Default Stan Lee sues POW!

According to BBC latest news Stan is suing company he co-founded to manage his image rights, on basis he was either tricked into signing, or never signed.

As I read must admit to a twinge of sadness, as much as anything at thought that so many of comics great creators have ended up feeling bitter about some aspect of the comics business.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

So many stories of people trying to take advantage of Stan at this point in his life. Shoot even saw my uncle (who was always a good guy) do the same thing to my elderly grandmother. Why can't people just be respectful to others not just in general, but especially to those in such states as the elderly with more than just age4 crippling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    So many stories of people trying to take advantage of Stan at this point in his life. Shoot even saw my uncle (who was always a good guy) do the same thing to my elderly grandmother. Why can't people just be respectful to others not just in general, but especially to those in such states as the elderly with more than just age4 crippling them.
    I try not to hate anybody...but I do have a strong dislike of con men, especially those that target the vulnerable.

They (professional con men) seem to have a marked knack for targeting people at the low points of their life. My neighbour (who's become a good friend friend over the years) fell prey to a fairly simple con a few years ago..and he's a shrewd guy, but they "struck" just a month after his wife died.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

There's a lot of bad vibes around Stan since his wife passed away. Some these latest news reports are mentioning that he is legally blind due to macular degeneration. I always suspected he had problems with his vision and I think that it is part of the source of his legal problems. I think it's very likely people gave him documents to sign that he probably couldn't see very well or they misrepresented the contents. I hope he finds someone he can trust to help handle his affairs. Sometimes his daughter is the source of the problems because some of the people she associates with weasel their way to Stan through her. She mostly was supported by her parents' money is from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    According to BBC latest news Stan is suing company he co-founded to manage his image rights, on basis he was either tricked into signing, or never signed.

As I read must admit to a twinge of sadness, as much as anything at thought that so many of comics great creators have ended up feeling bitter about some aspect of the comics business.
    Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44137839
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Just one of the many reasons is that many people today, especially young/younger people, do NOT respect, value or appreciate the elderly and those frail of body/mind!