Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhino vs. Blob

Default Rhino vs. Blob

616 Arena match
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure if they can hurt one another.

How strong is Blob again?

Mighty Member

Blob has a history of losing to a higher caliber of foe than Rhino. Still, he usually gives Colossus a pretty good fight, so he's probably just a little bit lower on the strength scale than him and his durability is up there to be able to withstand punches from the likes of Piotr, Hulk, and Juggernaut.

That said, Fred has been punctured before (by Wolvie, and if you can believe it, Cyclops). Given Rhino's chief mode of attack is the charge and gore, this might just be a fight Rhino can win.

I'm pretty sure if this becomes a straight up "Dukes" fest () though, Fred wins the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Blob has a history of losing to a higher caliber of foe than Rhino. Still, he usually gives Colossus a pretty good fight, so he's probably just a little bit lower on the strength scale than him and his durability is up there to be able to withstand punches from the likes of Piotr, Hulk, and Juggernaut.

That said, Fred has been punctured before (by Wolvie, and if you can believe it, Cyclops). Given Rhino's chief mode of attack is the charge and gore, this might just be a fight Rhino can win.

I'm pretty sure if this becomes a straight up "Dukes" fest () though, Fred wins the majority.
    Sometimes a post is so perfect that it ends a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post

Rhino has a history of taking punches from Hulk as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Rhino has a history of taking punches from Hulk as well.
    Blob generally tends to be in better shape after such a punch from the Hulk, though.

In one battle, Savage Hulk couldn't really hurt Blob, but he punched Blob in the gut and left his fist there. Blob's own power backfired -- since Hulk's arm wouldn't move, the Blob's power had to go *somewhere*, and the pushback from Fred's own belly sent him flying back. Hulk (at that level) didn't have the strength to harm Blob, but he had the strength to outdo Blob at his own power, essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Blob generally tends to be in better shape after such a punch from the Hulk, though.

In one battle, Savage Hulk couldn't really hurt Blob, but he punched Blob in the gut and left his fist there. Blob's own power backfired -- since Hulk's arm wouldn't move, the Blob's power had to go *somewhere*, and the pushback from Fred's own belly sent him flying back. Hulk (at that level) didn't have the strength to harm Blob, but he had the strength to outdo Blob at his own power, essentially.
    Considering Blob passed out immediately afterwards, I'd say that counts as having enough strength to hurt him.

It's worth noting that unlike the Blob the Rhino has generally gone the distance with the Hulk. He's always lost, but part of the reason he's more messed up is Hulk actually has to beat Rhino unconscious to get him to stop fighting (Kinda like the villainous version of the Thing.) Every fight I've ever read between Blob and the Hulk lasts about as long as it takes for Hulk to get one good shot in, or just plain old fashioned scare Dukes into submission.

The first time Hulk and the Rhino fought, Hulk's got the guy by the throat, roaring at him to submit, even threatening to kill him, and the Rhino point blank refuses. Of course Rhino's gonna be more messed up, for all his other flaws, the guys got balls of steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Considering Blob passed out immediately afterwards, I'd say that counts as having enough strength to hurt him.
    I should've said "at first." Hulk was savage and frustrated, but far from the angriest we've seen. Though it says something when Hulk resorted to using his wits because brute strength alone wasn't doing it.

Hulk had the strength, but he also applied it non-conventionally. The usual punches and smashes weren't doing it at the start.

That actually was a pretty cool scene.

Hulk: "Say it, before you die! Nobody can beat the Hulk!"

Rhino: "Never! Not in this life or the next!"

It should be noted that Rhino was conclusively beaten when he said that. Armor in tatters. Hulk was mangling him, calling him feeble and comparing his strongest blow to a fly swatter. Rhino is crazy brave (stupid lol).
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I should've said "at first." Hulk was savage and frustrated, but far from the angriest we've seen. Though it says something when Hulk resorted to using his wits because brute strength alone wasn't doing it.

Hulk had the strength, but he also applied it non-conventionally. The usual punches and smashes weren't doing it at the start.
    Sure you can say that, but Hulk was also angry enough during his first fight with Rhino to threaten to kill the guy. (This is the Savage Hulk, the most peaceful variation of the guy, by the by.) Yeah, Hulk's had trouble getting past Duke's Kevlard padding before, but as soon as he get's a clean hit (Or Joe Fixit just started pulling him the other way, because he's bit of a jerk) the Blob has always folded.

I can't say for the rest of the two characters histories, but I'm fairly confident I've read every time either of them have popped up in a Hulk book and Rhino has always managed to put up a good showing, even though he's always solo. Blob has mostly been with a least one other person, and he's always come off as a bit of a chump.

My guess is that if Rhino get's his horn into Duke's gut, there's a pretty good chance he'll tear the guy open. That's a lot of force on a very sharp point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    That actually was a pretty cool scene.

Hulk: "Say it, before you die! Nobody can beat the Hulk!"

Rhino: "Never! Not in this life or the next!"

It should be noted that Rhino was conclusively beaten when he said that. Armor in tatters. Hulk was mangling him, calling him feeble and comparing his strongest blow to a fly swatter. Rhino is crazy brave (stupid lol).
    Like I said, He's the villainous idiot version of Ben Grimm.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    That was a better showing than I remember for Blob. Cool.
    - big_adventure

But it was awfully nice of Hulk to catch the Blob from falling, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I can't say for the rest of the two characters histories, but I'm fairly confident I've read every time either of them have popped up in a Hulk book and Rhino has always managed to put up a good showing, even though he's always solo. Blob has mostly been with a least one other person, and he's always come off as a bit of a chump.
    Rhino teamed up with Abomination against the Hulk, and that did not turn out well. It's always embarrassing when someone gets outwitted by the Savage Hulk.