Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Nah, scraping the barrel would be if they gave Richard Rider a movie.

Yeah, Richard Rider is boring, that's right, I goddamn said it.
    !!!! You're dead to me!!!!

Nah, just kidding. I do love me some Richard Rider though, and utterly disagree with you that he's boring.

So, it seems to me that our wonderful Ms. Khan won't be showing up in Captain Marvel, even as an infant. The 90's is too far back for that, though perhaps Carol will save a young couple from Pakistan newly arrived in America?

And if Carol's been off world for so long no one even knows she exists, that means Kamala either can't be a uber-fan, or her debut is still a few years away post-Avengers 4.

My guess is she'll appear in Captain Marvel 2.....though I wouldn't rule out a cameo in Spidey 2 first, just to set the stage. It wouldn't even have to be a matter of Kamala being relocated to Queens, it could be the next academic decathlon or a school field trip or anything.

However it plays out, I'm sure they'll do great with the character and I'm looking forward to it!

Of course, Nova will be far better when he arrives.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    Marvel will be scraping the barrel with this movie.
    You mean the studio that already made hit movies out of Scott Lang and the Guardians of the Galaxy?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Took them long enough"

Not really. She was created in 2014...
    Dang I keep forgetting how young the character is.

Not to mention the MCU in-universe is still very young, only been 6 years since the Avengers first got together. And its street-level side only recently got acquainted with each other a year ago-in universe. So I think in terms of worldbuilding, the pace is good to not introduce Kamala until Phase 4.

Anyway super stoked to possibly see the character in live action one day.

Feige commenting on it means it's probably on the movie-side, since I feel like he wouldn't comment on tv-side plans. That makes me wonder if they'll include her Inhuman origin and friendship with Lockjaw. On the one hand with Inhumans cancelled and Agents of Shield's fate still up in air, those concepts and characters could possibly be fair game to incorporate into the movie-side without worrying about coordinating with the tv writers and their production timeline. But would Feige wanna deal with that baggage given Inhumans' failure and the general Inhuman concept only being a big deal in Agents of Shield (3 years in-universe with no mention in the movies)?
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Yeah I don't see how this would be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Guardians and Ant-Man were pretty much a sign that they could adapt anything and very few would question it. By this point, scraping the barrel would be adapting the likes of US-Ace, Brute Force, or Shang-Chi.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Yeah I don't see how this would be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Guardians and Ant-Man were pretty much a sign that they could adapt anything and very few would question it. By this point, scraping the barrel would be adapting the likes of US-Ace, Brute Force, or Shang-Chi.
    Hey now, Shang-Chi's cool. Shang-Chi should be brought into the MCU.

Perfect way to introduce InHumans fully into the MCU~!

And glad to hear about Moon Girl. I was thinking about these two this morning. ^_^
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Spectacular Member

One of Infinity War's best moments was

spoilers:
    Thor's entrance into the Battle of Wakanda alongside fricken Rocket and teen Groot
    end of spoilers

How are people still trying to argue that [insert character here] is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    Marvel will be scraping the barrel with this movie.
    Ms Marvel is scrapping the barrel?

The most successful female of color at Marvel? Not counting She Hulk.

The female of color who only trails Cassandra Cain (and depending who you are Catwoman) for most solo issues between the big two.

The female whose trade DOMINATE digital sales and for a long time she was the taking everyone to the cleaners including Batman.

She is scraping the barrel?

Not Manthing-who actually has a MOVIE.
    Not Antman-who has 2 movies.
    Not GOTG-whose solos FLOPPED.

She has way more solo issues than ALL of them.

Maybe Marvel should scrap some more. Because they haven't hit bottom yet. At least until Storm gets one. Since no one cares about her unless you have a write hijack a billion dollar movie maker's book. WAIT......... that is happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by nickytesla96 View Post
    Not to mention the MCU in-universe is still very young, only been 6 years since the Avengers first got together. And its street-level side only recently got acquainted with each other a year ago-in universe. So I think in terms of worldbuilding, the pace is good to not introduce Kamala until Phase 4.
    Unless we're just talking movies, where the street-level side is basically just Spider-Man (and only marginally compared to the comics).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Hey now, Shang-Chi's cool. Shang-Chi should be brought into the MCU.
    And if one good thing came out of the Iron Fist show is opening up Shang to a more high-profile movie appearance .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's just really weird to think that Kamala in the MCU might be close in age to Peter Parker.
    They've done some kids books with Spidey and Ms. Marvel being peers.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    They've done some kids books with Spidey and Ms. Marvel being peers.
    You mean Marvel Super Hero Adventures?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think it's way too early for Kamala to debut as Ms. Marvel in the MCU. Maybe they can have her as a civilian and set up the Ms. Marvel thing for later. I just think Carol has to be established as a hero in the MCU first before getting a spin-off. But it's great to know Feige & co. are aware of her existence and would like her to be a part of the MCU. She's definitely one of the most positive Marvel creations of the last few years and had such a big cultural and social impact on Marvel Comics in such a short time. She really deserves a platform to be even bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    And Feige doesn't work, talk or makes any decisions on the TV side(unless it's to say characters can't be used there because there are already plans for them on the movies).
    True, but Feige has been in charge of productions that were cancelled and turned into TV shows later on (Runaways, Inhumans), so Xalfrea is not completely wrong in that there is a possibility that current movie plans can turn into TV plans in the future. Either way, I think TV wouldn't be the best option for Kamala because of her powerset, specially if it's a solo show.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    She could appear in Young Avengers but i rather she be fully formed when they find her.
    I'm really defensive and passionate when it comes to Young Avengers, so I wouldn't want that. I want the YA to debut in the MCU with the Heinberg roster; later on, they can add more people if they want, but even then characters who were a part of the group should take priority over any other unrelated characters, IMO. If Kamala absolutely needs a team right away, then they should go with the Champions, which is her actual team in the comics.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-13-2018 at 09:32 PM.

If they ever do the Young Avengers onscreen I wouldn't expect it to strictly follow the original comics. So far no team movie Marvel's done has. So I could see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    At least until Storm gets one. Since no one cares about her unless you have a write hijack a billion dollar movie maker's book. WAIT......... that is happening now.
    Bruh I think the axe is ground enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Perfect way to introduce InHumans fully into the MCU~!
    Just given how horribly the Inhumans have tanked in the MCU, I don't see them heavily playing up that connection. Still, Lockjaw would be cute.

Excited to see Kamala Khan getting some attention, but I think her character would be a better fit for a TV series. Part of the appeal of the comics is how she balances being a superhero with being a teenager, being Muslim, and being Pakistani American. A series can delve into those things more than a movie.