Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default You get the following

For some situation beyond your reasoning, you, and only you in this reality can now access a fully functioning Infinity Gauntlet.

So, what do you do as a physical Deity for all intents and purposes?

Due to multiverse Claud, we each get it in varies parallel universes, that may reflect what we do with said power.

Is this MCU IG, or the book version? Book version is better suited for my imagination.

* I quit my job.

* I suppose I instantly clean Earth's oceans of all the plastic waste.

* I contemplate immortality and indestructibility for my loved ones, leaving the decision for it up to the individual. I enhance my speed, strength, intelligence, agility, etc., to hyperhuman levels. I can change these qualities on a whim, of course. But beyond this I vow to maintain a strong connection to my humanity.

* I contemplate keeping my newly-found status a secret from the general populace. Do I get involved with petty politics?

* Do I end all disease and other forms of mortal suffering? If I do, does it ultimately make humanity weaker? Do I go onto other civilizations throughout the cosmos and deliberate with them on these issues?

* I walk through volcanic eruptions, fly through supernovas, etc., just because.

* I enjoy a nice bottle or 3 of expensive wine at the bottom of the Marianas Trench, just because. I recycle the bottles, of course.

* I surf. On water, in tropical locales. Big waves, baby!

* I space travel. A lot.

* I time travel forward and backward. I hang out with dinosaurs for a bit, just because.

*Anyone who wants to join me on these journeys, can certainly do so, under my protection.

And this is all within the first few attoseconds of godhood.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Beautiful and yes. It is the book version so no liking loved ones for soul stone.

Astonishing Member

- If an area of the world is in a deep flood situation and more rain is forecast, then I'd instead have it rain in a drought area.
    - In the event of an earthquake, reverse the damage but have people keep the memories if they survived. No loss of life and lessons about sound structure are learned.
    - Set up a time window to look into the future to use for weather forecasts only. Nothing that involves human intervention, that way lies time paradoxes. If the prediction is off, there's a weather altering device out there somewhere.
    - Transmute waste into something more useful like food or water, even fertile soil for growing food. That's countless landfills suddenly a usable resource. Any restaurant waste to be in a reusable state as well.
    - Restore the ice caps and glaciers to their pre-climate change states.
    - Encourage gender equality, and reassessing creeds that discourage this. There are some creeds where just being a woman deprives people of basic human rights like education and safety. People still make the decisions as they have more experience with their own belief system, but are more open minded about it. Same goes for any kind of discrimination based on things like ethnicity, social class (the caste system), orientation (LGBT) etc.
    - Of course, make sure a competent president gets elected to POTUS. Race, sex, doesn't matter. As long as they actually know how laws come about, it's a lot better than Orange Jabba.

Mighty Member

Randomly kill half of all people, because that's what you do apparently.

Encourage gender equality, and reassessing creeds that discourage this.
    So all "creeds" then?

orientation
    Does that include pedophillia? Certainly seen certain groups make arguments about "age fluidity"

Of course, make sure a competent president gets elected to POTUS. Race, sex, doesn't matter. As long as they actually know how laws come about, it's a lot better than Orange Jabba
    Actual physicians have declared him competent

It's always interesting to read stuff like this, which is basically echoing someone's personal political views and trying to enforce it on the rest of the world. Which, sure, is what the Nazis also did because they thought they were "right" as well

Otherwise, we have a perfectly fine system called democracy where the majority decides, as it has already decided on all these issues. Which, of course is not perfect, but at least shows more consensus than "Hey I think that's correct so that must be correct!"
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 05-12-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post

It's always interesting to read stuff like this, which is basically echoing someone's personal political views and trying to enforce it on the rest of the world. Which, sure, is what the Nazis also did because they thought they were "right" as well

Otherwise, we have a perfectly fine system called democracy where the majority decides, as it has already decided on all these issues. Which, of course is not perfect, but at least shows more consensus than "Hey I think that's correct so that must be correct!"
    Like physicians whose letters were dictated by the Jabba in question? As reliable as wet tissue paper.

A uniform one size fits all solution isn't possible. It makes things trickier for sure. Adapting a religion for new developments, or what's more prominent, has been done. Look at how technology has been adapted and perceived. No one thinks smart phones are witchcraft worth hanging someone over. The Pope isn't condemning same sex relationships. Change is a fact of life, and anything that doesn't recognise this at it's core needs to. The spirit can be retained even if the practices may change. The best people to look at this are people who are intimately familiar with their beliefs, rather than an under-informed person.

I've got another one. Making the NRA see sense about gun regulation. People still have a right to gun access, but guns aren't in the hands of the mentally unsound and no assault rifles in urban areas. A review of the second amendment to bring it up to date would be nice. Key thing is that the second amendment is still around, but more appropriate to the 21st century.

Democratic Republic is the real term I believe. And the majority doesn't always decide, otherwise Hillary would be in lol :P

But yeah, I don't agree with enforcing my own views of who or what is "competent". Ill let the system sort itself out mostly.

