Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Default What would it take to make a movie based on the Dungeons and Dragon 80's TV series

If Hollywood is all intent in rebooting and showcasing 80's tv shows and movie, I would like to see a live action film of Dungeon and Dragon animated tv show series .. at the time of showing Marvel had the rights, now I hear Warner has the right to the RPG game, but since the characters is actually unique to the tv series would it belong to Marvel or Warner.. it really doesn't matter who retains the right , I just want see it made .. and also I'm actually curious about the rights to it..

BANNED

Isn't people coming from the real world like in the cartoon the same premise as the Dungeons and Dragons movie from 2000?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The game itself is owned by Hasbro. The movie rights are currently being contested in court between Hasbro and Sweet Pea Entertainment, which is really a proxy fight between Warner Bros. and Universal.

BANNED

I'd sooner see a movie or tv series based on the various campaign settings. Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Dark Sun, Planescape, would all make excellent live action productions.

There is really a lot of better things to do with D&D than that.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Dragonlance would be the setting most likely to be adapted. Done right, the Chronicles trilogy could make a great trilogy of movies, and so could the Legends trilogy.

A Forgotten Realms movie would inevitably focus on Drizzt. But I'd rather see a FR movie in a more traditional high-fantasy setting with an ensemble cast. Maybe the Knights of Myth Drannor, or a group of original characters.