Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Marvel planning Ms Marvel movie!

Took them long enough. Now where is our live action moon girl movie Disney?

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...captain-marvel

I'd be interested in this, more so than a Captain Marvel movie.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

"Took them long enough"

Not really. She was created in 2014... I'm happy though! And nice that they care about her connection to Carol. I wonder if Kamala's gonna get a cameo on Avengers 4. About Moon Girl I think she would probably fit better as an animation like Big Hero.

You do realise they only said they had plans for MCU Kamala, right? They didn't actually say she'd get her own solo film. Could be Captain Marvel 2 around three or four years from now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Plans ≠ Movie
    We need better comics

Yeah, I'd be excited for the possibility, but until we get a full official statement, announcement or whatever, for now this is just a plan. And plans can change.

On top of which we wouldn't even know the full extent of what exactly may happen with the character. An easter egg/allusion? Supporting role to Carol in a second movie? Protagonist and star of her own movie? And would she even be in a movie? She might end up going to television.

wow. I mean this is a new character we are talking about. Well I guess Marvel knows what they are doing. Give the people what they want
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    On top of which we wouldn't even know the full extent of what exactly may happen with the character. An easter egg/allusion? Supporting role to Carol in a second movie? Protagonist and star of her own movie? And would she even be in a movie? She might end up going to television.
    Yeah it doesn't confirm that it's her solo movie and plans can change, but are you seriously saying he would go around on interviews telling there are plans for an easter egg? LOL. And Feige doesn't work, talk or makes any decisions on the TV side(unless it's to say characters can't be used there because there are already plans for them on the movies).

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Plans ≠ Movie
    I was about to say the same thing. They have plans to use her in some capacity. Doesn't mean you should expect a full feature starring the character. More likely to be part of the Captain Marvel mythos or a part of another film. Baby steps my friends.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Took them long enough"

Not really. She was created in 2014...
    Dang I keep forgetting how young the character is.

Not to mention the MCU in-universe is still very young, only been 6 years since the Avengers first got together. And its street-level side only recently got acquainted with each other a year ago-in universe. So I think in terms of worldbuilding, the pace is good to not introduce Kamala until Phase 4.

Anyway super stoked to possibly see the character in live action one day.

Feige commenting on it means it's probably on the movie-side, since I feel like he wouldn't comment on tv-side plans. That makes me wonder if they'll include her Inhuman origin and friendship with Lockjaw. On the one hand with Inhumans cancelled and Agents of Shield's fate still up in air, those concepts and characters could possibly be fair game to incorporate into the movie-side without worrying about coordinating with the tv writers and their production timeline. But would Feige wanna deal with that baggage given Inhumans' failure and the general Inhuman concept only being a big deal in Agents of Shield (3 years in-universe with no mention in the movies)?
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Took them long enough. Now where is our live action moon girl movie Disney?
    Moon girl and devil dinosaur will have a animated series by the way.

Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur Animated Series In the Works - CBR
    https://www.cbr.com/moon-girl-devil-...imated-series/