Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

From Justice League issue #2

Hmmm, kind of makes you wonder where they'd go that would require Superman and MM where suits, huh? Knowing Snyder it's probably nuts.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

That second pic is badass. Both look appropriately like guys you don't F with, despite their gentler sides.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

A reaffirmation on Snyder's part that the third Justice League arc is "all about Superman", with a sequence Jorge Jimenez came up with that he's so passionate about he's actually co-writing that scene with Snyder as well as drawing it. The book seems to have changed from a two to three character focus per-arc though - going J'onn/Green Lantern/Flash < Wonder Woman/Aquaman/Batman < Superman/Hawkgirl/J'onn through the first three, apparently - and given the arcs seem to now be more on the scale of 5-7 issues, or 5 with material in-between, I guess the Superman arc will hit in 2019 rather than this year. Ah well.

And if you believe today's 4chan 'leak', Prime is indeed coming back to the book. That whole thing seems fake, but Snyder himself gave a purposefully non-committal answer as to whether he might have been freed from the Source Wall, and puh-LEEEEEAAAAAAZE. Love nothing more than to see that doofus come back. spoilers:
    Especially since solicits confirm the presence of The Batman Who Laughs, so they could form their own evil World's Finest.
    end of spoilers
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    A reaffirmation on Snyder's part that the third Justice League arc is "all about Superman", with a sequence Jorge Jimenez came up with that he's so passionate about he's actually co-writing that scene with Snyder as well as drawing it. The book seems to have changed from a two to three character focus per-arc though - going J'onn/Green Lantern/Flash < Wonder Woman/Aquaman/Batman < Superman/Hawkgirl/J'onn through the first three, apparently - and given the arcs seem to now be more on the scale of 5-7 issues, or 5 with material in-between, I guess the Superman arc will hit in 2019 rather than this year. Ah well.

And if you believe today's 4chan 'leak', Prime is indeed coming back to the book. That whole thing seems fake, but Snyder himself gave a purposefully non-committal answer as to whether he might have been freed from the Source Wall, and puh-LEEEEEAAAAAAZE. Love nothing more than to see that doofus come back. spoilers:
    Especially since solicits confirm the presence of The Batman Who Laughs, so they could form their own evil World's Finest.
    end of spoilers
    i have no idea what you wrote here..

Hard to say having not actually seen the panel, and therefore not knowing whether the context of this is a tease or a funny recounting of a random brain fart. But per Newsarama's recap of the Justice League panel:

"Snyder said Grant Morrison told him he should have Superman fly the entire multiverse to another location, 'and the best thing would be waiting there.' Snyder asked what was there, and Morrison said 'Marvel!' Morrison (perhaps jokingly?) pitched that Snyder should have Superman fly DC to the Marvel Universe."

I don't think there's anything 'perhaps' about the latter part being a joke, but given the megaplot for Justice League is about the death of the multiverse, any chance that cool kernel of a suggestion from Morrison might bear fruit?
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Move the multiverse to IDW when the inevitable outsourcing begins

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Fly the DCU to Dynamite Entertainment and we'd have 45 different Superman titles a month. Everything from Steampunk to crossovers with Green Hornett.

LUTHOR'S FRIGGIN' LAIR IS BACK! The big 'ol abandoned museum in Metropolis with the statue of the man in chains on top! And he had his Hall of Heroes with Al Capone and Genghis Khan and the rest moved into his quarters at the Hall of Doom!
    Buh-bye

Since the big "Drowned Earth" Aquaman/Wonder Woman arc is actually a crossover that'll happen over a single month, the Superman arc should kick off by the end of his 80th, which is nice.

At this point, I figure the thread should just be retitled "Superman/Luthor in Scott Snyder's Justice League", since it's clear the latter at least is going to remain a focus all the way through the run.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

I don't collect Aquaman (dropped it after the art went downhill, plus I don't like the drama of Mera becoming queen while Arthur's deposed), so these will be the first of Snyder's run I'll skip

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I don't collect Aquaman (dropped it after the art went downhill, plus I don't like the drama of Mera becoming queen while Arthur's deposed), so these will be the first of Snyder's run I'll skip
    Only the one issue's Aquaman, the rest is JL proper or the bookend one-shots.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

And even then, the Aquaman issue is just a tie in and doesn't appear to be necessary to read for the story.

BANNED

No, it's a fully fledged Arthur story involving the Justice League, and I have a feeling the description for the final one-shot will be the set-up for Arthur's new status quo when the new writer takes over
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-14-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Do you know, offhand, which issue the Aquaman-lead issue is? I'll have to order that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Do you know, offhand, which issue the Aquaman-lead issue is? I'll have to order that one.
    It's part of the crossover proper, not a lead-in - it goes Justice League/Aquaman: Drowned Earth #1, Justice League #11, Justice League #12, Aquaman #42, and Aquaman/Justice League: Drowned Earth #1.
    Buh-bye