Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Am I supposed to care? He was never more than a mediocre character, a joke that went too long.
    A "joke" character can become compelling with the right development, also he was one of those mutants who couldn't hide because of his mutation. There aren't enough of them, too many new mutants are supermodels. He definitely deserved to live over Jimmy, yet another tired Wolverine clone.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Not at all. I love both writers!

I figured I’d let her know cause well she likes the character!

And I’m sorry! He is one of my faves. If a huge character died they’d be a thread. Why doesn’t Eye Boy get the same respect? He’s one of my faves and it sucks! Excuse me for not thinking about spoilers when I’m depressed about his death.
    It is true you have a habit of making your threads include giant spoilers in their titles though dude you've got to admit. You do it a lot

But in this case I share your feelings on the matter... just disrespectful really. Not good.

And people commenting in this thread if you don't care about EyeBoy that's fine but can you not be like "lol good riddance" please... thanks
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Just changed the title to Eye Boy News.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    A "joke" character can become compelling with the right development, also he was one of those mutants who couldn't hide because of his mutation. There aren't enough of them, too many new mutants are supermodels. He definitely deserved to live over Jimmy, yet another tired Wolverine clone.
    I don't know what books you've been reading but a ton of the relatively newer mutants have physical mutations they can't hide.

Off the top of my head: Beak, Angel, Glob Herman, Ernst, No-Girl, Elixir, Rockslide, Mercury, Anole, Pixie, Indra, Bling!, Match, Graymalkin, Transonic, Kenji Uedo, Sprite, Nature Girl. Eyeboy was not special in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    And people commenting in this thread if you don't care about EyeBoy that's fine but can you not be like "lol good riddance" please... thanks
    Can I say that I wish it was Quentin Quire instead?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Bunn's response makes it sound like D-Man also died in Venomized, but isn't he currently appearing in the Lockjaw comic?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't know what books you've been reading but a ton of the relatively newer mutants have physical mutations they can't hide.

Off the top of my head: Beak, Angel, Glob Herman, Ernst, No-Girl, Elixir, Rockslide, Mercury, Anole, Pixie, Indra, Bling!, Match, Graymalkin, Transonic, Kenji Uedo, Sprite, Nature Girl. Eyeboy was not special in that regard.
    Lets not forget the mutants with unnatural skin color, such as Blink, Domino, and Marrow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    ... I'm gonna be honest I can't make myself care about this. The less things that exist from Wolverine and the X-Men the better.
    Well said...Good Riddance to bad rubbish. I'm glad Bunn was the one that did him in a mini-series event and not an actual long lined one.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Lets not forget the mutants with unnatural skin colors, such as Blink, Domino, and Marrow.
    I was listing teens from the X-Books. Because I don't think anyone could compare Eye Boy to the likes of Domino or Blink. They are so much more prominent it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Bunn's response makes it sound like D-Man also died in Venomized, but isn't he currently appearing in the Lockjaw comic?
    Killing Rage is the only part of this mess that I care about. Though it is tempered by how Spencer nearly killed in Captain America last year. I guess Elvin was just on borrowed time.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Eh. I was hoping Jimmy would be killed. We could use less Wolverine's around here. But I already made peace he wouldn't. All Wolverines are death proof.

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...477581312?s=19

Apparently Mr. White didnt know, either. Uhhhhhhhh so he's the main editor for X-Men right???

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Not at all. I love both writers!

I figured I’d let her know cause well she likes the character!

And I’m sorry! He is one of my faves. If a huge character died they’d be a thread. Why doesn’t Eye Boy get the same respect? He’s one of my faves and it sucks! Excuse me for not thinking about spoilers when I’m depressed about his death.
    I think if a major character died, there would be even more reason for there to be a title like: "[REDACTED] JUST DIED OMFG". But yeah, I get your pain. Kind of. Well, I mostly feel bad for Lin and Roxy (who already lost so many friends)
    Last edited by Tycon; 05-12-2018 at 05:02 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Apparently Mr. White didnt know, either. Uhhhhhhhh so he's the main editor for X-Men right???
    Venomized was edited under the Spider-line. Lowe probably forgot to tell him.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Eye boy died, let's hope quentin quire is next, I just couldn't bring myself to care about any of them

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Venomized was edited under the Spider-line. Lowe probably forgot to tell him.
    That's weird. I mean, yes it would be edited under the Spider line, but it was so integral to the X-Men's story that I assumed the SP office shared the event with the X-Office. Plus, I was always under the assumption that offices have to ask other offices if they could use their characters.

Incredible Member

Damn D-Man, Eye boy, and rage dying in a venomized event... I mean if they die for a good cause or purpose sure I get it but dang to die just to die in a venom based event? What a low way to go. I wonder if anyone will even remember they’re dead, are they just going to add and afterwards to lockjaw saying “at least D-man has one last good adventure before he died in a small time event”

BANNED

Not the first time White is out of the loop when it comes to X-related news.