Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Ahh. See, I recall virtually nothing from One Million, it was before I came back to comics, so this information helps.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    If he's acknowledging one million as a part of his continuity, then he'll only outlive them for a couple hundred centuries then bring his wife back back along with his dead home world and birth parents.

It would be fascinating if Snyder thinks he'll lose them all again and finally have that lonely end catch up to him. I wouldn't mind that depending on how it's written.

But the reason I think the smart money is on Manhunter is because Snyder is pushing him as leader of the League, he's historically known for being the soul of nearly every League incarnation, and DC 1 million has him fuse with Mars and remain immortal.

I'd like it to be Superman, but I fully expect it to be Manhunter, and only half expect a new future Leaguer who has vague callbacks to the older members.
    I'd be OK if it's Martian Manhunter. Everybody except Batman as Sacred suggested.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Scott Snyder thinks that Superman will outlive everyone he cares about, so it must be him.
    Yeah, I remembered that quote as soon as I saw that article. Also glad that Lex apparently be fully evil, but I figured that. He's just aware that a hero has to have limits and if he wants to save the world, he can't have limitations.

BANNED

My brain hurt reading that...seems a little too up-its-backside for my liking.

And WW swearing for no reason just smacks of try hard memeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    My feeling exactly. I didn't like much No Justice for the same reasons.

I feel much the same way, but, I'm still going to give the full #1 a shot. This isn't something I can get a feel for from just the preview.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

My feeling exactly. I didn't like much No Justice for the same reasons.
    I liked No Justice a little...but it did feel incredibly rushed and focused very little on any of the teams, it seemed more concerned with Waller and Oliver.

If there's a heavy focus on Waller in the main run, it could prove hard to to keep my interest. I just don't like the character, and I've tried. She's not a villain I love to hate. Just a villain that annoys me.

I liked No Justice a little...but it did feel incredibly rushed and focused very little on any of the teams, it seemed more concerned with Waller and Oliver.
    Too much characters in just 22 pages.

And WW swearing for no reason just smacks of try hard memeing.
    They're all doing their best "Batman voice", hence why she then asks "how'd I do?" (making fun of "I'm the goddamn Batman"). I thought it was cute how they're all ribbing him lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Wow, that was like a huge shout out to Pak's Superman story lines right there. I'm enjoying Snyder's homage to JLU right here with the extra members. I'm always down for some DC One Million and Kamadi in my continuity and comics. The way Snyder discibes the Hall of Justice and Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman's contributions to its look was pretty nice
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    They're all doing their best "Batman voice", hence why she then asks "how'd I do?" (making fun of "I'm the goddamn Batman"). I thought it was cute how they're all ribbing him lol
    Ahh, so that's it...funny.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Great first issue - not much in the way of Superman content here (though his voice is perfectly good and distinct from the rest of the team), BUT: spoilers:
    in the near future during Snyder's run Joker apparently CONQUERS THE FUCKING SUN. Calling it now: when this book does its inevitable evil Superman story, it will be because Joker somehow becoming/taking over/whatevering the sun will corrupt it, sending out evil Jokerfied yellow solar rays that drive Superman mad. And I am here. For. It.

Also, the theorizing was correct about J'onn being the final surviving Leaguer at the end of time. Though there's a wrinkle to that no one here seemed to see coming...
    end of spoilers
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Have they reprinted DC One Million recently? I wouldn't be surprised if they do again with all these connections.

As far as the Leaguer, the smart money says Superman because of the connections. But this is Snyder. Its only half-jokingly that I say what if its Batman?
    They reprinted it a few years ago in an enmormous 1100+ page omnibus. I wouldn't expect another printing of even the core mini soon- it didn't seem to sell very well and ended up super cheap on remainder sites like Hamilton. I picked it up there- it's fun stuff.