Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This story's nuts.

It feels like I'm waiting for a Naruto filler to end.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-14-2018 at 11:10 AM.

After what happened I think that is stupid that Booster says that he is the greatest hero.

BANNED

If that is what looks upsetting for you I`m going to wonder if you`ve read the story thus far.

Yeah, anyhow, Tom King.

Always Rakzo

Welp, this pretty much went the way that I expected. Not better nor worse than the last chapter.

Which is not something positive since last chapter was ATROCIOUS, one of the worst things I've ever read and while this one doesn't make it worse, it doesn't make it good either. Tons of awkward dialogue in every page along with a bunch of ideas that King probably thought were creative but they're not included in the story in a coherent way.

Worst of all, is that this pretty much goes with one of my biggest complaints about King's work, he simply focuses so much on a theme to the point of ruining characterization. The way how Booster has been acting during this arc goes completely against how his character work since he firmly believes that one can't change the past to create a better future, that's his whole premise. This storyline has done nothing but damage his image at its core (and the terrible dialogue doesn't help either).

Great art from Daniel but my God, what a terrible read.

BANNED

The wart was absolutely gorgeous

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really enjoyed this, don't get the hate.

who green lit this story.

It's just the same tired concept retold for the 201th time
    The J-man

Aww Bat-Punisher isn’t sticking around? Oh well. Man that was kind of a trip.

BANNED

Very very poor arc. It's a problem when you are trying to tell some serious story, yet it's the silliness of playing events that seems to be the sole factor by which fans cling to as their perceived measure of quality storytelling. Characterization was way way off in every sense for all parties involved, and the entire premise in the first place was completely senseless. Tom King really scrounged and stretched ideas past points of good intention all because he really wanted to tell this uninteresting story.

I imagine this arc will stand as a pretty good litmus test to tell which readers consign themselves to liking something with King's name on it before even reading it, solely BECAUSE they know he wrote it, and those who aren't quite so...dogmatic.

Haven't cared for these arcs (Everyone Loves Ivy, The Gift) that are obviously setting up King's Sanctuary story/book/event. Not that they aren't valid stories, just haven't cared for them in the context of the Batman/Catwoman story I have enjoyed.
    Last edited by klynn; 05-16-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

There is beauty in the sheer level of craftsmanship required to make a story this terrible.

It's like "The Room" of comic book arcs.

Somewhere Tom King is laughing his A*** off

BANNED

So, a friend of mine knowing my opinion on the last issues lend me to take a look. I said, okay, fine.

Biggest example of wankery I`ve seen in years and trees died for this.

The end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Somewhere Tom King is laughing his A*** off
    His trolling arse won`t be laughing with ma money no mo.