Extraordinary Member

Default Are Steph's and Cass's Stints as Batgirl Coming Back into Continuity?

https://www.cbr.com/stephanie-brown-...atgirl-return/

I haven't read the issue in question, but do you guys think this will eventually be another piece of continuity restored with Rebirth?

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

No, it seemed to be a tease at most, but who knows.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Hard to know for sure, we haven't seen any covers of Cass in the next arc of Detective after Tynion leaves and Steph is going to be MIA for who knows how long after Tynion's run ends.

As with anything continuity related with DC at the moment, I can only say...who knows ?

I doubt it. Since Tynion is leaving Tec soon, I imagine this was a way of appeasing Cass and Steph fans for sidelining them in favour of roughly 2 million Tim arcs. Neither Cass and Steph are particularly close to Babs and she is no longer a much older and mature role model. She acts the same age as them, it wouldn't make sense for her to train Cass and Steph as her protege. Also there is no need for 3 Batgirl and DC have made it pretty apparent that Oracle isn't coming back full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Also there is no need for 3 Batgirl and DC have made it pretty apparent that Oracle isn't coming back full time.
    Unless Margot Robbie and co. decide their Birds of Prey movie is better off with Oracle and a Cass or Steph Batgirl.

Extraordinary Member

It really depends on what will happen with Doomsday Clock and the Titans of Tomorrow.

When I understand it correctly the Titans of Tomorrow are from a different time line that is more similar to pre flashpoint. We will have to see how much of it will come back, in the main timeline. But it will probaly not happen in the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Unless Margot Robbie and co. decide their Birds of Prey movie is better off with Oracle and a Cass or Steph Batgirl.
    I feel like they're more likely to go off an active Barbara/Batgirl who can play off Robbie's Harley, but I guess you never know...

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Their Batgirl and pre-FP histories are never leaving my head canon, so it'd be nice if DC runs with that as well and restores their pasts.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Their Batgirl and pre-FP histories are never leaving my head canon.
    Same opinion.

About restores their pasts.. I see many difficulties. However, DC continue torturing Wally West with his past(something should happen).

There are two FLASH now, I mention this because both were batgirls, however, Steph will be more famous as Spoiler than ever after Young Justice Outsiders.. Maybe Cass chances to return to Batgirl tittle are bigger.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-15-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Doubt it. I actually felt that the latest tec issue killed the chance since they made Steph and Cass as Batgirls from another continuity, not something that was forgetten.

Honestly, I think it's time to move on because is their history as Batgirls is all that matter about them?