Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Rate MCU Thanos' HTH skills

Like it says on the tin.

I actually paid MONEY to watch Infinity War on Imax and drove nearly an hour and a half each way to do it. Felt rushed, but I can't complain. IMHO that was like the minimum amount of time to try and pull off something so epic, else many bladders would have asploded.

BUT.

What really got me was Thanos going Ip Man on Hulk, and I was like WTF this c*nt isn't just a brawler, thus c*nt can fight!

Hell, he looked better than Faora did when she was trying to beatdown Superman!

So I ask you this; in the world of movies at large and ignoring the IG as well as his natural attributes, how is Thanos as a fighter?

Dude was whooping on Hulk like Jason Bourne would whoop on an average goon. He was legit.

The strikes and especially the knee and toss were very MMA fighter esque.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Dude was whooping on Hulk like Jason Bourne would whoop on an average goon. He was legit.

The strikes and especially the knee and toss were very MMA fighter esque.
    Yeah, pretty much....Thanos opened up a can o'whup ass (tm )....I mean, damn.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

He looked good, but then again he was fighting a crud brawler who, in his human form, literally tripped over his feet when trying to fight.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To be fair, while Hulk never shows much high-end training or anything (naturally), he is quick as hell. Thanos fought him damn near as well as Thor does, and never tried anything stupid like grappling when he doesn't remotely have to. And proved that he was stronger and more durable to boot.

Thanos is good.

I have a feeling Hulk is going to "get back his win" in part 2. I hope not but it seems likely, especially given the set up in this movie. Some super angry version of Hulk is going to kick Thanos' ass. Probably

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Like it says on the tin.

I actually paid MONEY to watch Infinity War on Imax and drove nearly an hour and a half each way to do it. Felt rushed, but I can't complain. IMHO that was like the minimum amount of time to try and pull off something so epic, else many bladders would have asploded.

BUT.

What really got me was Thanos going Ip Man on Hulk, and I was like WTF this c*nt isn't just a brawler, thus c*nt can fight!

Hell, he looked better than Faora did when she was trying to beatdown Superman!

So I ask you this; in the world of movies at large and ignoring the IG as well as his natural attributes, how is Thanos as a fighter?
    LOL. I went into the movie making sure I hadn't drunk anything for several hours before.

Yeah, he's good. He's so blasted big and powerful that I found it hard to judge his pure hth skills most of the time.

Am I the only one that suspects the Hulk is hiding inside Banner because this is the first time he truly got beaten and beaten badly? I'm dismissing him fighting Stark in the Hulkbuster because that was a sucker punch when he was shocked by the destruction he had caused.

And, yes, I suspect all Worldbreaker Hulk is going to break loose in the next one.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Someone's uploaded the fight to youtube.

And I'm seeing a lot more here:

BIG lead right...parry/stop into upjab into straight, FML this is Floyd Jr shit!

He even switches a couple times I think(going by where his shoulders are) and does well from either side which means he's an ambidextrous fighter?
    Last edited by T51R; 05-12-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Someone's uploaded the fight to youtube.

And I'm seeing a lot more here:

BIG lead right...parry/stop into upjab into straight, FML this is Floyd Jr shit!

He even switches a couple times I think(going by where his shoulders are) and does well from either side which means he's an ambidextrous fighter?
    Yep, I even see some decent footwork there. Tony level in terms of skill sounds good, he definitely is better than Happy Hogan . Man, now there are two things I want to see:
    -Thanos doing the Wai Kru (the traditional dance Muay Thai fighters do before a fight)
    -Thanos talking about boxing with the Murdocks (at least Jack).

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I still think that Thor's doing in Ragnarok had less to do with him having his godly powers and more to do with the writers/choreographers seeing Wonder Woman and going, "oh crap, maybe a few millennia of combat experience will let you do something other than brawl fairly evenly with an untrained dork who is having the mother of all roid rages."

I don't understand especially mcus caps skills