Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    *slap slap slap*
    Challenging me to a DUEL?

By far your worst mistake of the day.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Challenging me to a DUEL?

By far your worst mistake of the day.
    *cautiously backs up while activating overshields*

Nah, there was, uh... a mosquito! Yup. You're welcome.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Gentlemen please.

Let’s be civil about this.

:grin:

We are all friends here.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

So I do the Cosmic Social Experiment I've mused about on occasion.

First I create a number of duplicate Earths (down to the currently existing human infrastructure), in duplicated solar systems, throughout the galaxy.

Then I take every "identity group" on Earth, and separate them, replicating the populations to see various versions of the experiment.

By the perspective of each of these groups, it will appear as though everyone who is not them has vanished, leaving only themselves behind.

Ergo, I create the following sets of Earth, along the following structures:

Continental Earths - Earths in which only the population of one of continent remains: North America, South America, Asia, Europe, African, and Australia/Oceania. Also, various combinations thereof, such as just the Americas, or just AfroEurAsia.

Country Earths - Earths where only the people existing within the border of a country remain when everyone else disappears. Secondary set: only people who possess citizenship with a certain country remain, regardless of location.

Racial Earths - An Earth where only black people exist. An Earth where only white people exist. Asian, Hispanic, Native American, Polynesian, Hispanic, you get the picture. Separate this out as far as one wants to separate.

Sexual Identity Earths - An Earth with only men. An Earth with only women. An Earth with only homosexuals. An Earth with only heterosexuals. An Earth with only non-binary, segmented as far as such groups wish to identify.

Religious Earths - Earths where only those of one religion remain. Chop this down into various segments as befits. A Christian Earth, but also an Earth for specifically every variation of Christianity.

Political Earths - Earths separated by political ideology, as far down as it goes.

Class Earths - Various population cut-offs determined by wealth. A world with only millionaires, a world with only impoverished, etc.

Age Earths - Various population cut-offs within an age range. Only people in their twenties, or thirties, or tens, or hundreds.

Other Earths - Anything else I can think of, such as a world with no people at all, how would the environment recover? A world where the continents are spontaneously reshaped and reconfigured. And of course, as a control, an Earth where nothing has changed, which will act as the basis for comparison.

After that's all done, I stand back, and watch, using time-dilation to speed up the waiting periods.

The grand goal of this experiment is to see how various populations deal with each other, when most of the world is now unclaimed territory, and resources are in relative abundance. How do the various populations thrive and make use of a new world, and more importantly, how do their cultures evolve over time in light of this event? And most interesting of all, how does human nature cope without an easily identifiable "Other"? How will these populations Other themselves, when only their own group is left? Can they manage to avoid doing so? And how long will it take these various Earths to find each other? What happens when they do?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Gentlemen please.

Let’s be civil about this.
    Ah yes... "Civil". So I shall have my seconds call on his seconds for the duel of honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post

Sexual Identity Earths - An Earth with only men. An Earth with only women. An Earth with only homosexuals. An Earth with only heterosexuals. An Earth with only non-binary, segmented as far as such groups wish to identify.
    Oh we know how THAT one turns out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKs1bDbeBio&t=6m15s
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

So I do the Cosmic Social Experiment I've mused about on occasion.
    Now that's interesting. A psychological experiment.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

always wondered if using the gems you could create similar gems for everyone to use. imagine if everyone was omniscient and omnipotent.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    always wondered if using the gems you could create similar gems for everyone to use. imagine if everyone was omniscient and omnipotent.
    With the soul stone you could give people super powers.

Though too many God beings spells disaster I think.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Oh, lord. Why would you want that?

Anyway, I focus on specific things for my life. And the lives of those I love, assuming they wish such. Immortality, that kind of thing. And vacations to distant galaxies, etc.

The world will have to sort itself out. I'll come back and check, and if we mess it all up, I'll use the Time Gem and give it a bit of a reset. Will need to decide which kind of reset at the time, though.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'd go the super powerful prankster route. Like, I'd tell a bunch of kids I'm invincible and ask them to kick me in the nuts. When the fifth or sixth kid does it, I double over and scream in "pain" for an hour straight.

Or I'd make everyone's voice sound like Gilbert Gottfried's.

Or I'd tell the world it's time to meet God and create the Flying Spaghetti Monster and, while controlling him, I'd have him "destroy" me in a public battle and then see how humanity reacts to this development.

Realistically, though, it's too much power and I'd be afraid of my own corruption. What I'd do is completely erase my mind that I have the Gauntlet, and then, maybe, for an hour or two once a month, my memory and powers would automatically restore themselves and I could do whatever I wanted in that time frame before everything reverts back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    - Of course, make sure a competent president gets elected to POTUS.
    I'd try to stay away from exerting too much of my will, but I'd probably Pinocchio all the major world leaders. Every time they outright and knowingly lie (whether verbally or in writing), a bright neon sign over them would flash and go "YOU LIE!" and their nose would grow. I'd make it so that it works on anyone who takes office, but if you leave office, you revert back to normal.

Then I take every "identity group" on Earth, and separate them, replicating the populations to see various versions of the experiment.
    That'd be interesting to see. I'd take any member of any kind of extremist group (based on religion, race, whatever), and by "extremist" I mean anyone who thinks anyone who doesn't belong in their group should be dead, and then I'd create a small world for them somewhere to live. That way I make Earth a better, more tolerant place without killing anyone.