Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Since the big "Drowned Earth" Aquaman/Wonder Woman arc is actually a crossover that'll happen over a single month, the Superman arc should kick off by the end of his 80th, which is nice.
    Or maybe not - now he's saying Superman's the 4th arc with Batman, while the 3rd will be GL/J'onn/Hawkgirl. Odd giving he was affirming just a month ago Superman's status as lead of the third arc, but I guess when you're still that many months out on a double-shipping schedule you have room to shift things around.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 08-14-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    Buh-bye

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It seems that the order of the arcs is changing every month.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-14-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Has Superman said anything other than "J'onn is right" yet?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So I didn't listen yet, but apparently Snyder said in this interview Superboy Prime will show up soon, but it won't be in the Justice League book or in Bendis's run..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGv4sdjseGg

I'm guessing Titans or a new young justice book?
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 08-16-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Reserving any excitement yet because who knows at this point if he doesn't just mean the Titans of Tomorrow version.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So I didn't listen yet, but apparently Snyder said in this interview Conner Kent will show up soon, but it won't be in the Justice League book or in Bendis's run..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGv4sdjseGg

I hope it's Young Justice and that Abnett isn't writing it.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Did you notice how Snyder let slip that Bendis does in fact have big plans for the Legion, and regards them in part as a subsidiary Superman property. That's pretty big news. Snyder also confirms once again that Bendis' run is planed out in a very, very big way.

Also, wow, straight up confirmation that Superboy Prime has a lot going down for him in 2019. Darkseid's father will also be in there apparently. And both of there stories aren't necessarily going to unfold in just Justice League (maybe if at all). "Justice/Doom War" sounds amazing.

I didn't listen to the whole thing. Does anyone know where the Conner Kent time stamp is at?

Edit: I wonder if we get a Superboy war or event of some sort? Bendis has been hinting pretty firmly at the multiverse and Johns related DC stuff (and I'm thinking the older Jon is likely from the future ie hypertime) could we finally be getting a spiritual sequel to hyper-tension? Snyder did say that 2019 will be a big year for Prime possibly outside of Justice League.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-15-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I wait for a rundown of what Snyder said.

BANNED

It's nice to see some official word on Superboy Prime.

See 4Chan? You repeat "PRIME TIME" enough times on virtually every story arc, you do get results.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Did you notice how Snyder let slip that Bendis does in fact have big plans for the Legion, and regards them in part as a subsidiary Superman property. That's pretty big news. Snyder also confirms once again that Bendis' run is planed out in a very, very big way.

Also, wow, straight up confirmation that Superboy Prime has a lot going down for him in 2019. Darkseid's father will also be in there apparently. And both of there stories aren't necessarily going to unfold in just Justice League (maybe if at all). "Justice/Doom War" sounds amazing.

I didn't listen to the whole thing. Does anyone know where the Conner Kent time stamp is at?

Edit: I wonder if we get a Superboy war or event of some sort? Bendis has been hinting pretty firmly at the multiverse and Johns related DC stuff (and I'm thinking the older Jon is likely from the future ie hypertime) could we finally be getting a spiritual sequel to hyper-tension? Snyder did say that 2019 will be a big year for Prime possibly outside of Justice League.
    Hmm, maybe the post I read confused connor with superboy prime for some reason. And all of that sounds exciting. I love the idea of JL being the book where major stories happen and solo books spin out of.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

IT'S PRIME TIME, SON.

I haven't actually reached the part yet where he says that, but Snyder revealed that a later arc will have Luthor exploring timelines via the 6th dimension - given Snyder directly frames that in terms of being a shocking level above what we know with Mxzptlk and the 5th, I imagine this'll be the Superman-centric arc (I wonder if he'll bring up the Cathexis?).
    Buh-bye

The Legion news is very good. The way Bendis views them, maybe he has the sense that no one in DC has had in a long time now, and that's that the team is just not popular enough anymore to support their own standalone right out of the gate. They have to be built up again, fans have to be made to care about them again. And the best place to do that is as "guests" in Superman's story at first, the same way they started. Then you branch them back out again as standalone if warranted.

But I hate Superboy Prime so that news does absolutely nothing for me.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-16-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Hmm, maybe the post I read confused connor with superboy prime for some reason. And all of that sounds exciting. I love the idea of JL being the book where major stories happen and solo books spin out of.
    It's during the twitter questions section. He says that Conner will be coming back, and that there are "big" plans for him "and those characters" (likely his generation), but they'll be coming about somewhere else outside of Justice League. The interviewer guessed it would go down in Superman, and Snyder sarcastically says "why would it happen in a place like that?" So, at the very least it's possible Bendis will be the one to reinstate Conner before he's shipped off to likely YJ.

I'm really, really thinking it's gonna be framed as a spiritual successor to hyper-tension given how Bendis is laying some bread crumbs about future timelines and the multiverse in his run. I'd even bet Prime will be invloved given how Snyder says he'll likely function outside of JL and that some ending portion of 2018 and apparently a chunk of 2019 will be prime-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They have to be built up again, fans have to be made to care about them again. And the best place to do that is as "guests" in Superman's story at first, the same way they started. Then you branch them back out again as standalone if warranted.
    Say it with me now: United Planets
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So I didn't listen yet, but apparently Snyder said in this interview Superboy Prime will show up soon, but it won't be in the Justice League book or in Bendis's run..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGv4sdjseGg

Good Lord Snyder can't keep a secret to save his life can he lol? Some really fascinating stuff there.

Also, don't know why I didn't slightly show my hype over it before, but Snyder had Frank Quitely as like the first artist that came to mind that he'd like to work with if possible.

Like, Imma tell you now: I buy literally every scrap of Frank Quitely art I can get my hands on. That big ass art book DC put out for him a bit ago was a god send. So trust and believe that I would buy whatever hypothetical project Snyder would work with him on. But if for some reason the stars have aligned and the universe decides to up its awesome factor and Snyder gets him on like the upcoming JL annual or some other JL special project and it happens to line up with the Superman centered arc or Superboy Prime era.....then in the immortal words of Carl Weathers....