Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Question What X-men team book relaunch do you want to see this year?

I expect the fresh start to hit X-men this August/September.

I would love to see..

Uncanny X-men ~ Hickman & Joe Mad
    Rogue, Skin, Wolverine, Colossus, Chamber, Jubilee, Psylocke & Cannonball - Based in the school

X-men ~ Hickman & Larraz
    Kitty, Beast, Husk, Sunspot, Angel, Marrow, Bishop & M - Based in the school

Amazing X-men ~ Thompson & Asrar (Rebranded Red)
    Jean Grey, Namor, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Storm, Gentile, X-23, Honey Badger & Trinary - Based in Atlantis, International team

Excalibur ~ Claremont & Pacheco
    Captain Britain, Meggan, Excalibur, Black Knight, Siryn, Guillotine, Wisdom & Strong Guy - Based in Paris, European team

X-Force ~ Taylor & Bachelo - Based in LA
    Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Maggott, Shatterstar, Moonstar & Bloodstorm

X-Factor ~ David & Garron (Rebranded Astonishing) - Based in Australia
    Havok, Polaris, Tempest, Forge, Quicksilver, Magik, Morph & Iceman

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I wanna see Bunn's Uncanny come back with the same team he had previously.

Or, if Creed has to be stuck in Weapon X, I wanna see that relaunched with a better writer who actually writes the characters like he's invested in them. lol Instead of just getting by on a lame action comedy with characters who are mercs, assassins, and serial killers. The story should be considerably more serious than what we're getting.

Otherwise, I am pretty indifferent in books overall. Just where do characters I like fall.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

New X-Men of course
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

i just want uncanny back and i want cyclops, not tyke, in the book. he doesn't have to be a leader, but i need him back

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

New Mutants (with Gabby, Molly and Franklin Richards) by Brisson

X-Men White
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    I expect the fresh start to hit X-men this August/September.

I would love to see..

Uncanny X-men ~ Hickman & Joe Mad
    Rogue, Skin, Wolverine, Colossus, Chamber, Jubilee, Psylocke & Cannonball - Based in the school

X-men ~ Hickman & Larraz
    Kitty, Beast, Husk, Sunspot, Angel, Marrow, Bishop & M - Based in the school

Amazing X-men ~ Thompson & Asrar (Rebranded Red)
    Jean Grey, Namor, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Storm, Gentile, X-23, Honey Badger & Trinary - Based in Atlantis, International team

Excalibur ~ Claremont & Pacheco
    Captain Britain, Meggan, Excalibur, Black Knight, Siryn, Guillotine, Wisdom & Strong Guy - Based in Paris, European team

X-Force ~ Taylor & Bachelo - Based in LA
    Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Maggott, Shatterstar, Moonstar & Bloodstorm

Good suggestions, but Taylor needs to stay on Red. I assume when you say Thompson, you mean Kelly (there's a couple of other Thompsons at Marvel), and yes, I'd give her a team book, but not that one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Like the idea but why rebrand Astonishing as X-Factor?

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men
    X-Men
    X-Force
    X-Factor
    Essential X-Men. (New Title)

Another thing I'd do different, is, let's have a book called X-Men Unity - it would be a spiritual successor to Uncanny Avengers, reuniting the majority of the team. Rogue would lead a new team comprising heroes who believe in the X-Men's ethos of integration between humans, mutants and other superhumans, now based out of the X mansion instead of Avengers Mansion. I'd have Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Synapse, Wasp, Spider-Man (Peter) and Human Torch. Three mutants, two others who used to believe they were mutants, an Inhuman, an Avenger, a Spider, and an F4 member.

And I'd bring back Wolverine and the X-Men, as a successor to Generation X. Because of West Coast Avengers, Quentin Quire would no longer feature, so the focus would be on Oya, Shark Girl, Genesis, Bling, Nature Girl, Morph, Hindsight, Anole, Glob, and Rockslide.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why Australia for a X-Men book?

I want Bunn on a grounded title. I had previously said a flagship of his own, where he can break new ground, but with series' like Red and Astonishing, I think it's clear that's not a necessity anymore. So, give him a team he can work with, with full control over tone and direction (no editorial-infringed T-Mists and the like, with O5 nowhere in sight). Hopefully he'd avoid duplicates, but Bunn's proclivity towards alt. universe characters seems to be something I just need to begrudgingly accept. Any cross-overs should be in self-contained minis, a la Civil War 2: X-Men, not Poison-X.

I'd love something with the tone and characters of his Magneto/Uncanny books, but with the plotting developments he's made in Blue. The fact that he's been able to pay off (I think) every single element that he set-up early on is a fantastic achievement, and has been really entertaining. I think that's one of the reasons MotherVine has been such a popular arc.

I'm torn because I'd like to see Bunn take a break from Magneto in his X-Books, but, at the same time, I don't want anyone else touching the character. Perhaps if Bunn moves back to a monthly schedule (flagships should remain as two, bimonthly imo), he could write two X-Books- a team and a Magneto-focused one. That's what I'd like to see.

I mean, what I'd really like to see is the rotating cast flagship he pitched a while back, but ah well...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why Australia for a X-Men book?
    Ask Chris Claremont, I guess.

X-Force. With Cable, Domino and Deadpool. Beyond that I don’t care who else.

Alpha Flight: 6-issue mini getting the band back together. Classic line-up, Mac on R&D, Heather leading.