Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I still answered your question while managing to talk around you. You along with everyone that was in agreement with you were baseless as it referred to my point. I wasn't worried about everyone else's low showings being put on display so Storm could be shown at her highest or whatever that was meant to imply. I'm worried about Storm's canon feats being respected. Even still I managed to enjoy this issue. Your original response to me tried to imply that all I was focused on was feats. That isn't the case. If it was I'd be harping on the lack of indomitable will and the perceived lethality of her own lightning. Did you have another meaning that I missed?
    You did miss the point. I originally asked the question about what Claremont possibly intended, with her losing her powers and her connection to the earth and maybe that is why the lightening affected her. You stated what Greg Pam did in his issues but I'm talking about Claremont. Then I stated you all only using higher end feats and not aknowledging the lower ones, or maybe other writers think it's supid. I tried to help you out as to why she cannot do some of the things she once was able to do.

And watch your tone, you are close to that line. If you have a problem with what I asked you simply shouldn't have responded.
    Richard Alexander

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    You did miss the point. I originally asked the question about what Claremont possibly intended, with her losing her powers and her connection to the earth and maybe that is why the lightening affected her. You stated what Greg Pam did in his issues but I'm talking about Claremont. Then I stated you all only using higher end feats and not aknowledging the lower ones, or maybe other writers think it's supid. I tried to help you out as to why she cannot do some of the things she once was able to do.

And watch your tone, you are close to that line. If you have a problem with what I asked you simply shouldn't have responded.
    why would what Claremont did way back before she went punk have to do with what happened in red, especially considering that on her solo it has since been established she is immune to lightning?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she want conscious with Dracula. she was beaten but was able to resist his control over her and revert back to human form. this is not something you can rationalize. that said I liked the issue for the things bb mentioned but there are areas where he missed the mark with storm.
    Dracula is not Cassie Nova. It's quite possible she knows the X-men on a far more intimate level because of her connection with her brother and her time masquerading as him. It is quite possible that she would be able to do what she did because of this, while Dracula, though powerful wouldn't have been able to.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I still answered your question while managing to talk around you. You along with everyone that was in agreement with you were baseless as it referred to my point. I wasn't worried about everyone else's low showings being put on display so Storm could be shown at her highest or whatever that was meant to imply. I'm worried about Storm's canon feats being respected. Even still I managed to enjoy this issue. Your original response to me tried to imply that all I was focused on was feats. That isn't the case. If it was I'd be harping on the lack of indomitable will and the perceived lethality of her own lightning. Did you have another meaning that I missed?
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why would what Claremont did way back before she went punk have to do with what happened in red, especially considering that on her solo it has since been established she is immune to lightning?
    The quote in bold is why. Her Canon defeats are just as in Canon as her victories.
    Last edited by richalex; 05-16-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    Richard Alexander

Overall i thought this was a great issue from Taylor. The art was fantastic imo and i loved how ethereal Storm looked.

Trinary looked really happy to see Nehzno, i wouldn't mind seeing them become friends. I think Trinary will make a great addition to the x-men and wonder what a meeting with her and Sage would look like.

One of the best parts of the book was that the characters all actually seem to care about each other and Taylor is taking the time to make personal relationships with the cast. Jean catching up on Ororo's life via Tchalla, Namor and Gabby talking, Jean getting to see a side of Laura that actually suprised her. Taylor is doing a great job of humanizing the characters. I also think the overall plot is very interesting. The one thing that did stand out to me though was the end of the issue, if the leader sensed his general was a mutant and killed him, wouldn't he have also sensed Cassandra Nova is a mutant or at least had the latent gene.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Overall i thought this was a great issue from Taylor. The art was fantastic imo and i loved how ethereal Storm looked.

Trinary looked really happy to see Nehzno, i wouldn't mind seeing them become friends. I think Trinary will make a great addition to the x-men and wonder what a meeting with her and Sage would look like.

One of the best parts of the book was that the characters all actually seem to care about each other and Taylor is taking the time to make personal relationships with the cast. Jean catching up on Ororo's life via Tchalla, Namor and Gabby talking, Jean getting to see a side of Laura that actually suprised her. Taylor is doing a great job of humanizing the characters. I also think the overall plot is very interesting. The one thing that did stand out to me though was the end of the issue, if the leader sensed his general was a mutant and killed him, wouldn't he have also sensed Cassandra Nova is a mutant or at least had the latent gene.
    Cassandra isn't exactly a mutant. She is a mummudrai, which is a parasitic, living psychic construct that is also a genetic duplicate of another individual. Everyone - or at least every psychic - has one. Cassandra is Charles'. Her powers aren't dependent on an X-Gene since she doesn't have the same genes as a human at all.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Storm joins and gets a costume that isn't a bathing suite. This comic is giving me everything.

Loving how Taylor is making the Sentinels into a relevant commentary by making them Sentinites. Compare this to what Guggenheim is doing with nano-sentinels in Gold.

Taylor's Jean is complete perfection. What an inspiration.

The art was top-notch. Look at those clothes and hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Cassandra isn't exactly a mutant. She is a mummudrai, which is a parasitic, living psychic construct that is also a genetic duplicate of another individual. Everyone - or at least every psychic - has one. Cassandra is Charles'. Her powers aren't dependent on an X-Gene since she doesn't have the same genes as a human at all.
    But didn't she have to activate her latent x-gene to get full access to her powers?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

But didn't she have to activate her latent x-gene to get full access to her powers?
    No she did not. She already had access to them by the time she attacked the X-Men in the first arc of New X-Men.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No she did not. She already had access to them by the time she attacked the X-Men in the first arc of New X-Men.
    Thanks. Then 10/10 from me. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Red's team is unreal. What a perfect mix of icons, new faces, powerhouses, and personalities.

While I don't have a problem with them creating new mutants, though I wish the powers were a bit different overall. I wonder why they didn't just use Hijack instead of creating Trinary? Is there a difference in their powersets?
    Richard Alexander

[...] Jean getting to see a side of Laura that actually suprised her...
    OMG forgot about that! I LOVED thad bit, it was super cute and had me laughing, I really liked that little bit with Laura and Jean's face was everything.

BANNED

I wanna believe that our disconnect starts when you ignore that all characters through out the superhero comic genre hone their attributes. The same things that once took her out or hampered her simply are not a factor. We have proof from her most recent personal storylines that she immune to lightning. Seeing that Claremont hasn't written her in years anything that he intended is of no consequence. That's like bringing up her losses to Magneto when we now have proof that she has the same power or magnetic field manipulation. Don't get in your feelings. I was confused (still am) about what you said.
    The quote in bold is why. Her Canon defeats are just as in Canon as her victories.
    That's true that her defeats are canon as well. Who said they weren't? The point is the same things that proves to be problems for decades ago should not be considered today. We are talking about her being taken out by electric shock after her very first solo established that she is completely immune to lightning. It doesn't no compute. She's been gaining finer control of the elements over the years. What about that is so hard to get ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    OMG forgot about that! I LOVED thad bit, it was super cute and had me laughing, I really liked that little bit with Laura and Jean's face was everything.
    Thinly-veiled amusement Jean might be my new favorite Jean.

jean.jpg