Other than that, ill blow up some moons and dance on a black hole. Maybe resurrect Tolkien for a bit and let him chat with Peter Jackson. Otherwise, I like Hulahulks answers!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Like physicians whose letters were dictated by the Jabba in question? As reliable as wet tissue paper.
    Any evidence that these were directed by President Trump? Beyond the fake news network I mean haha. Fake news network called out for fake reporting just days ago directly by the government! Haha

You see where this leads when one unilaterally decides to play God?

A uniform one size fits all solution isn't possible. It makes things trickier for sure. Adapting a religion for new developments, or what's more prominent, has been done. Look at how technology has been adapted and perceived. No one thinks smart phones are witchcraft worth hanging someone over. The Pope isn't condemning same sex relationships. Change is a fact of life, and anything that doesn't recognise this at it's core needs to. The spirit can be retained even if the practices may change. The best people to look at this are people who are intimately familiar with their beliefs, rather than an under-informed person.
    And who decides what constitutes "change"? Who selects who are the "people intimately familiar with their beliefs"? You? Again, how's that any different from the Nazis?

You mention under informed people yet you judge a guy you've probably only ever seen on television as incompetent?

I've got another one. Making the NRA see sense about gun regulation. People still have a right to gun access, but guns aren't in the hands of the mentally unsound and no assault rifles in urban areas. A review of the second amendment to bring it up to date would be nice. Key thing is that the second amendment is still around, but more appropriate to the 21st century.
    Oooh nice taking away the guns unilaterally against a majority consensus. Overriding the govt

Tell me what the Nazis did again in Germany right before the war?

Edit- the problem here is you still don't see the irony of actually turning into a dictator to override the authority of those you perceive as dictators,just because you believe you are right.
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 05-12-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Is this MCU IG, or the book version? Book version is better suited for my imagination.

* I quit my job.

* I suppose I instantly clean Earth's oceans of all the plastic waste.

* I contemplate immortality and indestructibility for my loved ones, leaving the decision for it up to the individual. I enhance my speed, strength, intelligence, agility, etc., to hyperhuman levels. I can change these qualities on a whim, of course. But beyond this I vow to maintain a strong connection to my humanity.

* I contemplate keeping my newly-found status a secret from the general populace. Do I get involved with petty politics?

* Do I end all disease and other forms of mortal suffering? If I do, does it ultimately make humanity weaker? Do I go onto other civilizations throughout the cosmos and deliberate with them on these issues?

* I walk through volcanic eruptions, fly through supernovas, etc., just because.

* I enjoy a nice bottle or 3 of expensive wine at the bottom of the Marianas Trench, just because. I recycle the bottles, of course.

* I surf. On water, in tropical locales. Big waves, baby!

* I space travel. A lot.

* I time travel forward and backward. I hang out with dinosaurs for a bit, just because.

*Anyone who wants to join me on these journeys, can certainly do so, under my protection.

And this is all within the first few attoseconds of godhood.
    This works for me. I have to go with the movie because I haven't read the comic book version *yet*.

The first thing I do is heal my blankety-blank lower back and sciatic nerve.

De-age myself.

Run a mile fast just because I can.

Make myself invulnerable and jack my strength and speed and resistance to mind control and everything up (not that there's mind control powers in our world but why take chances?)

Make everyone I love invulnerable and give them some level of superhuman power. Also make them all young. All of this is with permission.

Jump to other planets, an almost endless supply, and make them habitable. With permission, make anyone who wants it ageless and invulnerable after scanning their minds and knowing they won't abuse it. Since I don't want to take away the ability to have children, make it clear that this deal comes with relocation to another planet for population reasons but people always are on the same planet as their loved ones. Besides, I'll just rewrite those planets so they are basically Earth.

Travel back in time. Observe the Big Bang and watch the universe and Earth unfold. Observe the path of evolution and try to not interfere. If I do and it's a mistake, I'll just correct it.

Jump to the end of the universe and extend it.

Ultimately, probably realize that, millions of years in the future, everything I did has gone wrong to the point of being unfixable except by killing most of the universe.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    So all "creeds" then?

