Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Ironic that Snyder tells a better Superman story in a one off slice of life issue of Justice League than the majority, certainly the ending, of his Unchained run. Out of all the comics Snyder's done, Unchained is one he talks about very little compared with Batman, Metal, American Vampire etc.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Ironic that Snyder tells a better Superman story in a one off slice of life issue of Justice League than the majority, certainly the ending, of his Unchained run. Out of all the comics Snyder's done, Unchained is one he talks about very little compared with Batman, Metal, American Vampire etc.
    That's a bit sad. I actually enjoyed Superman: Unchained, even if the schedule problems and rushed storyline ultimately hurt the final product. It was certainly more enjoyable than Scott Lobdell's era and the entire Truth saga.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    That's a bit sad. I actually enjoyed Superman: Unchained, even if the schedule problems and rushed storyline ultimately hurt the final product. It was certainly more enjoyable than Scott Lobdell's era and the entire Truth saga.
    Agreed, it was definitely better than both of those story arcs. I did enjoy most of it, especially issue 2 and 8.

OK I haven't seen this yet myself but it's probably in one of Snyder's NYCC videos or interviews. Apparently Snyder says JL 20-21 will be about Mxy and the other dimensions. I presume this will be the Superman focused arc of his JL run.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    OK I haven't seen this yet myself but it's probably in one of Snyder's NYCC videos or interviews. Apparently Snyder says JL 20-21 will be about Mxy and the other dimensions. I presume this will be the Superman focused arc of his JL run.
    I was just watching it.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Watching the video, Snyder specifically says it's another 6-issue arc, one where Mxy comes to the League to explain that the multiversal consequences of Metal have extended upwards dimensionally, leading into an odyssey through the 6th.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Watching the video, Snyder specifically says it's another 6-issue arc, one where Mxy comes to the League to explain that the multiversal consequences of Metal have extended upwards dimensionally, leading into an odyssey through the 6th.
    F**k yeah. I am so digging this book right now.

Also, does Metal prove that Batman is the biggest villain and d-bag in the universe? Seriously, all of this is because Bruce didn't feel like sharing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    F**k yeah. I am so digging this book right now.

Also, does Metal prove that Batman is the biggest villain and d-bag in the universe? Seriously, all of this is because Bruce didn't feel like sharing.
    As much as I respect Batman as a character and icon, even I think he goes a bit too far in his war against crime, as seen with the Tower of Babel and Brother Eye incidents. In modern times, Batman is used as a barometer for what is considered morally acceptable for an A-list superhero.

Oh, Bruce is the worst. What's that line from the Ultron Avengers movie? "He can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it."? I feel like that's the territory Bruce has fallen into since DKR.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Minor bit from a new interview: Snyder mentions that the Sixth Dimension arc will include "the history of the DC Crises". Given Supermen have been at the center of all of them, this might clarify some of his current history.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

I'm taking a break from the JL book until "Drowned Earth" concludes as I don't collect Aquaman, when does normal business resume?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm taking a break from the JL book until "Drowned Earth" concludes as I don't collect Aquaman, when does normal business resume?
    Justice League #13, but the Aquaman issues are just tie-ins, only JL and the two one-shots make up the story proper. No need to skip on those grounds.
    Buh-bye

Master Hero Vladimir

Looks like Francis Manapul is finally bringing his A-game to Superman at least in this book. Compared to this, his Action Comics variant covers look kinda rushed.
    Superman.jpg

Given this is very much not his story, Superman put on a solid showing in Drowned Earth this week, spoilers:
    being the only one to make any kind of effective fightback against the Space Kraken with a sonic booming clap heard 'round the world, until he's taken down by one of the triumvirate of sea gods - and even there by using magic to seal him off from the sun, rather than necessarily equaling his power directly.
    end of spoilers This is pretty much exactly the degree to which I want Superman to assert himself as the big gun in a Justice League story where he's not a focus.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 10-31-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

One of the JL editors, Rebecca Taylor, has departed from DC

https://www.newsarama.com/42619-dc-e...s-company.html