Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Yay, Storm, Jean and Kurt in the same book!

However, I hate hate HATE Kurt with facial hair. Dave Cockrum himself said Kurt doesn't grow facial hair.

The art is just so so. If often looks very rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I wanna believe that our disconnect starts when you ignore that all characters through out the superhero comic genre hone their attributes. The same things that once took her out or hampered her simply are not a factor. We have proof from her most recent personal storylines that she immune to lightning. Seeing that Claremont hasn't written her in years anything that he intended is of no consequence. That's like bringing up her losses to Magneto when we now have proof that she has the same power or magnetic field manipulation. Don't get in your feelings. I was confused (still am) about what you said.
    Then that means you don't want to get it, and you will still be confused. But thank you for clairfication about "What Claremont intended is of no consequence." So can you tell your buddy to stop bring up those old issues then? Since they don't matter. No more galactic Core, total invulernabililty to telepathy etc etc. Things Claremont initated, but not every writer clearly agrees with. She has some immunity to telepathy, and thats about as much as anybody can agree on.

That's true that her defeats are canon as well. Who said they weren't? The point is the same things that proves to be problems for decades ago should not be considered today. We are talking about her being taken out by electric shock after her very first solo established that she is completely immune to lightning. It doesn't no compute. She's been gaining finer control of the elements over the years. What about that is so hard to get ?
    Actually, I don't have a problem with her being immune to her powers, however this being comics it can change again at anytime, which was always my point. I don't think that ligntening would have killed her, but that she was subconciously trying to fry the little bugger that was in her head, after Jean turned off the telepathic suggestion that was planted...that was until Nezhno jumped in the way trying to protect her. He does look at her as Queen still, it's only fitting that he would try and protect her thinking that it would have killed her.
    Last edited by richalex; 05-16-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Then that means you don't want to get it, and you will still be confused. But thank you for clairfication about "What Claremont intended is of no consequence." So can you tell your buddy to stop bring up those old issues then? Since they don't matter. No more galactic Core, total invulernabililty to telepathy etc etc. Things Claremont initated, but not every writer clearly agrees with. She has some immunity to telepathy, and thats about as much as anybody can agree on.

Actually, I don't have a problem with her being immune to her powers. I don't think that ligntening would have killed her, but that she was subconciously trying to fry the little bugger that was in her head, after Jean turned off the telepathic suggestion that was planted...that was until Nezhno jumped in the way trying to protect her. He does look at her as Queen still, it's only fitting that he would try and protect her thinking that it would have killed her.
    Absolutely not. When Storm isn't being written down, she can beat back any telepath, no matter how powerful. Canon has shown this and tons of writers have written Storm with her mental defenses (Claremont, Alan Davis, the guy who wrote Wolverine and the X-Men, McDuffie, Yost, Hudlin, and probably others I can't think of). On the boards, we give the characters their due.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Really loving RED....really shows how bad GOLD is
    Yay to Ororo joining the team...and yay to no hammer!
    LOVE Kurt's facial hair

Wish Rogue would join the team so they could drop Namor

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Absolutely not. When Storm isn't being written down, she can beat back any telepath, no matter how powerful. Canon has shown this and tons of writers have written Storm with her mental defenses (Claremont, Alan Davis, the guy who wrote Wolverine and the X-Men, McDuffie, Yost, Hudlin, and probably others I can't think of). On the boards, we give the characters their due.
    Uh huh. Ok. Anyway, you still play the Piano?
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Storm's canon is decades-long and filled with contradictions. You post over and over the same scans showing some of Storm's high end feats. But when people point out her low points, you say it's not canon and should be dis-regarded as PIS. That's the issue. You can't cherry-pick which parts you agree with and which parts you ignore. It's all canon.

To put it another way: Claremont wrote her as vulnerable to lightning. Pak changed it to immune to lightning. If Tom Taylor now writes that she is vulnerable to lightning, that is also canon. I understand it's frustrating as a fan, but that is how comics work.

BANNED

Deleted post...
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-21-2018 at 10:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Storm's canon is decades-long and filled with contradictions. You post over and over the same scans showing some of Storm's high end feats. But when people point out her low points, you say it's not canon and should be dis-regarded as PIS. That's the issue. You can't cherry-pick which parts you agree with and which parts you ignore. It's all canon.

To put it another way: Claremont wrote her as vulnerable to lightning. Pak changed it to immune to lightning. If Tom Taylor now writes that she is vulnerable to lightning, that is also canon. I understand it's frustrating as a fan, but that is how comics work.
    I have never disregarded it as non-canon, but I discount it as PIS. In canon, often times characters are scaled back for the sake of story progression or to prop up another character. We throw those instances out on the boards where characters are written down. That said, Claremont wrote Storm invulnerable to lightning in some stories and vulnerable to it in others. Pak just came along and established her being invulnerable to it instead of trilling back and forth between the two like CC did.

BANNED

Good book love Jean without the Phoenix.
    Trinary is my favorite of the bunch as she isn't the team Heavy, but actual support, and what happens when a non-combat power is in the hands of a good writer.

But my overall issue is still the always murdering of mutants in such a fantastical universe, mutants are the problem with the world?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    But my overall issue is still the always murdering of mutants in such a fantastical universe, mutants are the problem with the world?
    This is specifically due to Nova's sentinites this time.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Generally I was pretty happy with this issue. Storm joining was a pleasant surprise. Still trying to ground these events relative to the other X-books. It seems like these events must occur in the future relative to the current Gold story arc and that many of these characters will migrate to Red.

I still want this to double ship somehow! And I was bummed not to see Gambit. Very much looking forward to the Annual!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Storm acknowledged as a goddess: check.
    Tchalla acknowledged they (he and storm) are together again: check.

now who said the xoffices wouldn't acknowledge what coates was doing lolololol. good issue.
    Very good news for Storm fans. If the X-Office treats T'Challa with respect then I MAAAAY... At least loosen my paranoia of them. At this point Storm and T'Challa might as well be remarried.

In honor of today's issue. ftormjean.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So is Storm now a regular on the team? Is she one of the secret members they were talking about being added? Yasssss.

lol I still want Emma on this team.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 05-16-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In honor of today's issue. ftormjean.jpg
    Loving this
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