Does that include pedophillia? Certainly seen certain groups make arguments about "age fluidity"

I remember watching the remake of "The Time Machine". NOT a great movie but yet, more by accident than design, made some good points. Unfortunately, I considered the Jeremy Irons character, who is supposed to be the main villain, to be the most rational character with the most valid philosophical argument. In short, he states (and I paraphrase): You? A time traveler? Someone who went into his own past and tried to change it? And now you come into the far future, one that you do not know anything about or understand and you try to change it, to force it into your archaic concept of what the world should be. This world, for better or worse, is what events and people and the process of change have made it. You come here understanding none of that and try to bend it to the morals and social ideals of a society that was one brief blip in the passage of time. You call what exists here perverted but it is within the natural course of events you understand not at all. What you would do is the ultimate perversion.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I remember watching the remake of "The Time Machine". NOT a great movie but yet, more by accident than design, made some good points. Unfortunately, I considered the Jeremy Irons character, who is supposed to be the main villain, to be the most rational character with the most valid philosophical argument. In short, he states (and I paraphrase): You? A time traveler? Someone who went into his own past and tried to change it? And now you come into the far future, one that you do not know anything about or understand and you try to change it, to force it into your archaic concept of what the world should be. This world, for better or worse, is what events and people and the process of change have made it. You come here understanding none of that and try to bend it to the morals and social ideals of a society that was one brief blip in the passage of time. You call what exists here perverted but it is within the natural course of events you understand not at all. What you would do is the ultimate perversion.
    Yeah are you talking about the Guy Pearce movie? I actually quite liked it.

I agree with the Irons character, which is one of the reasons I like Superman so much. He generally stays out of politics and social issues beyond trying to set an example. And in most cases when he tries to "fix" something he ends up as a dictator

One's personal morals cannot apply to all which is why we as humans have evolved democracy over thousands of years. I like the bit about time too, what is "correct" in one time may not be so in another, especially given that it's increasingly obvious we are but products of the societies we grow up in (which makes change all the more important because it's real in the sense people have e shifted from one type of thought to another over time, and that's truly amazing).

Unfortunately people these days are convinced that the "other side" whoever it may be, is wrong and they are completely right, even after electoral results prove otherwise. There's far lesser tolerance and compromise in modern democracy, let alone actual debate and discussion, and extremists from either side are convinced in their own superiority so much they seek to undermine the democratic process itself. And that's the most dangerous trend of them all, there's nothing so priceless as democracy

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    For some situation beyond your reasoning, you, and only you in this reality can now access a fully functioning Infinity Gauntlet.

So, what do you do as a physical Deity for all intents and purposes?

Due to multiverse Claud, we each get it in varies parallel universes, that may reflect what we do with said power.

First. Thing.

Next, make myself OP as all hell. A combo of all Stand Powers plus all Devil Fruits plus Omnipotence should do nicely.

Then I just have fun with it. Fly are around the Universe playing around with Godhood. Make golden statues of myself everywhere I go. Maybe cause some supernovas just to no sell them. That kind of thing.

Come back to Earth, troll around with my powers, make myself the richest guy ever. Make myself a floating cloud island. Make all my loved ones super powerful and immortal. Bring back passed away pets and family. Throw a massive party with all of my friends and family.

Target all terrorist groups. Turn them all into dolls.

Next, wave my hand and make everyone get along and be nice from now on. Turn all nukes into flower petals since we won't need them anyways. Next, I'll make myself king of everything, make everyone outside of my family and friends refer to me as Lord Smash Master, and hire Sharpandpointies to handle all of the day to day work while I live it up.

Theeeen maybe I start messing around with certain TV Shows or something. All of the mooks in Arrow are replaced with Putty Patrollers for instance.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I delete my forum.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    - Of course, make sure a competent president gets elected to POTUS. Race, sex, doesn't matter. As long as they actually know how laws come about, it's a lot better than Orange Jabba.
    In less than two years Trump has averted World War 3, ended the disastrous Iran deal, he's getting us out of the Paris agreement (that we can't legally join anyway), and black unemployment and home ownership are at all-time historic highs. Frankly, how could you ask for more? And that's all I'll say about it.

I would, in no specific order:
    1. Create infinite energy technology. Infinite reserves but not infinite output, to limit it's use as a weapon. It would give energy eternally, but only on a limited scale. Mankind has a history of power outpacing restraint. Otherwise we get Fallout, do you want to live in Fallout?

2. Transmute pollution into something useful, especially ocean plastic and nuclear waste, but eventually all of it.

3. Create matter transmuter technology to remove the concept of shortage and want.

4. Create viewing-only time portals to give people the benefit of learning from actual, unedited unfiltered history so they stop making the same mistakes, with safeguards against spying on important government stuff.

5. Preemptively terraform every planet in the solar system, as well as the moons of the gas giants.

6. Create FTL communication technology to prepare humanity to colonize space.

7. Add another 100 billion years to the sun's lifespan, just in case.

8. Boldly go where no one has gone before.

9. Take away everything I gave humanity without warning, so they learn to appreciate it before giving it back.

10. Recreate my body into a physical ideal, ageless, indestructible, with it's own inherent powers so I'm not helpless should something happen to the gauntlet. So...yeah, Surfer, I'd make myself Silver Surfer.

11. Time travel. Just a ridiculous amount of time travel.

12. Find out if there's a God or not, but not tell anyone.

I would take great pains to avoid trying to tamper with society, humanity has to solve problems of equality and bias on it's own, but with no purpose to war anymore problems have to be solved with words rather than violence.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard