Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
Well, you have to start somewhere.
Quite a few will stumble across TWD because of the T.V. show. Fewer will pay attention to the publisher, but still, very often having a brand makes people try other products as well.
Let‘s take Apple as an example. Years ago I was one of the few who used Apple Computers. That has changed due to the iPhone. Nowadays people also buy laptops and computers and what else Apple sells.
My saying is just that TWD is a bit like the iPhone, and I don‘t think it‘s really healthy for a company to rely on only one product if said product is part of a competative market. You run the risk of waning interest, and I feel the same might happen to Image.
Once TWD stops airing, less exposure in general could result in fewer sales throughout all titles.
But as pointed out the numbers of the other titles do not suggest that there actually is any connection in this case so what you have here is an idea without anything to back it up.
There is nothing that suggests people starts reading other titles because of TWD in any significant numbers.