Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

I wonder what force will be connected to Superman now that and Hawgirl is connected to the Totality and Aquaman has a link with the Life Force.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I wonder what force will be connected to Superman now that and Hawgirl is connected to the Totality and Aquaman has a link with the Life Force.
    His arc's going into the 6th dimension with Mxyzptlk as a guide and will apparently go into the history of the Crises which he was always ultimately the main character of, so maybe his own nature as a fundamental aspect of the multiverse ala Superman Beyond?
    Buh-bye

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Given this is very much not his story, Superman put on a solid showing in Drowned Earth this week, spoilers:
    being the only one to make any kind of effective fightback against the Space Kraken with a sonic booming clap heard 'round the world, until he's taken down by one of the triumvirate of sea gods - and even there by using magic to seal him off from the sun, rather than necessarily equaling his power directly.
    end of spoilers This is pretty much exactly the degree to which I want Superman to assert himself as the big gun in a Justice League story where he's not a focus.
    When was the last time that Superman was the most important character in a Justice League story? Don't get me wrong, Drowned Earth shapes up to be amazing and I'm looking forward to the new Aquaman movie, but in these last few years, it looks like other Justice League members get the spotlight in many epic story arcs that changed in the DC Universe in one way or another. Wonder Woman had the Darkseid War, Batman had Dark Nights: Metal and now Aquaman has Drowned Earth. When will Superman get his chance to shine?

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    When was the last time that Superman was the most important character in a Justice League story? Don't get me wrong, Drowned Earth shapes up to be amazing and I'm looking forward to the new Aquaman movie, but in these last few years, it looks like other Justice League members get the spotlight in many epic story arcs that changed in the DC Universe in one way or another. Wonder Woman had the Darkseid War, Batman had Dark Nights: Metal and now Aquaman has Drowned Earth. When will Superman get his chance to shine?
    Superman is the focus of the Fourth Arc- which will have Mxyzptlk and the 4th Dimension
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I could turn that around and ask when was the last time JL focused on Flash, Cyborg, or GL? Supes was a big player in both of the stories you mentioned, Aquaman hasn’t been the focus since Throne of Atlantis and now he’s getting some time to shine, (admittedly as part of movie synergy). The next arc is about the 6th dimension and I’m sure Supes will get his time to shine there, especially with Mxy playing an important role in that arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I could turn that around and ask when was the last time JL focused on Flash, Cyborg, or GL? Supes was a big player in both of the stories you mentioned, Aquaman hasn’t been the focus since Throne of Atlantis and now he’s getting some time to shine, (admittedly as part of movie synergy). The next arc is about the 6th dimension and I’m sure Supes will get his time to shine there, especially with Mxy playing an important role in that arc.
    Thats Two Arcs time. After Drowned Earth we have a Thanagar Prime Arc which is confimed to involve Shayara, then its Mxy
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

His arc's going into the 6th dimension with Mxyzptlk as a guide and will apparently go into the history of the Crises which he was always ultimately the main character of, so maybe his own nature as a fundamental aspect of the multiverse ala Superman Beyond?
    Hyper sense? Hey, we've talked about Clark having "multiverse vision" and being aware of his multiple realities.......what're the odds Snyder is going in that direction here?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    One of the JL editors, Rebecca Taylor, has departed from DC

https://www.newsarama.com/42619-dc-e...s-company.html
    Sounds like a real shame. I don't get DC's current demand that so many of its staff be local. A lot of that work can be done digitally.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Justice League #19

Buh-bye

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Justice League #19

Is it already known from which issue to which issue is the arc that focus on Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is it already known from which issue to which issue is the arc that focus on Superman?
    I believe Snyder said Superman's arc starts in February, and I know he's said it's 6 issues.
    Buh-bye

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I believe Snyder said Superman's arc starts in February, and I know he's said it's 6 issues.
    Thanks. Issues 17/22 then.

Master Hero Vladimir

Every time I read a Justice League comic book, I end up asking questions like "How does Superman factor into this story?" or "How can this story be about Superman?", even when those stories are supposed to give focus to other characters, like Aquaman or the Flash. If you people tell me that I'm focusing too much on Superman, then you might be right; I mean, if I wanted a story with Superman as the main character, I could be reading Action Comics or Superman. For me, there can never be too much Superman. He is my favorite superhero and I'm willing to see what DC can do with the character and his community in the foreseeable future. DC isn't wrong in giving focus to specific characters in ensemble stories, but I have this idea that if Superman is gonna show up in one of those stories, then there has to be a good reason for his appearance.

Not much Superman focus in the latest issue, but he does get the baller line spoilers:
    "We need to evacuate the planet! He's going to explode!"
    end of spoilers

Plus of course the recent stuff about the Superman-centric Sixth Dimension arc, a thread that should probably be folded into this.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

JL Anual#1

Oh shoot, that's what you call an escalation.

spoilers:
    Nice to see Brainiac back, but boy was this a major set back for the League. The source wall is now completely destroyed, the multiverse only has months left, the wall's prisoner is in Lex and Brainy's possession, and the Thangarians and the GLC/Guardians are royally cheesed off at Earth
    end of spoilers