Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

WTF when did Thanos learn Falcon Punch!?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Yeah, she went from being compassionate, to becoming one of the biggest assholes in the MU. She seems rude for the sake of being rude, and weirdly cold. Idk if she was originally supposed to be Marvel's idea of a "strong woman" or not, she was more of a dick than any other hero I knew of.
    I think it's more she's getting the Iron Man treatment. Tony was the "villain" of Civil War I, and then his movie came out and he became insanely popular and Marvel had to redeem him. So among other things they make him the "hero" if Civil War II. If Brie Larsen does well as Captain Marvel, I'd expect in a few years Carol will be the hero of Civil War III and She-Hulk or someone will wind up as the villain of the event.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I think it's more she's getting the Iron Man treatment. Tony was the "villain" of Civil War I, and then his movie came out and he became insanely popular and Marvel had to redeem him. So among other things they make him the "hero" if Civil War II. If Brie Larsen does well as Captain Marvel, I'd expect in a few years Carol will be the hero of Civil War III and She-Hulk or someone will wind up as the villain of the event.
    You'd think that they'd stop trying to turn their heroes into douchebags at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Man, you can see Kamala's heart just break in that last panel.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    You'd think that they'd stop trying to turn their heroes into douchebags at some point.
    At some point in the last 30 years, the favourite thing for people to see in comics went from 'Heroes beating up villains' to 'My hero gets to show himself as the best by beating up YOUR hero'. Or something like that. Heroes have always fought heroes, but it seems much more prevalent now.

Sooo...someone has to be the aggressor.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I blame the Hate Plague. It jumped from the Transformers franchise to other franchises.

Of course, there's always hope.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    At some point in the last 30 years, the favourite thing for people to see in comics went from 'Heroes beating up villains' to 'My hero gets to show himself as the best by beating up YOUR hero'. Or something like that. Heroes have always fought heroes, but it seems much more prevalent now.

True.

I also think that a major difference nowadays is that the hero vs. hero conflicts are generally more extended than they were before. Many years ago you could have hero meet each other, misunderstand one another, fight, make up and thwart the villain's plan in the span of 1-2 issues. Now the conflict tends to be dragged across several years and multiple crossover events.

There are merits to both, but also annoying flaws.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I blame the Hate Plague. It jumped from the Transformers franchise to other franchises.

Of course, there's always hope.
    I'll watch them when I get home tonight, maybe -- sounds interesting, but getting vids to work at work is always a tricky prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I also think that a major difference nowadays is that the hero vs. hero conflicts are generally more extended than they were before. Many years ago you could have hero meet each other, misunderstand one another, fight, make up and thwart the villain's plan in the span of 1-2 issues. Now the conflict tends to be dragged across several years and multiple crossover events.

There are merits to both, but also annoying flaws.
    That kind of thing (big crossovers) kind of started back with Avengers versus X-men, Alpha Flight versus X-men miniseries, and Secret Wars II etc...and I've hated it ever since it got even bigger, into the crazy kind of stuff we see now. It's one thing to match a superteam against another superteam with some kind of story. It's another to have these GIGANTIC crossovers where it eats up all the comics for six months, you need to buy more to get an idea of what is actually happening, and often-times whatever marginal consistency comics has with characters gets chucked clean out the window due to Everyone Needing To Be Relevant (at least in the original Civil War they left Strange out of it, with Watcher noting 'You could stop this right now' and him saying 'Yeah, but I won't, because I don't have the right').

*/rant* ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I still think that Thor's doing in Ragnarok had less to do with him having his godly powers and more to do with the writers/choreographers seeing Wonder Woman and going, "oh crap, maybe a few millennia of combat experience will let you do something other than brawl fairly evenly with an untrained dork who is having the mother of all roid rages."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    This. Hulk fans suffered during part 1 lol. I'm expecting world breaker Hulk in part 2.
    What's funny is that Hulk's beating was outright dignified compared to how Thanos treated him in the comics.

I don't understand especially mcus caps skills