Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ya, looks like Alpha Team is done. Was trying to think of a scenario where they might pull off a victory. VS the original Champions might make a more even match.

Shifting gears, hate to do this mid thread but do not want to create a new one.

Alpha Flight VS Original Champions. Roster pictured below. Same location.

250px-Champions-1.jpg

Acotilletta2--Alpha_Flight_new.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Blastaar View Post
    Ya, looks like Alpha Team is done. Was trying to think of a scenario where they might pull off a victory. VS the original Champions might make a more even match.
    Speed kills, and Surfer has ridiculous otherworldly amounts of it lol. That said I'm not sure on the original champions roster. Cho Hulk I think?

Also, call me disappointed that you haven't made a thread with Blastaar in it yet :P

Edit: blitzed again! Yeah I was so wrong lol
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Speed kills, and Surfer has ridiculous otherworldly amounts of it lol. That said I'm not sure on the original champions roster. Cho Hulk I think?

Also, call me disappointed that you haven't made a thread with Blastaar in it yet :P

Edit: blitzed again! Yeah I was so wrong lol
    http://community.comicbookresources....ciation-Thread

Hmm. Alpha Flight vs. Champions.

Nobody with speed in the Champions, so Aurora and Northstar can blitz. They have fast travel speed, but maybe not amazing reflexes where they can do a lot during a blitz. Two options. They quickly punch out Angel and Black Widow, or they do a blinding flash to temporarily blind the Champions.

1. Without Angel and Black Widow, the Champions are seriously outnumbered. On the other hand, Puck, Marina, and maybe Snowbird aren't going to matter much. Hercules can readily beat down Sasquatch. Ghost Rider can zip around on his bike, but will face constant harassment by the twins. That should buy Shaman enough time to do something mystical against Ghost Rider, though I'm not sure what off-hand. Iceman can spam a lot of ice, but I think Guardian can take him, with better maneuverability, forcefield, and energy blasts. If Shaman can find a way to shut down Ghost Rider, the whole team could potentially beat Hercules after a really tough fight. Otherwise, Ghost Rider can do some nasty attacks with hellfire, and even Sasquatch and Guardian will be vulnerable to hellfire attacks on their souls.

2. If the twins start with a blinding flash, Hercules is going to have a much tougher fight against Sasquatch until he can get a grappling hold. Angel will literally be flying blind, and Black Widow doesn't have any blind-fighting feats that I've seen. Iceman can protect himself for awhile, but won't have an effective offense while blinded. Ghost Rider has extreme physical durability, but I don't know if that means that he would be unaffected by a blinding flash.

Either way, I think that Alpha Flight has a better shot at winning, but they will have a tough time putting down Hercules and Ghost Rider.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Hmm. Alpha Flight vs. Champions.

Nobody with speed in the Champions, so Aurora and Northstar can blitz. They have fast travel speed, but maybe not amazing reflexes where they can do a lot during a blitz.
    Nope. They can fully wreck other people at superspeed. They've fought at the same speed they travel on multiple occasions.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Nope. They can fully wreck other people at superspeed. They've fought at the same speed they travel on multiple occasions.
    Not that it will mean much against Herc. They’ll be punching a wall. Maybe they could grab a leg each and go for a high-speed BFR, maybe...?

How do we treat Bobby and Johnny in this kind of situation? They’ve both become A LOT more powerful since Champions first started.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Not that it will mean much against Herc. They’ll be punching a wall. Maybe they could grab a leg each and go for a high-speed BFR, maybe...?

How do we treat Bobby and Johnny in this kind of situation? They’ve both become A LOT more powerful since Champions first started.
    No real reason they can't do exactly that, burst up,, and let him go, headed towards outer space.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    No real reason they can't do exactly that, burst up,, and let him go, headed towards outer space.
    As hairy as Herc is, this strategy probably works VERY well.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Blastaar View Post
    Blank Panther once took out SS, it's safe to say that Vindicator would have more of a chance than BP to drop in on him and take the board.
    Pretty sure he didn’t take him out and that scan has been hella misinterpreted for years now which is depressing because Dwayne mcduffie himself clarified it for fans trying to use it as proof of surfer taking him down

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...anther_silver/
    Last edited by Froggy; 05-15-2018 at 11:09 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie