Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Who is your ideal cast for any DC Comics media adaptation?

I think Zack Snyder did a pretty good job of casting Batman and Superman. But honestly, as much as she's stolen America's heart, Gal Gadot wouldn't be my choice for Wonder Woman. I would've gone with Caitriona Balfe from Outlander.

Caitriona Balfe Picture.jpg

As for Barry Allen, I hardly think the film could've been more off the mark. Strangely enough, I feel the best choice for the role is actually Rick Cosnett, who was on the Flash TV show as Eddie Thawne. I think that guy just IS Barry Allen from the comics!

Cosnett.jpg

For Aquaman, I think the person who most resembles the comic is Alexander Skarsgaard, by far.

Aquaman - Alex.jpg

Honestly, some of these drive me crazy because I wish so much I knew how to photoshop. I'd be all over them!

How about anyone else?

Incredible Member

With Hal Jordan, I'm really picky. Ryan Reynold was good enough, but for an ideal, I've never really been at peace with anyone. No one really matches the square jaw with the right voice and attitude. The closest I can come up with is this little-known actor named Jack Turner, who I noticed when he played J.R.R. Tolkien on Legends of Tomorrow.

GL.jpg

Affleck was horrible as Batman, to me. he seemed genuinely uninterested in being there. the got Diana right, though. and Momoa is about as interesting casting pick as they could make. I don't think that Aquaman will do well. but I can say with certainty that just casting a blonde haired pretty boy wouldn't have gotten the job done. Aquaman is already an awful sales pitch. exotic underwater conan is a slightly better pitch.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

David Mazouz as young Bruce Wayne is the only one I'm completely satisfied right now.
    If we're talking all-time favorite, Michael Gough as Alfred.
    Tumblr keeps pushing Armie Hammer as Hal Jordan and I agree.
    The Man From UNCLE 2015 Illya Kuryakin character poster Armie Hammer KGB.jpg

Keep everyone as is. Find an unknown Arabic actor to play Simon Baz, an unknown young Hispanic actress and have a Tom Cruise Hal Jordan to train them both. A Zac Efron as an older NW would work well.

Hard Traveling Heroes

Jon Hamm as Hal Jordan
    Denis Leary as Oliver Queen
    Wallace Shawn as the Guardian
    Jessica Biel as Dinah Lance

I await the millions rolling in.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanted Emily Blunt as Barbara Minerva in the Wonder Woman sequel.

(But I'll survive.)

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    As for Barry Allen, I hardly think the film could've been more off the mark. Strangely enough, I feel the best choice for the role is actually Rick Cosnett, who was on the Flash TV show as Eddie Thawne. I think that guy just IS Barry Allen from the comics!
    So true and really weird, isn't it?

Honestly, if he hadn't been cast as an interesting looking Aquaman, I would have had Jason Mamoa cast as Lobo. The guy is huge, muscular, and plays a wild-guy already. And with his dreadlocks, he looks even more the part.

Ron Perlman as Robotman in a Doom Patrol movie.

BANNED

[QUOTE=Slimybug;3663115]...most resembles the comic.../QUOTE]
    This is generally not much of an issue when casting a character. Appearances can be altered, talent and chemistry cannot. Rick Cosnett for instance was a great Eddie Thawne, but he's just not leading man material, no matter how much he looks like a drawing of Barry Allen.

Dennis Quaid is too old now, but he was always the perfect Hal Jordan. Now I'm hoping for James Marsden. (especially if they want a "seasoned" HJ)

Brendan Frasier would have been a good Capt Marvel (Shazam) back in the day.

It's not a stretch, but Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? Yes, that probably could have been amazing given a decent script.

Johnny Depp as Shade the Changing Man.

Sometime between "Citizen Kane" and those wine commercials, Orson Wells would have been a great Miles Caulder.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-15-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Spectacular Member

domhnall gleeson - mid/late 20s wally west

Amazing Member

I think if there's ever another live action Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle, Diego Tinoco from On My Block or Marcel Ruiz from One Day at a Time would be good choices.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ron Perlman as Robotman in a Doom Patrol movie.
    I've always heard his voice when Cliff spoke, but perhaps it's because his general face structure reminds me of Hellboy. Either way, I support this casting wholeheartedly.