Default How many female led titles are there in fresh start?

How many female led books (like X-Men Red) and female solo books are in fresh start? And how does it compare to previous years?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Excluding Minis

X-23
    X-Men Red
    West Coast Avengers

Whatever replaces X-Men Gold will count too, if Kitty remains in charge.

Champions definitely counts as female led, as five of the eight members are female including leader Ms Marvel. Ms Marvel itself counts as well (issue 32/LGY#51 is described as a jumping on point), as does Exiles (led by Blink).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Don't forget Domino.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Life of Captain Marvel and its following ongoing.
    Exiles with Blink and Granny Kamala
    X-23: The Demoted Years

BANNED

Not nearly enough. There are ones that people haven't mentioned though:

Runaways (Nico Minoru is the leader and de facto protagonist and only two of the six team members are male.)
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur

And if you wanna stretch it and count minis:
    New Mutants: Dead Souls ( Magik is the main character)
    Ant-Man & The Wasp (Co-lead by Nadia)

Compared to previous years, Fresh S**t has left Marvel in a sorry state.

Have they announced everything yet?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Aren’t we supposed to be getting a Jessica Jones book this fall? I’m just going based off that page at the end of the last run by Bendis.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

We're definitely getting something with Jessica Jones; there's an unnanounced Jessica Jones collection solicited for the end of the year. There's also the Cloak and Dagger mini out on Comixology today. So that makes:
    Ms. Marvel
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
    X-23
    Domino
    Ant-Man and the Wasp (mini)
    Cloak and Dagger (mini)
    Life of Captain Marvel (Which will definitely be followed by yet another Captain Marvel relaunch)
    Marvel Rising (Continuing through September)
    Wakanda Forever (Ending in August)
    A likely Jessica Jones book (maybe a surprise GN?) coming soon

And then:
    WCA
    Champions
    Runaways
    X-Men Red
    New Mutants (mini)

It's not so bad if your low bar is literally having no female series which uh, Marvel has done as recently as 2011 when they cancelled all their female led ongoings, but it could and should always be better. I wouldn't complain if they announced a new Black Widow book anytime soon or any other title, really.
    Last edited by responsarbre; 06-06-2018 at 04:44 PM. Reason: I mentioned Cloak and Dagger at the top but forgot to put it in my actual list...

I’m going to make the argument for ASM: Renew Your Vows. Now that is has jumped to the future and Annie is in high school, the book has moved it’s focus to her and her journey. If you aren’t reading this book, give it a try! It has quickly become one of my favorite series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I’m going to make the argument for ASM: Renew Your Vows. Now that is has jumped to the future and Annie is in high school, the book has moved it’s focus to her and her journey. If you aren’t reading this book, give it a try! It has quickly become one of my favorite series.
    Same here, I largely bought the first Legacy issue because it was done by Nick Roche and I am hooked.

Kate Bishop will be leading West Coast Avengers starting in August

I see that one more as a Parker family series than a specific character's story (I mean, Annie has been the star character, but the last one was about her parents), but given that it does give a couple female characters at least co-staring role, so I'd count it. (Personally, I think that the original run was stronger than the current stuff, but I will agree that it's been a consistent favorite of mine.)

Also worth noting, Marvel's Star Wars lineup includes the female-lead Doctor Aphra series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    It's not so bad if your low bar is literally having no female series which uh, Marvel has done as recently as 2011 when they cancelled all their female led ongoings, but it could and should always be better. I wouldn't complain if they announced a new Black Widow book anytime soon or any other title, really.
    If the movie really happens, then a Black Widow relaunch is pretty much inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I see that one more as a Parker family series than a specific character's story (I mean, Annie has been the star character, but the last one was about her parents), but given that it does give a couple female characters at least co-staring role, so I'd count it. (Personally, I think that the original run was stronger than the current stuff, but I will agree that it's been a consistent favorite of mine.).
    And it's pretty much the only book where Mary Jane Watson is in anything close to a leading role, especially in the last issue, so I'd give it points for that alone.