View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bloodstrike #0 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Copperhead #19

0 0%
  • The Death of Love #5 (of 5) [series finale]

0 0%
  • The Fix #12

0 0%
  • I Hate Fairyland #19

0 0%
  • It Will All Hurt [graphic novel]

0 0%
  • Kick-Ass (2018) #5

0 0%
  • The Magic Order #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Monstress #17

4 30.77%
  • Oblivion Song #4

0 0%
  • Proxima Centauri #1 (of 6) [series premiere]

1 7.69%
  • Stellar #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Weatherman #1 [series premiere]

3 23.08%
  • Other - Analog #3, Dead Hand #3, Dry County #4

2 15.38%
  • Other - Mage, The Hero Denied #9 (of 15), Rose #12, Witchblade #6

3 23.08%

Default Weekly Image poll #24 - back with a giant week!

Welcome scrubs, we're back for another poll!

Two weeks ago was the last one (whoops were did time go?), and it was a shared victory between Kill or be Killed's penultimate issue, and Lazarus #28!

This week a whoooole bunch is happening, let's do the rundown: Copperhead is back for a new storyline, with co-creator Scott Godlewski back on board. The Death of Love releases its final issue this week as scheduled. Dry County #4 marks the penultimate issue for that series, while I Hate Fairyland has a space-issue this week! Isola releases a third reprint of issue 1, as well as a second reprint of issue 2 - very good signs! Oblivion Song is still reprinting issues too, looks like another successful launch. Lastly, Rose and Witchblade are both wrapping up storylines this week.

All right on to the week's new stuff which... Whew there's quite a few! Let's take it from the top.

1. Bloodstrike, the Rob Liefeld series, finally get its relaunch this week with a zero issue. After this it'll resume the original numbering from #23 onwards, as was also done with other Extreme Studios relaunches (Glory, Prophet). Michel Fiffe is running the show on this one, the famed creator of COPRA, and he calls the first storyline 'the Brutalists' - promising.

2. It Will All Hurt is a graphic novel collection of Farel Dalrymple's original series. Three print issues plus six webcomic issues are all included. This is about wizards, a psych-apocalypse, and other weird Farel Dalrymple stuff!

3. Proxima Centauri is also by Farel Dalrymple, who's having a hell of a week. This brand-new series sounds bizzonkers, so I'll just quote the solicit text: "the teenage wizard adventurer Sherwood Breadcoat is stuck in the confounding spectral zone on the manufactured dimensional sphere, Proxima Centauri, looking for escape and a way back to his brother while dealing with his confusing emotions, alien creatures, and all sorts of unknown, fantastic dangers. " A-yup.

315089.jpg 308461.jpg 310850.jpg

4. The Magic Order is the newest series from Mark Millar, this time superstar artist Oliver Coipel is on board! This one sounds a lot like the Harry Potter universe, about a secret wizarding society hidden from us non-magicians. It already has Netflix backing, so might be turned into a series if successful.

5. Stellar is the name of a woman designed to be a perfect weapon, and also the titular hero of the new series by Joe Keatinge (Glory, Shutter). It's drawn by New Mutants and Sleepwalker artist Bret Belvins. This looks like good sci-fi/fantasy about an interstellar bounty hunter!

6. The Weather Man looks like weirdness. It's about Mars' premiere weather guy who gets accussed of committing an attack, with all of Earth and Mars now gunning for him - whilst he himself suffers from (convenient?) amnesia. The writer did Shirtless Bear-Fighter before, the artist you know from DMZ, and Dave Stewart (Rumble) has really splashed the paint for this one. Most eye-catching cover of the week in a week where Farel Dalrymple releases two books? That says something.

310842.jpg 310853.jpg 310846.jpg

It was Copperhead and Monstress for me this week. Both were packed with good story moments; and each has a cliff-hanger ending. So I'm having a tough time deciding which one gets my vote. I will probably give it to Monstress by a really narrow margin.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Interested in The Magic Order #1 and Weatherman #1. But waiting to hear how they're received first before buying them.

All-New Member

My vote was for Mage: The Hero Denied#9.

Quote Originally Posted by Kochman6 View Post
    My vote was for Mage: The Hero Denied#9.
    Mine, too.

I bought The Magic Order and The Weatherman this week. It was a tough call as both were great first issues, but I think I slightly preferred the Weatherman.
    Pull List: Conan the Barbarian

Really liked The Weatherman. Stellar I thought was really boring and the art looks like something you'd see in a throwaway licensed property book.

But my vote goes to Monstress cuz Monstress.

Opted for The Weatherman #1 and not The Magic Order.. Flipped through it and it just seemed blah to me. Aside from Coipel's art. But I thoroughly enjoyed Weatherman 1. I will definitely be sticking around for more.

I live for The Dead Hand.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.