Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default How does the Joker know Batman is getting married?

As far as I can tell, the only wedding that has been announced is the wedding of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle. So, how does the Joker know that Batman is marrying Catwoman? Unless the Joker already knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman? What am I missing?

Also, Selina Kyle's infatuation with Batman isn't a secret - I don't think. Won't some of Batman's rogue's gallery make the connection that the man she is marrying is probably Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    As far as I can tell, the only wedding that has been announced is the wedding of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle. So, how does the Joker know that Batman is marrying Catwoman? Unless the Joker already knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman? What am I missing?

Also, Selina Kyle's infatuation with Batman isn't a secret - I don't think. Won't some of Batman's rogue's gallery make the connection that the man she is marrying is probably Batman?
    The answer to the first part of your post is the second part of your post.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The answer to the first part of your post is the second part of your post.
    So, you're saying that the Joker already knew that Batman was Bruce Wayne for some time but just never cared about it until now?

Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyla aren't getting married, Batman and Catwoman are, according to Nightwing vs Hush, so it explains how the Joker could learn about it.

BANNED

Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle aren't getting married. It's a bat family thing.

As for the Joker knowing who Batman is and not caring that is sort of obvious and has been since Jason died at least.

Doesn't actually explain how he knows about the wedding because when it comes to Joker writers depict him as a force of chaos yada dada, he just knows. I mean, you have a prologue where several ninjas from the LOA were slaugthered by the cat. How? We don't know, it's the Joker, man. He's a walking LT cartoon.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post

I think Seeley hinted that he was going to be discussing that in the Preludes in the first issue.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

So if Bruce & Selina aren't officially tying the knot, then it's not going to be a legal marriage. Which means it's insanely easy to undo when DC decides they don't want a married Batman anymore, because there will be no divorce involved. Unlike a hypothetical splitting of Lois & Clark, nobody would look bad here because the Big D isn't involved.

This is stupid, in my opinion. I totally dig the symbolism of 'Batman' and 'Catwoman' getting married, instead of their "masks" Bruce & Selina, but I just feel that if you're ever going to marry characters then it should be "official". These characters don't get very much character development due to the nature of comics, so I feel like if you're going to evolve them to this big step, then take the step. But doing it as Batman & Catwoman just seems like a way to undo it very quickly & put the toys back in the toybox (unless she gets pregnant, anyway).

It's also possible I'm missing something & overreacting, but based on that Nightwing preview this is my initial reaction.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

He's been reading the series

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

How The Joker ever able to do anything?
    I don't care... comics have shown that if it will happen it will happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyla aren't getting married, Batman and Catwoman are, according to Nightwing vs Hush, so it explains how the Joker could learn about it.
    Lol how is that

Fantastic Member

If their not getting married as Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle then what did Joker get in the mail in DC Nation? He went to some guy's house because he heard the invite was coming in the mail. Which I took as the guy knowing one of them. The man thought the concept of Batman and Catwoman getting married was ridiculous meaning he wasn't in on the secret.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    If their not getting married as Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle then what did Joker get in the mail in DC Nation? He went to some guy's house because he heard the invite was coming in the mail. Which I took as the guy knowing one of them. The man thought the concept of Batman and Catwoman getting married was ridiculous meaning he wasn't in on the secret.
    Um. Did you read the last page of the story? Joker got a school notice for the poor dude he murdered, and in his insane brain, it was the invitation. It was completely random.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Um. Did you read the last page of the story? Joker got a school notice for the poor dude he murdered, and in his insane brain, it was the invitation. It was completely random.
    I read it and it still made no sense to me. On the first read I thought it was something the dad already had. Did Joker kill her? If he did the dad doesn't act like a parent missing a child, it came off like he expected her to come through the door to me. Did the dad kill her?

If Joker murdered her then he invested a few days in this despite being obsessed in Batman. That's the kind of planning that can't be brushed aside by "his insane brain." That's not random. And claiming a "banana" told him they were getting married? Who told him, Booster Gold?

The Joker often operates as a spree killer. He doesn't need to take a few days to plan to kill someone, he takes a few minutes when the urge strikes him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    So if Bruce & Selina aren't officially tying the knot, then it's not going to be a legal marriage.
    I very much doubt they care about the legality of it all.