BANNED

Default Looking for an artist

I want a 16 x 20 inch poster of a panel I saw in a comic book. I don't feel like scanning it now but it is from when Cable was with Hope escaping Bishop. It's the one where Stryfe shows up in his telekinetic bubble and slams down around X-Force. Just wondering how much someone would charge to make this for me and in what medium they would make it. I would really prefer a good artist so it looks similar to the panel but much bigger. I'm guessing I probably won't be able to afford it because it would take some time to make but I'm just getting a feel for it and maybe I'll stay in touch and get it done when I have some more money.
    Thanks guys.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DeathStryfe View Post
    I want a 16 x 20 inch poster of a panel I saw in a comic book. I don't feel like scanning it now but it is from when Cable was with Hope escaping Bishop. It's the one where Stryfe shows up in his telekinetic bubble and slams down around X-Force. Just wondering how much someone would charge to make this for me and in what medium they would make it. I would really prefer a good artist so it looks similar to the panel but much bigger. I'm guessing I probably won't be able to afford it because it would take some time to make but I'm just getting a feel for it and maybe I'll stay in touch and get it done when I have some more money.
    Thanks guys.
    That's a though one, I am not an artist so I can't help, your best chance will be to go to a comic con 3 day event, you can find an artist there who would draw it for you.

BANNED

Cool I'm pretty sure there's one around here.

Thanks guys.
    Hi.
    I can help with that if you want such pic as digital 16*20.
    You can make print of it.

Won't be able to help if you want it with real inks and colors.

You can see my fanart pics here
    purplevit.tumblr.com

Just PM me if you will be intrested. I have my current fanart projests so I won't be able to help soon.

Amazing Member

Just so you have a sense of (price) scale, pencilers for "big" publishers (Marvel DC Image Dark Horse etc) start at around $100 a page. Lower than that and we're talking indie wages. Generally speaking. Generally a page is a day's work, though it can definitely go longer.

Inks are usually a good bit cheaper, maybe half that, on average. No idea about coloring.

Pushing the price down is the fact that you only want a single panel - artists love splash pages because you only have to design and render the one panel; a page is much less work that way.

In other words, don't pay any more than $150 for finished inks. And set out to pay a good deal less if you aren't getting "big three" quality.

Warning: my info's pretty old so don't quote me (haha).
    Last edited by JQP; 05-14-2018 at 11:19 AM.

BANNED

I don't have time to PM you right now Purplevit but you are an amazing artist. I am definitely interested; I'll PM you later. Thanks.

I don't have time to PM you right now Purplevit but you are an amazing artist. I am definitely interested; I'll PM you later. Thanks.
    Thanks. Glad that you liked

Tracing and reselling original art? I'd do it for $50 but my lawyer would want $10,000 or so for the lawsuit.