Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I fucking love this book.

It's even got 2 of my top 3!

And the X-Women are in full force here. The book I've wanted for years, frankly. Can't wait to see what Taylor does with Storm.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 05-16-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

can I just say one more time for all the haters who said storm wouldn't be mentioned as a goddess except in bp and they hope it would never be seen in the xbooks.... man it feels good to be right

muah
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

As I wrote in the Jean thread...I loved this issue. I love the team dynamic and I'm excited that Storm has joined. Storm is such a great character and deserves so much more than what she gets in X-men Gold. I want to see Storm in a leadership position. I'd like to see Jean and Storm co-lead this team.

I did miss Gambit in this issue and I can't wait to see him formally join the team. The team is getting quite big, but I think Taylor will make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Loving this
    Thanks. ^_^

On rereading the issue i also need to add that i enjoyed how natural it was for Storm to join the team. It's kind of funny because even before it was confirmed closer to the end i kept thinking "No way can Storm walk away from what Jean is telling her is happening." So Kudos Taylor. Storm literally had to join this team and it worked out so well.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    So is Storm now a regular on the team? Is she one of the secret members they were talking about being added? Yasssss.

lol I still want Emma on this team.
    Storm and Gambit were the secret members.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Just also wanted to give credit to Asrar and the colorist as well. His art has really been growing and i think he's only going to get better. His passion for drawing really comes across. And i love how good he is at expressions and actually making the characters look diverse. When is the last time an X-team wore so many different things in one issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In honor of today's issue. Attachment 65991
    Ah, this is cute. It's been too long since we've had Jean and Ororo images!

Just also wanted to give credit to Asrar and the colorist as well. His art has really been growing and i think he's only going to get better. His passion for drawing really comes across. And i love how good he is at expressions and actually making the characters look diverse. When is the last time an X-team wore so many different things in one issue.
    This is why I'm kinda sad seeing the costumes finally come. It's fun seeing the X-Men wear interesting clothes here and there.

BANNED

Jean changes like twice in every issue. I love it.

I wonder if these are all fits she bought just before she died.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Jean changes like twice in every issue. I love it.

I wonder if these are all fits she bought just before she died.
    Knowing Jean, she steals fashion ideas from clothes on display in stores, then uses her telekinesis to transform her old ones into them.

I loved this issue! I think the book is finally finding its footing and while I haven't been a huge Storm fan for many years her inclusion really excited me. This book is starting to feel like its wearing the big shoes it was meant to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Knowing Jean, she steals fashion ideas from clothes on display in stores, then uses her telekinesis to transform her old ones into them.
    .. This just gave me Maxima vibes lmao
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Gabby is so damn unbearable. You think she’d feel it if they blasted her into the sun?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I like how Jean after finding out Storm and BP are together immediately decides they have to leave Wakanda. She really is shameless.
    It's Uncanny #290 all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean is gonna be the Red Chicken, Queen of the Mutant Nation, and ask for Storm to marry her. T'Challa is shook.
    Hilarious. I'd ship it!

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    I feel she's doing her a favor considering the trainwreck that relationship was.
    Ooh, shots fired!

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post

I told y'all that Jean would NOT let her and sis-sis come to blows. Even though Storm did get kicked in the head.
    Honestly, this was a huge missed opportunity, even if only for a page of them going at it. Two characters of that powerlevel and emotional connection going at it is just too good an thing to pass over. And there goes Laura again with the unnecessary roughness. If her and Gabby were off this team, and you just have Gambit or Logan(or freaking Marrow or some other female feral type) in their spot, this book would be prime. I really can't stand the girl clones.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Pak established that she is immune to it. The lady has effortlessly absorbed all of the electrical power from an entire storm into her body with no problems at all. She has absorbed the energy of a galactic core and didn't die from it. There is also canon out there that states she cannot be directly harmed by any of the weather's manifestations. That bolt should not have affected her at all.
    Yeah, that beat didn't ring true for me at all. Storm can channel the power of continent-sized, hemisphere-sized hurricanes, the power of a million suns/planets, through her body without burning herself out. She's stopped Hulk's heart with a bolt. It's kinda hard to swallow Gentle tanking a 'killer bolt', on top of that. I'll allow it just to see Storm out of Guggenheim's hands, but hopefully Taylor will brush up of Storm's powers a bit more as he proceeds.

Asrar is killing it on this book, especially with the civies. X-Men haven't been seen so much out of costume[in cool clothes] in over a decade. That last page with the team was looking great(and finally the colorist realized Kurt's eyes are yellow!!), except I really need Gabby and Laura out of the picture. Namor-Storm-Gentle-Jean-Kurt-Trinary-Gambit is a powerhouse team, and then there's these two feral clones.... Marrow, Feral, Wolfsbane, or you know, the real Logan would just be infinitely better, and would help streamline the bloated line up a bit(fine, keep Laura, but do we really need another clone on top of her too?). And Namor can definitely just walk around in his speedo as long as he wants; keep your repressive Puritan morals to yourself, Surface-Worlder!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The interaction between Jean and Storm didn't carry the ocassional depth it has. Strange that Trinary called Gentle by name, when did she meet him. The direction is nice but I don't feel the charcaters dialogue and beats yet. Also, they're using Gabby quiks and banter to diaguise the lack of substance in characters interaction. I'm starting to get concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    The interaction between Jean and Storm didn't carry the ocassional depth it has. Strange that Trinary called Gentle by name, when did she meet him. The direction is nice but I don't feel the charcaters dialogue and beats yet. Also, they're using Gabby quiks and banter to diaguise the lack of substance in characters interaction. I'm starting to get concerned.
    There are some faults in the delivery. I hope Taylor can course correct. The potential for this series is quite high, but there may be some cause for concern.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!