Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    And Beetle you can suck it with your distasteful comment
    Rude.

What did I say that was untrue?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Awful comment. You don’t get the Xmen.
    Oh, come off it. Since when do you get to decide who gets the X-Men and who doesn't? I also think my criticisms here are perfectly in tune with the mutational themes of the franchise; removing redundancy is good, even if the moment of removal must be criticised for its lack of narrative/thematic purpose and originality.

If you think Boy Who Has A Few Eyes is representative of what the X-Men means, that he is for some reason the lynchpin of the franchise's emotional or philosophical core, then I don't think it is I who doesn't "get the Xmen" at all.

My question is why did the Poisons consider him for their cause? I mean sure, some of his eyes could see in spectrums beyond that of the naked eye, but what about his power was of value to him compared to the others they either converted or tried to. Him being killed off here just feels so random.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    My question is why did the Poisons consider him for their cause? I mean sure, some of his eyes could see in spectrums beyond that of the naked eye, but what about his power was of value to him compared to the others they either converted or tried to. Him being killed off here just feels so random.
    The Poisons were targetting all of the superhumans on Earth. They forcibly bonded every superhuman to they attacked with weaponized symbiotes. Once a person was bonded to a symbiote all the Poisons had to do was have a Poison spawn make physical contact with the symbiote and they would be instantly turned.

They attacked the Institute and infected most of the staff and students with symbiotes, but they fought them off and evacuated to Alchemax. Eye Boy was the only one slow enough to get caught by a Poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Poisons were targetting all of the superhumans on Earth. They forcibly bonded every superhuman to they attacked with weaponized symbiotes. Once a person was bonded to a symbiote all the Poisons had to do was have a Poison spawn make physical contact with the symbiote and they would be instantly turned.

They attacked the Institute and infected most of the staff and students with symbiotes, but they fought them off and evacuated to Alchemax. Eye Boy was the only one slow enough to get caught by a Poison.
    Yea just seems like an odd plan to just go after everyone with powers as opposed to the ones with the most useful powerset especially when they had finite symbiotes. Unless they found a way to keep the symbiotes spawning new symbiotes, it seems like a waste of resources when you think about it.

Also random note, but seeing as Jimmy got away, anyone wanna bet his codename will be something along the lines of Poison X?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yeah - they're also going to be revisiting it in X-Men Blue after Mothervine.
    Wait, they are? I thought Blue was done with the Poisons after Venomized #5? I'm gonna be pissed if the X-Men Blue narrative is derailed again for a shitty subplot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't care about Eye Boy. But it's shitty of Bunn to just randomly kill characters on a random Venom crossover that they had neither a big role nor a reason to be on in the first place.
    It's hard to care about D-List characters, but I'm sad that Trevor was killed in such a subpar story. And as you say, it was unnecessary to bring him in to begin with- especially if it was only for his death. A shame that D-Man & Rage were killed off in such a story too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The biggest difference between Aaron and Bendis’ kids is that Aaron’s kids are bad because they’re gimmicky, ugly joke characters while Bendis’ kids (with the exception of Goldballs) are bad because they’re blank slates without personality. The latter can be saved.
    I mean, I don't disagree, but there are a couple characters from both generations that I liked or at least think they have potential. Transonic and Shark Girl are great. Triage was cool too.
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 05-13-2018 at 05:39 PM.

BANNED

Transonic’s a Fraction/Gillen character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Transonic’s a Fraction/Gillen character.
    I meant Triage, but said Transonic, though she's great too.

In my opinion, the more freaky-looking characters around, the better. Eye-boy was weird to look and I wish he was still around the mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea just seems like an odd plan to just go after everyone with powers as opposed to the ones with the most useful powerset especially when they had finite symbiotes. Unless they found a way to keep the symbiotes spawning new symbiotes, it seems like a waste of resources when you think about it.

Also random note, but seeing as Jimmy got away, anyone wanna bet his codename will be something along the lines of Poison X?
    But will his being consumed by a poison inject some personality?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Eye-boy aside I agree with any consensus that supports ending the needlessly killing of characters without purpose, mention, or effect. It's an issue across comics but this gimmick has behind tiresome and minor I read that event and didn't know he appeared or noticed he died.

Many comics continously gives readers reasons not to care or support the characters long-term. Ignoring characters relations, history, or connect to the plot disengages my interest.

There's a another conservation to be had concerning overabundance of characters with new ones created with each relaunch. Blatant lack of use of characters used in recent runs or long term X-characters stuck in limbo or dead being us back to the original point.

Spectacular Member

Default How EyeBoy could come back from the afterlife (and bring others with him).

He’s supposed to be like Karnak now, right?

Well, remember what happened to Karnak in 2015?

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www....an-return/amp/

Astonishing Member

Your assuming death accualy matters in comics, but if i had to guess the new fresher start relaunch in 7 months will undo everything or the'll forget abouth him being dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Your assuming death accualy matters in comics, but if i had to guess the new fresher start relaunch in 7 months will undo everything or the'll forget abouth him being dead
    Might not even be seven months. Bets on him being background character at the wedding

Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    He’s supposed to be like Karnak now, right?
    No. Nothing like him.