Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    It would honestly make sense to place her in Homecoming 2 (as a smaller, tease).
    As long as it's not Peter and Kamala attending the same school. I don't want Kamala being from Queens. She's a Jersey girl.

Really looking forward to this. And I know it’s unlikely but I’d like to see Lockjaw in this movie.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    As long as it's not Peter and Kamala attending the same school. I don't want Kamala being from Queens. She's a Jersey girl.
    True, it would be kind of disappointing if they transplanted her. Although there's a huge Desi community in Queens so frankly, it would make more sense for Peter to have more South Asian classmates besides just Flash.

I liked Homecoming a lot, and I think the reason it worked so well is because it borrowed from stuff like Miles Morales' story and Ms. Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    True, it would be kind of disappointing if they transplanted her. Although there's a huge Desi community in Queens so frankly, it would make more sense for Peter to have more South Asian classmates besides just Flash.
    Well, there's Sajani Jaffrey, but I can't say I have any desire to see her show up in the movies .

Though I guess there would also be too many similarities to their revamp of Flash.
    I liked Homecoming a lot, and I think the reason it worked so well is because it borrowed from stuff like Miles Morales' story and Ms. Marvel.
    That's actually some of the points I didn't really like that much in Homecoming, if only because I don't think Peter needed to steal the best friend character of his successor or the hero-worship angle of Kamala (which I think is what you're getting at?).

It just didn't feel like Spider-Man to me.

I'm excited and curious as to how it plays out.

Marvel will be scraping the barrel with this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Really looking forward to this. And I know it’s unlikely but I’d like to see Lockjaw in this movie.
    Now that you mention it, it'll be interesting to see how they handle her origin since they probably won't touch on the Inhuman element at all.

Maybe that'll be where the Eternals come in?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's actually some of the points I didn't really like that much in Homecoming, if only because I don't think Peter needed to steal the best friend character of his successor or the hero-worship angle of Kamala (which I think is what you're getting at?).

It just didn't feel like Spider-Man to me.
    I was thinking more of how Homecoming portrayed Peter's school life. I think Ms. Marvel is the most recent superhero comic to spend such a large proportion of its time inside of a high school, and there were shades of Wilson in how they wrote some of the interactions. I'm especially thinking of how inconsequential the "bullying" was -- Peter was, at the end of the day, still technically friends with his bully and he got along fine with most kids at school. Which is pretty realistic for that kind of high school. I didn't care much for the hero worship either, but I understood why they did that.

Yeah, it's a little iffy that they just stole Ganke to give to Peter, but the movie just wouldn't have worked without Ned. At least there was some kind of positive representation even though Miles isn't on screen. I'm kind of a Spider-Man scrub so I don't really know enough to judge whether or not a Spider-Man movie feels like a good adaptation. I just enjoyed watching it a lot.

Extraordinary Member

It would be so hilarious if the movies made her a mutant because no one in the MCU knows what an Inhuman is.

Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    Marvel will be scraping the barrel with this movie.
    Nah, scraping the barrel would be if they gave Richard Rider a movie.

Yeah, Richard Rider is boring, that's right, I goddamn said it.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It would be so hilarious if the movies made her a mutant because no one in the MCU knows what an Inhuman is.
    And then to see if Marvel will actually retcon her origin to make her a Mutant to match the movies .

I don't think any of the Novas (Rich or Sam) are boring if handled well, they just offer different stories with the same concept.

Although if they used Sam, I'd be curious to see if they eventually adapted Rich's Worldmind and re-forming of the Nova Corps. storyline from the DnA run. Maybe even his costume?

I'm also curious if, whoever they have as Nova, they try and shove into being Spider-Man's Superhero friend/rival before they get to use the Human Torch.

Amazing Member

I like the idea of her having movie but what i personally wished to have is a Direct to video animated movie with an adaptation of the first volumes of her solo focused only in kamala herself and her supporting characters. I know about Rissing but i found it very heterogeneous and i don,t like team groups too much unless they are born as a team or belong to the same tier(street level, cosmic) or have some very important core idea together.
    I really miss to have more focused animation with direct to the point stories and with a single character, i think that is really a missed oportunity not having announced one and sell it around the same date that the MCU Captain Marvel Carol movie, it could have been a very cute detail. I also think that is a shame that there wasn,t a Blade(as a wishfull think with Snipes as a voice actor, it could have been very symbolic) or a Luke Cage animated movie coming around with Black Panther. I will have loved to see Marvel using the MCU succes to do more parallel proyects but in small scale in animation.

You're both wrong Miss America is the bottom of the barrel

Extraordinary Member

The sequel is said to be global, so many opportunities.

I rather she just get a solo movie than being introduced in homecoming 2 or captain marvel 2.

She could appear in Young Avengers but i rather she be fully formed when they find her.

PS. Sleepwalker is bottom of the barrel.