist two Civil War storylines have turned her into.
    I used to really love Carol, but she has done something that I didn't care for. Tony had her back when she was really having problems keeping sober. Now she puts Tony into a coma and walks away like it's nothing. I can't wait them to bump heads as they are both Avengers now. You better believe Tony is going to have something to say. I don't hate her, but I have lost a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for her.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-13-2018 at 11:38 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I used to really love Carol, but she has done something that I didn't care for. Tony had her back when she was really having problems keeping sober. Now she puts Tony into a coma and walks away like it's nothing. I can't wait them to bump heads as they are both Avengers now. You better believe Tony is going to have something to say. I don't hate her, but I have lost a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for her.
    Oh GOD I hope so. Because if I have to read some crappy two panel reconciliation that's like " Let's both agree we were wrong and move forward" I am going to FRAKKING VOMIT!

YOU were wrong Carol! Not even just wrong - stupid ignored what people were saying sided with Maria Hill trampling freedom too busy trying to be the best hero EVAH and played right into Hydra's evil hand's WRONG!

Siding with Maria Hill on a moral issue. Jesus, how was that not a red flag?!
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-14-2018 at 01:15 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I can't think at the moment of characters I really hate, more often I hate what has been done to a lot of Marvel Characters over the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Oh GOD I hope so. Because if I have to read some crappy two panel reconciliation that's like " Let's both agree we were wrong and move forward" I am going to FRAKKING VOMIT!

YOU were wrong Carol! Not even just wrong - stupid ignored what people were saying sided with Maria Hill trampling freedom too busy trying to be the best hero EVAH and played right into Hydra's evil hand's WRONG!

Siding with Maria Hill on a moral issue. Jesus, how was that not a red flag?!
    Yeah. If they make it like you said a 2 panel sorry and that they were both wrong I will be severely disappointed.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark