Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I'm kind of surprised Bunn went for actually killing anyone off, no matter how minor a character they might be in the grand scheme of things.

I agree with Strain this seems like a pretty big waste, all the moreso for a non-X-Men comic.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    That's weird. I mean, yes it would be edited under the Spider line, but it was so integral to the X-Men's story that I assumed the SP office shared the event with the X-Office. Plus, I was always under the assumption that offices have to ask other offices if they could use their characters.
    Maybe it was a Ketchum thing? White HAS only been editor for about a month, which means that Ketchum would've been the one to approve these scripts.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

That's weird. I mean, yes it would be edited under the Spider line, but it was so integral to the X-Men's story that I assumed the SP office shared the event with the X-Office. Plus, I was always under the assumption that offices have to ask other offices if they could use their characters.
    It's more of a hierarchal thing. The office that's most important can do whatever they want with any character. Remember that Brevoort didn't allow Rogue to be used in an X-book for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Maybe it was a Ketchum thing? White HAS only been editor for about a month, which means that Ketchum would've been the one to approve these scripts.
    *Paniccia thing. Ketchum was fired a year ago.

BANNED

Well shit. Can't say I'll miss him because I never cared about him, but that's a sad way to go. Remember those rumors Marvel would wipe legacy heroes in a Carnage event? It's weird how close we got to that (instead, some C or D-listers got wiped in a Venom event).

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I liked Eye Boy well enough because of Strain's work with the character, but I'm honestly more upset if Bunn killing D-Man sticks.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 05-12-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    *Paniccia thing. Ketchum was fired a year ago.
    I can't keep up anymore these days tbh.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

I can't keep up anymore these days tbh.
    To make it even more confusing, ANOTHER X-editor (Christina Harrington) recently left Marvel.

Ok. Like I know ppl are genuinely sad about his death. But Beetle's comment saying "Am I supposed to care?" had me CRYING.

Here's his one-panel death scene for anyone curious:

He was 'Poisoned'. Poisons are aliens that are the Klyntar's predators. They latch onto them, killing them and using the remainer to evolve. If the symbiote is attached to a host, the Poison will reduce the body to nothing but memories and raw power. So basically, a bunch of Poisoned characters from other worlds came to the MU and shot up a bunch of heroes with Klyntars (who couldn't separate from their hosts). Trev and Jimmy got a bit unlucky before Magik and Nightcrawler decided to finally do something.

Maybe it was a Paniccia thing? White HAS only been editor for about a month, which means that Paniccia would've been the one to approve these scripts.
    Makes sense. The job switch between the two already seemed sloppily done, so I guess he wasn't informed on anything coming in. He didn't even know about the Coates/Bartel Storm solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's more of a hierarchal thing. The office that's most important can do whatever they want with any character. Remember that Brevoort didn't allow Rogue to be used in an X-book for years.
    Oof. Explains why Venomized was able to use D-Man in that way even after the 'Lockjaw' comic was planned out and everything.

Makes sense. The job switch between the two already seemed sloppily done, so I guess he wasn't informed on anything coming in. He didn't even know about the Coates/Bartel Storm solo.
    Yikes. Seems like that might be in trouble then, I was looking forward to it too.

BANNED

Yikes. Seems like that might be in trouble then, I was looking forward to it too.
    Not really, since it’s a book that doesn’t come from the X-Office.

It may still be happening.

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...565276673?s=19
    https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel/sta...523157504?s=19

Astonishing Member

You see, this is why I don't get attached to the younger X-Men characters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    You see, this is why I don't get attached to the younger X-Men characters anymore.
    Or new IP from Marvel in general. If it's not an instant hit or a media tie-in, it's cannon fodder (and even then sometimes re: Reptil).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m so devistated! Poor Lin. :-(

Attachment 65827
    I don't understand this. Is this a future issue of x-Men Blue?

Which issue will he die?

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I don't understand this. Is this a future issue of x-Men Blue?

Which issue will he die?
    He died in Venomized #5.