Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    I agree that this is dragging and it's also not a lot of fun? The preview pages made me think we were going to get this epic brawl between Ororo and Jean but we just got a lot of talking instead. As much as I like Jean's characterization and the dialogue, we're four issues in and I can't really name any great moments. Taylor said he was inspired by Morrison but besides having Nova around, I'm just not seeing it.
    Taylor's Jean is very much inspired by Morrison. She has the same voice and what she was trying to do with the UN followed the trajectory Morrison set for her. She (and Nova) is the only one on Red that was in his book, and Taylor has them down well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Maybe i'm remembering this wrong, and I haven't read the issue yet ether. Didn't Storm electrocute herself right after she won leadership with the Morlocks, and before she first went with the Mohawk (I'm remembering some Paul Smith Art for this instance.)? Further more around that time she was having trouble with her powers, and then she lost them. Who is to say that after she regained them, that she regained that control she once had?

(All of that written by Claremont who did not have her doing those impossible/improbable feats, imo, after she regained her powers.)

Anywho, i'm glad most are enjoying the issue and I cannot wait to read it.
    Storm has since been confirmed to be completely immune to the effects of lightning in her first solo written by Greg Pak. That's due in part to her absolute dominion over electricity. She's that good. I would have liked to see a different elemental attack, really. If she really wanted to take down everyone there she would have simply "Mr. Sinistered" them. That would have dropped everyone on the scene. As a matter of fact, I think that might be similar to how Jean died last time. If Storm wanted to relish in the moment she could have just snatched the air out the lungs of everything in the vicinity. I don't mind how this played out, tho. If Storm wanted to hurt herself she knows how to go about it. She practically committed suicide to purge the brood embryo from her body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Storm has since been confirmed to be completely immune to the effects of lightning in her first solo written by Greg Pak. That's due in part to her absolute dominion over electricity. She's that good. I would have liked to see a different elemental attack, really. If she really wanted to take down everyone there she would have simply "Mr. Sinistered" them. That would have dropped everyone on the scene. As a matter of fact, I think that might be similar to how Jean died last time. If Storm wanted to relish in the moment she could have just snatched the air out the lungs of everything in the vicinity. I don't mind how this played out, tho. If Storm wanted to hurt herself she knows how to go about it. She practically committed suicide to purge the brood embryo from her body.
    True. Lightning wouldn't do it, but she could steal the air out of her own lungs since she still requires air to breathe.

I have to be honest, I was expecting a bit more, but I still think it was a good issue, and so far Red seems to be a really solid book.

And the costumes are growing on me definitely, and Storm's is like super good!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Taylor's Jean is very much inspired by Morrison. She has the same voice and what she was trying to do with the UN followed the trajectory Morrison set for her. She (and Nova) is the only one on Red that was in his book, and Taylor has them down well
    Now that you mention it she really sounds like Morrison's Jean, which I'm completely OK with, her Jean was badass as ****, her defending the school alone was such a brilliant moment.

BANNED

I look at it like this:

The sentinites want the host to hurt themselves, so they tried to make Storm use her power against herself, but her powers don't work that way...there have been too many times in the past where lightening has coursed through her body, or she's even used it through her own hands.

That was really mostly a set up issue. But I thought it was a really good one, and actually fast-paced when it comes to that.

We went from Storm being brainwashed to going back to normal to joining the team. From Nezhno not wanting to fight to doing so to joining the team. From the team being on Wakanda to Atlantis and establishing their base there(and Namor letting them do that and... Also joining the team I guess). Plus both we and the team learned about what Nova is doing and how. And then we see her doing it, with a bunch of powerful people, making clear what's coming for them.

So, a lot happened, and the story progressed quite a bit. It just wasn't focused on action.

And now that the gangs all here (except for Remy) and Nova's moving forward we'll have plenty of new territory to dive into next issue.

BANNED

Do we think that Nova is on her own?

Could there be an entire evil team against this one?

One problem I have with this storyline is that Blue has a story with a sentinel, gold has a sentinel (made up of nanosentinels) and now this...it seems very samey.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Nova is definitely on her own but she might have a group of mind controlled mutants with her, like with Forge.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

Which I'm going to guess will not go over well at all with Storm...

I really dig Nightcrawler's design in that book.
    Other than that, it was a good issue. Too bad Gambit wasn't in there.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    True. Lightning wouldn't do it, but she could steal the air out of her own lungs since she still requires air to breathe.
    or she could have zapped a tree and it could have almost fell on her before nehzno stopped it from happening
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Oh I see,

So you all pick and choose what you want to use, only everyone else has to abide by the lower showing of characters. Got it.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Another very solid issue of Red and some more excellent art by Asrar. SO glad Ororo is joining the team and what we've seen of her costume looks pretty sweet... I need a Travis Charest cover spotlighting the Goddess pronto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Oh I see,

So you all pick and choose what you want to use, only everyone else has to abide by the lower showing of characters. Got it.
    Pretty much.

There was a lot more going on in this issue that can be discussed.