Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    If they ever do the Young Avengers onscreen I wouldn't expect it to strictly follow the original comics. So far no team movie Marvel's done has. So I could see that happening.
    Well, there are changes, and then there's shoehorning... Both teams Marvel has in their movies absolutely prioritized the characters that were relevant to the stories and/or period of comics they were adapting. ALL characters on GOTG are founding members of DnA's run, and we know some of the remaining characters from that run are also likely to come before any other unrelated character. The Avengers have had MANY rosters, but Marvel obviously chose to prioritize characters from the Lee/Kirby era, which makes sense. They even planned for Ant-Man and Wasp to be founding members, something that only didn't happen because of the problems they had with the Ant-Man movie.

So I understand changes being made to YA in the MCU, but I'm still expecting the characters related to that franchise and/or that period of comics to be a priority over someone like Ms. Marvel. Not to mention their publication history is much smaller compared to the Avengers, so it would be easier to choose to focus on characters from that single run, just like it was with GOTG. Plus, Kamala has a lot more to bring to a franchise like Champions, because not only it's her established habitat in the comics, but she wouldn't feel as redundant, as the YA already have a Captain Marvel shapeshifting legacy AND a size-changing hero. And if they absolutely HAVE to make changes, then I believe those changes should reflect the franchise. Like, if they can't use Eli Bradley because of his comic book rights, then it makes sense to put America Chavez to replace him, because she has a history with the group, her origin story is directly related to one of the founding members AND she has the looks to be the ''patriotic'' figure of the group. That would be a change from the source material, but it would be more reasonable than to think Kamala would be the first natural choice to replace him.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. Like I said, I'm very passionate about this particular group, so I want their live action version to be as close to what I'm invested on as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by la-femme-amelie View Post
    Excited to see Kamala Khan getting some attention, but I think her character would be a better fit for a TV series. Part of the appeal of the comics is how she balances being a superhero with being a teenager, being Muslim, and being Pakistani American. A series can delve into those things more than a movie.
    I agree that a lot of her story would develop better on a serial narrative, but like I said just above, budget could and probably would be a problem. A solo show would have to put Kamala front and center as a hero, which means her powers would have to be the ones displayed the most. The Flash already struggles with the special effects for Elongated Man's powers, and he's not even the main star of the show. I wouldn't be against it, but Marvel Television would REALLY have to step up their game to make it visually appealing. No Inhumans level of cheap production, please.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-13-2018 at 11:45 PM.

What took them so long?

Kamala Kahn herself in the MCU.

Finally.
    Last edited by Rod G; 05-31-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

There is no "scrapping the barrel" in the MCU.
    Or maybe there is ONLY "scrapping the barrel" when it's a character who is not Spidey, Hulk, or maybe Cap America.

If Ms Marvel is scrapping the barrel, then Iron Man is scrapping the barrel. Dr Strange is scrapping the barrel. Black Panther is scrapping the barrel. Starwho is scrapping the barrel.
    Outside of comics readers, almost nobody cared about them. And look at them now.
    So, please, Marvel Studios, keep scrapping the barrel.
    Give us Ms Marvel. Give us Nova. Give us the freaking Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    They've done some kids books with Spidey and Ms. Marvel being peers.
    Of course, they'd also be peers if the new Spider-Man cartoon crossed over with the Avengers one (the continuity is totally wacky there - the Nova from Ultimate Spider-Man appeared in GOTG - both GOTG and Avengers Assemble are supposed to be in Ultimate Spider-Man's 'verse - and then the Peter from the new Spider-Man cartoon appeared!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'll admit to wanting a Ms. M movie & hoping it's a ridiculous smash hit for several reasons.

Whether TV show or movie, Kamala and her world needs to be in an animated format. Her powers alone are not designed for live-action, plus there's a certain aspect of her comic's portrayal of Jersey that lends itself better to animation (like Alphona's background gags and The Inventor's preference for mechanized giant animals).
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

that's wonderful news. kamala will be a fantastic addition to the mcu

hope they create a member of her rogues gallery that I actually want to see in live-action.

I'm actually kind of curious to see what they'd for for a Ms. Marvel movie trilogy. Her adventures and stories don't seem to warrant any kind of big-budget motion picture, which is where I can see the argument for why it would work better as a TV show.

I guess I could see her origin and fight with the Inventor serving as the first movie, and an adaption of her Civil War II arc, for the second...and maybe the current arc for the third film? But that's just me spit-balling there.

Though at least in a TV show we would probably see stuff like Zoe's story done justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Whether TV show or movie, Kamala and her world needs to be in an animated format. Her powers alone are not designed for live-action, plus there's a certain aspect of her comic's portrayal of Jersey that lends itself better to animation (like Alphona's background gags and The Inventor's preference for mechanized giant animals).
    I'd actually be kind of curious to see them do an animated MCU entry.

The cartoons basically ape the movies (sometimes to their detriment), but we haven't really had any kind of animated tie-in.

Tbh for those saying she should be on the TV rather than films I see Ms Marvel as the same as Spider-Man where they're a smaller low key hero who works on balancing life-heroics, relationships etc and he's worked well on film. Also her powers scream the need of a decent budget like embiggening and shrinking and even more so if they use someone like the Inventor as a villain with the weird stuff they would bring.
    Last edited by jump; 05-15-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Yeah, it's powers, not backstory, that determine whether a character is TV or film. Look at Luke Cage, his powers are super strength and being bulletproof. Jessica Jones, flight and super strength. Iron Fist, martial arts. Punisher, guns and a van. Daredevil, heightened senses and acrobatics. None of those powers are CG heavy, though they did seriously tone down Jessica's flight.

And honestly, by the time Kamala has a film out, she'll no longer be appearing in Avengers, which will probably have been replaced on Disney XD by a successor. So maybe she'd get a cartoon as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Echoing pretty much what others said. Her powers would most likely not look good in a live-action tv series with her as the solo focus.
    Last edited by nickytesla96; 05-15-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm actually kind of curious to see what they'd for for a Ms. Marvel movie trilogy. Her adventures and stories don't seem to warrant any kind of big-budget motion picture, which is where I can see the argument for why it would work better as a TV show.
    Well they could take a page out of DC Super Hero Girls & Gotham Academy-why not do a Avenger Academy trilogy for tv like we saw with High School Musical (without the songs). Do a final film for the big screen.

We got Marvel Rising-there is your cast and maybe toss in Miles, Jubliee, Gentle, Gen X kids and Cho Hulk. At least you would have your younger generation introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well they could take a page out of DC Super Hero Girls & Gotham Academy-why not do a Avenger Academy trilogy for tv like we saw with High School Musical (without the songs). Do a final film for the big screen.

We got Marvel Rising-there is your cast and maybe toss in Miles, Jubliee, Gentle, Gen X kids and Cho Hulk. At least you would have your younger generation introduced.
    I'd be down for that, just don't throw Spider-Man into it (gives me some Ultimate Spider-Man flashbacks) .