In one of his several interviews yesterday on Justice League, Scott Snyder described the structure of the book as 5-issue arcs with each primarily centering around two members of the team (with Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, and I get the impression Batman being the center of much of the ongoing subplot as I understand it): Flash and Green Lantern are the focus of the first arc, Wonder Woman and Aquaman the second, and Superman is the lead for the third arc along with J'onn. Snyder already said in another one of the interviews that the Aquaman/Wonder Woman arc will deal with the Omega Titans from No Justice, and he implied his big "The (he's keeping the noun secret for now) Of Hypertime" story will be further down the line as a huge thing, so those both seem out for Superman's arc. I'm thinking that'll be where the war with the Legion of Doom will come to a head, since J'onn's the new Justice League leader and it makes sense for his arc to be where they face their opposite number, and with Lex as the leader it makes sense for this to be Superman's arc. In any case, given the double-shipping schedule the Superman story should kick off at the tail end of his 80th, so that's nice.

Speaking of Lex, he's put together the Legion of Doom due to something in No Justice, with him deciding that justice - as in, an attempt to reign in our baser natures through the imposition of a higher, kinder order - is anathema to the true baseness of human nature, taking the name Doom in accordance with its original meaning of inevitable fate, as he wishes humankind to follow its 'natural' state and instincts. This is why he's made the odd choice of recruiting Joker, as he sees him as an embodiment of this ideal. I suspect many will find this characterization for Lex rubs them the wrong way; for me it fits perfectly in terms of justifying his backslide into villainy, since it's the sort of pseudo-moralistic excuse for doing the terrible things he wants to do anyway that have long been his stock in trade. Joker as a 'role model' still seems odd even in that context - given he's never been shy at using Morrison's concepts, perhaps Snyder might dip into the "21st century multiplex man" take for Joker to justify Lex viewing him as a potential new model human?

So what do people expect out of the Superman arc, and what do people think of what we know so far regarding Lex's new outlook and aims?